Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrsfelicialee

Home Is Where The Heart Is - Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there, just wondering if you need to do lots of coordination for your reno? I am also looking at engaging them but not too sure if it require lots of intervention from us. Thanks!

Hi there, very nice hse design n I am following your tblog process to prepare for our new hse. Can you pm me J & E contacts and your Reno quotation? Thanks

Hi there, just wondering if you need to do lots of coordination for your reno? I am also looking at engaging them but not too sure if it require lots of intervention from us. Thanks!

Hi shiwei71

A little coordination works are required. Cause they are contractors, not much of an ID. But E will give a project timeline at the start of renovation.

So I follow the schedule and ensure that stuffs (eg, toilet accessories, kitchen hob & hood, water heater etc )arrived before the installation date.

I heard from their site supervisor that currently they have quite a number of projects on their hands. Works can be a little slow but it's fine with us as we are not in a hurry to move in.

Hi, I'm curiously following your renovation journey and I'm happy that you have found good contractors to help you realise your dream home. I'm looking at engaging them as well, could you kindly PM their contacts to me? Thanks!

1 June - 9 June (Progress)

Seems that our renovation is a bit behind schedule.. till date, window grills are not up yet and we are not sure when too? Didn't have the chance to check with Mr J & E as I know that they are pretty busy with other projects. Since I'm not in a hurry so I didn't chase after them.. *quite slack*

Changed the HDB Main Door closer cause it's very irritating that the door is unable to open and stay at 90 degrees and I will have to use chairs and door stopper to hold the door.

So Uniarm come to my rescue!!!

17749115864_29e6f77e8b_c.jpg

18373319111_0979acd7ef_c.jpg

18663323032_8010c85acc_c.jpg

Finally we decided on the water heater and got it install recently. Couldn't really decide whether to install storage / instant water heater.

So we decide that we do not want all these:

1. No more than 10 mins of waiting time for water to heat up

2. Dun wan ugly electrical lines in the toilet.

3. Do no want to install 1 water heater for common toilet & MBR toilet.

So we thought why not Benington Multi point Water Heater. It seems like multipoint water heater is like a hybrid of storage and instant water heater. Now we have hot water in both toilets and sink too.

18481886609_a30fd81873_z.jpg

In case you wonder, I did not get Mr J & E to route another hot water piping for kitchen as I don't think I will require it.

After a longest time.. Mr J's worker help me to patch up and box up the ventilation vent that is facing the kitchen.

18481879759_fe438380a2_z.jpg

This week is a delivery week... most of our furniture and taobao stuffs has arrived. As mention earlier on that our renovations are a little behind schedule so we are kinda of worry that with all the furniture around, J&E's workers will have a tough time when they are about to do the acid wash.

Hope all will turn out fine.

Things that we bought & delivered!

1. Lighting bought from Taobao.

18670281271_85034ca87f.jpg

2. Scanteak TV Console

18686686662_9b7ceeea4d.jpg

3. Standing Fan

18505297749_b59a6c6f14_o.gif

After reading some of the fellow T-bloggers here, I'm very tempted to venture my online purchase to Amazon!!

So these are the stuffs that I've cart out from Amazon

simplehuman Wall Mount Grocery Bag Dispenser

18505432579_484c240c3c_o.jpg

Sponge Cabby

18665318696_aaaae23db0_o.jpg

Umbra Clipline Picture Frame

18691643425_09a90dd605_o.jpg

Hi Felicia,

Do you mind sharing your contractor's quote?

I'm getting my keys soon and keen to know the cost of laying tiles.

Thanks!

Progress Week (10 Jun - 16 Jun)

This week progress seems quite fast. Carpentry works are up already and lighting has been installed in all 3 bedrooms, passageway and bomb shelter.

Didn't have much pictures to show as J&E workers are doing their works so didn't want to block their way so I just quickly take a few snaps.

Most likely we are going to drop by again at night to check out the lighting and other stuffs.

Kitchen - Cabinet

18844270142_fe17c6b9cc_c.jpg

Previously our breakfast counter partition is up and my hub wants it to be cement screed to match the over all feel. But because of the material, J&E is unable to cement screed so we decided to go with the easy way.

Nippon Momento Special Effect Paint

18858804971_b6ebe753d2_z.jpg

Shoe Rack

Doors are not up yet when I was taking this picture... Happy to see many shelving to house my shoes!! ^_^v

18661725120_5a488d7437_z.jpg

Master Bedroom

18669906509_f193f49c4f_z.jpg