Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

Slight mistake above. Contractor (Mr. Lim) $22.5k. Painting (most likely Self-fix) $2k. 'Cos very, very rushed painting job required...my fault...last minute decision to paint...

More pictures!:sport-smiley-004:

The lovely kitchen from another angle

th_14544_P1000112_122_1040lo.jpg

The boys' toilet with Carlyle toilet bowl and sink installed, Ikea mirror

th_14546_P1000107_122_443lo.jpg

The master bathroom, with the kerbless shower area :unsure:

th_14548_P1000113_122_441lo.jpgth_14555_P1000115_122_652lo.jpg

Dunno why the master bathroom looks a little too simple and empty...maybe some pictures will improve the look. Sigh, turns out that Mr. Lim's price for a bathroom granite countertop cum cabinet is very reasonable...am just kicking myself for buying the bathroom cabinet even before engaging him.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yo Homeowner, u should have got urself a bath tub. Ur MBR toilet so big :sport-smiley-004: Maybe ur MBR toilet looks empty coz u dun have toilet accessories like towel rack la, the mirror area dun have any shelfing etc... Or u can put a pot of plant or something to liven up the toilet :unsure:

Hi FSP. Thanks for visiting. Hubby didn't want a bathtub...yah, maybe it lacks toilet accessories...we haven't bought any 'cos we didn't know what we need. Seller left us some, but we threw away the stainless steel bars/holder 'cos they were bulky...now we've a lot of glass shelves without any holder. Dunno what to do with them...8|

A picture of some flowers in silver frame above the W.C. would warm up the place...or maybe I should just leave it looking simple and utilitarian 'cos it's bad fengshui to have an over-decorated bathroom...Maybe after all our tubes and bottles are inside, it'll have the usual messy lived-in look of most bathrooms...8|

Edited by Homeowner

Hi FSP. Thanks for visiting. Hubby didn't want a bathtub...yah, maybe it lacks toilet accessories...we haven't bought any 'cos we didn't know what we need. Seller left us some, but we threw away the stainless steel bars/holder 'cos they were bulky...now we've a lot of glass shelves without any holder. Dunno what to do with them...:(

A picture of some flowers in silver frame above the W.C. would warm up the place...or maybe I should just leave it looking simple and utilitarian 'cos it's bad fengshui to have an over-decorated bathroom...Maybe after all our tubes and bottles are inside, it'll have the usual messy lived-in look of most bathrooms...:P

flowers sound good, or maybe plants?? :)

Like your MBR colour also.. look cosy.. :P

Extensive reno, Mace?

no money lor...just 20k but did lots of things for 20k.

furnitures, appliances...not included.... :(

Hi homeowner, ur place looking good! :P

well, its like that.. once u like something just tend to spend more.. $$ just fly.. dont worry ur place turn out well..

finishing soon right?

like ur kitchen very much :(

Thanks, everyone. Reno. finished and contractor cleared out yonks ago...now waiting for Self-fix to come in on Friday and paint the whole place up with Nippon waterbased sealer and Nippon Odourless 3 in 1 Chalk. They'll also help me paint the damaged brick wall.

Mace, aren't you bringing over your old stuff? $20k, huh? Mine was also thereabout, but when the reno. starts...you have to add and add...or else the place just look half done :good:. E.g. we wanted to reuse the electricals and doors but after the reno., they look really out of place next to the spanking new tiles...luckily, the contractor took pity on me and gave me a very good price for the doors. Love the doors he did up. :P Same for the electricals....in the end have to change all the switches... Probably thanks to the town council cleaners who cleared the furniture leftover for us, we have to revarnish the main door. Thanks to the air-con guys, we have to repaint the whole flat. Thanks to all the beautiful wardrobe pictures at renotalk, we opted for nice wardrobes... Reno. costs climb higher and higher like the rental market...

