Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

nono, electricals cannot buy used.

me always searching under yahoo or ebay for 2ndhand furnitures....so far, not bad got some great deals.

me more into chinese furnitures.

Yahoo or ebay, huh? Thanks!

So interesting to find someone into chinese furniture :sport-smiley-003:...I used to like Chinesey stuff, had the 2 2ft Chinese vase lamps for my wedding...but taste changed, now I prefer simple, contemporary furniture...even the naytoh dining set that we bought now seems a bit too country.

Hi Homeowner,

i'm also looking for shops to buy the window catch. can i know which contractor quoted u? thanks

Hi, got all my window alumimium catches at Kin Siang Hardware store, Blk 30, Kelantan Road, #01-99, $3.70 per piece with lock. The sliding door catches are $10 or $11 per piece. Dunno if they are the cheapest but they are at least cheaper than the contractor's. Hubby says he'll change himself...if he fails, we'll get the contractor in at $40 for labour costs.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi, got all my window alumimium catches at Kin Siang Hardware store, Blk 30, Kelantan Road, #01-99, $3.70 per piece with lock. The sliding door catches are $10 or $11 per piece. Dunno if they are the cheapest but they are at least cheaper than the contractor's. Hubby says he'll change himself...if he fails, we'll get the contractor in at $40 for labour costs.

Thanks alot! My bf wants to change all the windows becos the catch is rusty, and some handles are loose. I hope can find the catch and handle for our windows. then can save some $$$.

Think shd not be too difficult to change ba. let the hubby learn, then he can be the repairman for the house. :thumbs up:

Thanks alot! My bf wants to change all the windows becos the catch is rusty, and some handles are loose. I hope can find the catch and handle for our windows. then can save some $$$.

Think shd not be too difficult to change ba. let the hubby learn, then he can be the repairman for the house. :thumbs up:

you might need:

1) a drill

2) a riveter

if all the handles uses screws, then lucky lor, no need the above tools.

Homeowner, you have one of the best well thought out kitchen layout I've seen. Very often, people leave the kitchen design to the carpenter, who gives standard stuff, and it turns out that there are unusable spaces or things are not organised properly. My guess is that you love to cook and bake/roast (I spot the oven).

I am also very particular about my kitchen layout. The "triangle" is very important to me. This is such a high traffic flow every day!

I noted with interest that you opted for wood matching ABS trimming. I think I am getting a little confused with terminology. I was told that the matching trimming is actually PVC trimming. Maybe I am wrong. But like you, I do not like straight laminate edgings, which is sharp and over time, it will come off. Rounded edging makes the doors look better and is also safer when you have kids around. If it's ok, please take a picture of your cabinet door trimmings to show us. Thank you very much.

And congratulations on well designed and constructed kitchen. Cheers.

Thanks and yes, I love to cook :thumbs up:....it's a wonderful skill, very satisfying when the whole family love the food. :D

Preferred kitchen configuration comes with cooking experience. There are many areas I find inconvenient in my current kitchen :dancingqueen: e.g. bottom shelves (wah, so messy and have to take out everything to retrieve something right at the back or in the corner), wasted corners, no task lighting (so difficult to see what you're chopping at night 'cos of your own shadow), oils and bottles at the top wall shelf (might accidentally pull other bottles down when you take the oil bottle located right behind in a hurry).

Hey, if you are really particular about the kitchen, I highly recommend Mr. Lim 8| 'cos he manufactures to your design, e.g. my made to measure pantry tall cabinet, and charged me a reasonable price ('cos own factory/ workers).

Yes, the ABS trimming is PVC trimming...nowadays, there are these come in many designs, colours and thickness. I just got a similar woodgrain design as my laminate. 2mm, but the finished doors look okay. Will take a picture of the ABS trimming and my task light when I go down today (to check the painting and the clear the remaining rubbish).

Currently, am busy packing...aiyoh, so many things to pack!:bleah:

Okay, here's a close-up of a drawer with ABS trimming on the drawer front and Ikea cutlery tray inside. Oops, the handle is a little dirty! :sport-smiley-004:

th_79758_P1000116_122_1158lo.jpg

A close-up of the ABS trimming from the front. Was fortunate to find a very matching ABS trimming, that's why it doesn't look too bad even though it is 2mm thick.

th_79763_P1000119_122_1133lo.jpg

This is my task light next to sink over the food preparation area. It hides behind the pelmet under the top wall cabinet. Task light from Nan Wah. Sorry, the picture's a little blur.

th_79769_P1000122_122_492lo.jpg

The effect when the task light is turned on.

th_79774_P1000123_122_369lo.jpg

The painting by Self-fix completed within 2 and a half days...no complaints so far... :sport-smiley-004: Today, Seng Kwong coming to install the wardrobes.

Think the kitchen toilet is the nicest toilet in the flat. As planned, as this is the only toilet that all the guests will see and use. :dancingqueen: Few people go upstairs to the bedrooms.

th_80991_P1000126_122_367lo.jpg

Seng Kwong installers touched up the paint and cleaned up the place and wardrobe after installing the wardrobes. :( Really appreciate their service. Really like the wardrobe interior too. :( Sorry, forgot to bring the camera. They also complimented the kitchen carpentry...I really pleased 'cos a compliment from an industry insider carries certain weight zz.

Cleaning and polishing today. Moving in on Thurs! :sport-smiley-004:

Wah u very fast leg fast hand hor :P Today polish & clean, thursday move in liao! I still have phobia moving my PC from my dad's home to new home even thou my dad's home is only 3 storeys above my new home :P So many cables :jawdrop: