Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrsfelicialee

Home Is Where The Heart Is - Reno Journey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Ikea Furniture ~ What We Bought ~

As mention in one of my earlier post that we purchase some furniture from Ikea.. tat their assemble team refuse to fixed up for me when they realized that my place undergoing renovation.

Anyway I have gotta my refund back after much ding dong... :bleah:

So here are some of the items that we bought.

Bed Frame

19510463872_703f2c7873.jpg

* To all future home owners out there, if you would like to purchase IKEA bed frame... do note that their mattress comes in funky size. 150cm x 200cm whereas ASEAN mattress (queen size) is 152cm x 190cm. Which means... we have to either purchase IKEA mattress or customize our mattress. The later will easily incurred another at least 15 - 25% on top of the mattress retail price.

We were totally not aware of this until we went mattress shopping and told the SA that our bed frame is from IKEA and then realize the size difference. HAIZ... :huh:

So there goes my dream of purchasing a Serta mattress and because of this issue, hub agree to change to a better bed set in 3 years times. So no choice, we end up with a customize mattress that is suitable to us in terms of comfort level and budget too..

Was pretty depressed that I have to resign myself to IKEA's bedsheets.. luckily I came across these in TB!!

18895638354_b8db75179a.jpg

19492030506_1b2a6b74b7_o.jpg

Looking forward to received them! :notti:

Bed side Table

19329164558_5d82d0b353.jpg

Toddler's wardrobe

19491005896_d4c4fe0e49.jpg

Bought the above combination for my toddler daughter.. and since we want the room to grow with her so we didn't custom made a wardrobe for her.. Hopefully this wardrobe is sturdy enough to hold all her clothing! :dribble:

Edited by mrsfelicialee

Hi can PM me the cost of your craft brick wall? And the name of the laminate u use for your shoe cabinet? Thanks! Love the Scandinavia feel! Btw is the wall difficult to maintain?

Hi can PM me the cost of your craft brick wall? And the name of the laminate u use for your shoe cabinet? Thanks! Love the Scandinavia feel! Btw is the wall difficult to maintain?

Hi there,

PM-ed you! =)

Hi Felicia

Can share the link of the trackilights from Tao Bao pls? Didn't know that track lights come with remote control too. What does the remote control do? Adjust brightness? Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Felicia

Can share the link of the trackilights from Tao Bao pls? Didn't know that track lights come with remote control too. What does the remote control do? Adjust brightness? Thanks in advance! :)

Hi there,

Here's the link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=42625479976

I didn't know that it includes a remote control as well.. *Maybe my contractor add in for me* :notti:

The remote mainly is to switch on and off and we installed on both side of the wall so you can choose to switch on either side or both together.

Ikea Furniture ~ What We Bought ~

As mention in one of my earlier post that we purchase some furniture from Ikea.. tat their assemble team refuse to fixed up for me when they realized that my place undergoing renovation.

Anyway I have gotta my refund back after much ding dong... :bleah:

So here are some of the items that we bought.

Bed Frame

19510463872_703f2c7873.jpg

* To all future home owners out there, if you would like to purchase IKEA bed frame... do note that their mattress comes in funky size. 150cm x 200cm whereas ASEAN mattress (queen size) is 152cm x 190cm. Which means... we have to either purchase IKEA mattress or customize our mattress. The later will easily incurred another at least 15 - 25% on top of the mattress retail price.

We were totally not aware of this until we went mattress shopping and told the SA that our bed frame is from IKEA and then realize the size difference. HAIZ... :huh:

So there goes my dream of purchasing a Serta mattress and because of this issue, hub agree to change to a better bed set in 3 years times. So no choice, we end up with a customize mattress that is suitable to us in terms of comfort level and budget too..

Was pretty depressed that I have to resign myself to IKEA's bedsheets.. luckily I came across these in TB!!

18895638354_b8db75179a.jpg

19492030506_1b2a6b74b7_o.jpg

Looking forward to received them! :notti:

Bed side Table

19329164558_5d82d0b353.jpg

Toddler's wardrobe

19491005896_d4c4fe0e49.jpg

Bought the above combination for my toddler daughter.. and since we want the room to grow with her so we didn't custom made a wardrobe for her.. Hopefully this wardrobe is sturdy enough to hold all her clothing! :dribble:

My fourstar mattress fits perfectly into my IKEA bed frame though! haha!

Handover!!

After months of hard works from J&E and co-ordinations works from us.. our flat is finally ready for handover!

Now that my renovation has completed, we are happy to say that J&E has lived up to our expectation! All carpentry works are done with good workmanship! They even help me to fixed up all my furniture with no additional charge!

• KITCHEN

19689864230_97cc80e7bd_c.jpg

J&E did a little box up for me at the end of the chimney as the length isn't long even to flush against the ceiling

19256939213_c6983839a2_c.jpg

:P I forgotten to take a pic of the other side of the kitchen. Perhaps when the fridge has arrive and will post again.

• SHOE RACK

19689832228_fa67ce542d_c.jpg

• Breakfast Counter w Dining Table

19689832898_3d3eb73c4a_c.jpg

Super super love the dining table that I've purchased from TB! Glad that I bought the 1.2m table instead of 1.5m cause HDB 4rm is really small.

• LIVING ROOM

19691219529_394133562a_c.jpg

Our resting corner

19689833918_c65b4abd1e_z.jpg

• BEDROOMS

{Master Bedroom}

J&E workers helped me to fixed my ikea bed frame!! They even help me to secure the bed slates! :good:

Waiting for mattress delivery in early Aug!

19689834518_4ba7f84c88_z.jpg

{Study Room}

More deliveries has arrived.

Table & Chair

19255187434_5f1d15da54_z.jpg

18863471533_394f76353c_z.jpg

Ikea Shelf

19905201685_35c2c351bc.jpg

thanks for your generous sharing. your place is very nicely done up.

could you please share link for the study table? how is the workmanship and is it sturdy?