Thanks, everyone. Reno. finished and contractor cleared out yonks ago...now waiting for Self-fix to come in on Friday and paint the whole place up with Nippon waterbased sealer and Nippon Odourless 3 in 1 Chalk. They'll also help me paint the damaged brick wall.

Mace, aren't you bringing over your old stuff? $20k, huh? Mine was also thereabout, but when the reno. starts...you have to add and add...or else the place just look half done !!. E.g. we wanted to reuse the electricals and doors but after the reno., they look really out of place next to the spanking new tiles...luckily, the contractor took pity on me and gave me a very good price for the doors. Love the doors he did up. :sport-smiley-004: Same for the electricals....in the end have to change all the switches... Probably thanks to the town council cleaners who cleared the furniture leftover for us, we have to revarnish the main door. Thanks to the air-con guys, we have to repaint the whole flat. Thanks to all the beautiful wardrobe pictures at renotalk, we opted for nice wardrobes... Reno. costs climb higher and higher like the rental market...

congrats! so your reno is done too! your kitchen looks nice and cosy. i like the way your master bedroom toilet looks. it's spacious... :~

Mace, aren't you bringing over your old stuff? $20k, huh? Mine was also thereabout, but when the reno. starts...you have to add and add...or else the place just look half done

not much old stuffs to bring over....but buying all 2ndhand furnitures.

Electrical apps all new though.

no money want to ADD also cannot mah..hehe :dancingqueen:

congrats! so your reno is done too! your kitchen looks nice and cosy. i like the way your master bedroom toilet looks. it's spacious... :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks! I think it looks spacious because of the frameless, kerbless glass shower screen. Looks like there are just a W.C. and a basin cabinet inside. Just left painting, wardrobes, cleaning, moving..:notti:

congratz Homeowner. when will be ur offical move in?

Thanks! Targetted move-in next Thursday.

not much old stuffs to bring over....but buying all 2ndhand furnitures.

Electrical apps all new though.

no money want to ADD also cannot mah..hehe :sport-smiley-004:

Any lobang for nice 2nd hand furniture in good condition? Electricals better not buy 2nd hand, no warranty.

$$$, we squeezed and squeezed until we're blue. :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by Homeowner

hi homeowner. i love ur MBR bathroom tiles. care to share where u bought it from and the pricing ? can pm me also. thanks ! :sport-smiley-018:

Any lobang for nice 2nd hand furniture in good condition? Electricals better not buy 2nd hand, no warranty.

$$$, we squeezed and squeezed until we're blue. :sport-smiley-018:

nono, electricals cannot buy used.

me always searching under yahoo or ebay for 2ndhand furnitures....so far, not bad got some great deals.

me more into chinese furnitures.

hi homeowner. i love ur MBR bathroom tiles. care to share where u bought it from and the pricing ? can pm me also. thanks ! :sport-smiley-003:

Thanks! All tiles are from Sim Boon Huat, Jurong East (near IMM). MBR bathroom wall tiles (Creta Capuccino, marble effect, 33.3 x 45), Spanish origin, $3 psf before GST. MBR bathroom floor tiles (HTL03, running tone & pattern, 30x30), $2.80ppc.

Hi Homeowner,

i'm also looking for shops to buy the window catch. can i know which contractor quoted u? thanks

Yah, if you clink on the picture, you can see that the wavy lines on the tiles are very nicely aligned in the close-up. :sport-smiley-003: Think the contractor and his workers have put in effort in their work and the effort shows. I'm really pleased and relieved that my trust is not misplaced 'cos I can't go down so often to check.

Bought the stainless steel rubbish chute ($95 from Poh Joo) and an anti-cockcroach valve for the floor traps - 2 types: $3 Snow one from Poh Joo and $1.58 Norika one from a pipe supplier at Kitchener road, near the mutton stall - yesterday. Forgot to take pictures 8|.

Does anyone know where I can buy the window catch from? I have a quote from a contractor from the HDB website who quoted me $5 per piece. But, I was wondering if I can get them cheaper from a supplier.

th_87127_P1000038a_122_328lo.jpg