Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
si_pitung

The Utilitarian Reno.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The shower screen was my contractor's contact, easier for the contractor to co-ordinate. Before I engaged the contractor, I did contact a few through the yellow pages about the custom made glass shower screen:

1. Goh & Keng Pte Ltd, Tel: 6344 1111

2. Kendon Industries (SEA) Pte Ltd, Tel 6344 8388

3. Ozscreen (S) Pte Ltd, Tel: 6776 9339

4. Lyndec Designs, Tel: 6344 3311

I remember distinctly that Poh Joo (391 Jalan Besar) had 1 framed plastic shower on display. Besides Poh Joo, Sim Siang Choon and Nan Wah (both in Changi) also have a few ready made framed shower screens. But, I'm not sure about their prices and quality.

Hope this helps. :P

Thanks, yellow. Thanks for visiting, too.

We paid $3k for both wardrobes. We got a slight discount 'cos one of the sales person misquoted and Seng Kwong honoured the deal. :D Think it was about $1.2k for the study room 8 ft shell (sliding doors plus gypsum board sides and top, no shelves inside) and $1.8 for for the bedroom wardrobe (shell + shelves and 2 drawers). We don't regret getting them, although to be really honest, the designer is a little bit absent minded. We really like the installers. They were very professional e.g. they cleaned up after installing and the workmanship is good. Besides the 15 year warranty, the other good thing about the wardrobes is that they can be dismantled and moved to your new place by Seng Kwong for a fee of "one to two hundred". Hope this helps.

Thanks, Lifestyle. :D

Wow..I like the dismantle part. Very flexible...if I sell my house, I try to move as much things as possible...heheheh..will check it out with them. Just hope it will not bust my budget. Thanks!

Yah, me too. That's why we decided on the Seng Kwong wardrobes over my contractor's built-in wardrobes with normal casement doors despite his attractive pricing and excellent workmanship.

Yah, me too. That's why we decided on the Seng Kwong wardrobes over my contractor's built-in wardrobes with normal casement doors despite his attractive pricing and excellent workmanship.

hi homeowner!

i cant imagine how u managed to source n coordinate all the stuff yrself! n design some more...yr kitchen really v impressive leh! the black granite top and colour scheme is wowww :)

i like yr idea on the wardrobes as well. can i hv the address n contact no of Seng Kwong. Thks!

Hi rebtang,

Thanks. I was really lucky to get my contractor contact through andrew. :yamseng: Have you contacted the contractor yet? I really think you should give him a shot. I have absolutely no regrets. :deal:

I'm not super though...Guilty of neglect during those months. :yamseng: Trying to make up now and get my piorities right; but weaning myself off the forums takes time.. :)

Anyway, address and contact of Seng Kwong:

2 & 4 Defu Lane 5, Tel: 62820106

Good luck! :good:

Hi rebtang,

Thanks. I was really lucky to get my contractor contact through andrew. :) Have you contacted the contractor yet? I really think you should give him a shot. I have absolutely no regrets. :)

I'm not super though...Guilty of neglect during those months. 8| Trying to make up now and get my piorities right; but weaning myself off the forums takes time.. :dunno:

Anyway, address and contact of Seng Kwong:

2 & 4 Defu Lane 5, Tel: 62820106

Good luck! :yamseng:

Hi homeowner,

Oh yah, i contacted him a wk ago. He happened to be free and his office was nearby, so we made arrangements to meet in the seller's hse. But its quite difficult to get a breakdown quotation from him, he's been very busy since and gave me a lumpsum range of figures (got such thg???) which we find quite x actually (abt 1-2k difference fr other contractors). Anyway we wanted to give it a try, but he keep delay giving us the detailed quotation. I told him we really cant wait anymore. Moreover i told him our tight deadlines and he hasnt committed yet. Sighhh...

Seng Kwong is another one...probably even more x. They say will immediately email us the very nite we met. Haiz now oso no news. I oso fed up keep chasing all these ppl for quotation

Thks for stil being around to give advice!! hehe

Do take care :)

Yah, Mr. Lim also gave me a lump sum range of figures. :) He's a very traditional Phua Chu Kang.

But, andrew and I thought that as long as the lump sums (total) are reasonable compared with others, it's okay. The amounts in the "contract" I did up for him to sign are lump sums too, with the job scope details attached behind.

oh ic. haha i kept chasing him for detailed quotation some more. anyway finally decided he's too expensive for us as there is another recommended contractor with much lower quotation within our tight budget.

thks for answering all my queries! do keep in touch heee :bangwall:

Hi Homeowner,

Really envy your nice and big kitchen!! doubt I'd have the space to make such a kitchen...haiz...my kitchen bery small.

Do you mind PM me your contractors contact? :P Thanks in advance.

:( yeah one thing about contractor, they are more straight to the point...

good luck.. happy searching..

if ID make sure they give u the type of materials and breakdown for tiles - psf,

carpentry works - how many ft , what type of solidtop, wood material,

list goes on :dunno:

Did you engage painting services? From where? how much does it cost to paint whole house? 4 colors + 1 white? how about if i wish to paint another color for celing instead of white? my id quoted me $1350 for 4 color plus 1 additional color (nt white) for ceiling.

I engaged Self-fix. Mine was $2200, including sealer. I'm not pleased with them at the moment 'cos the paint peeled off the second time and they've been tardy with their reply.

I engaged Self-fix. Mine was $2200, including sealer. I'm not pleased with them at the moment 'cos the paint peeled off the second time and they've been tardy with their reply.

Hi,

Can you PM me your contractor's details?

THAnKS LOTS~!

:D