Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zio

Renovation Without Contractors Or Ids (Come In Share)

Hi everyone,

I am expecting to take keys during year end and I have a questions for those who are experienced enough to answer and share your thoughts with me.

My upcoming house is a premium BTO, which comes with flooring and bathroom accessories and tiles all done.

Therefore with this said, actually I have nothing much left to do except for painting and carpentry work.

Luckily for me, I have direct source/lobang for the following below, so therefore I can save quite abit already.

1) painting

2) carpentry work

3) electrician/electrical work

However, here is the problem. As I am poor with designs and color matching, I would still need someone who is able to design a layout in drawing and measurements for me so that I can get my sources to do their work.

Questions:

1) What are my options here ? Is there anyone in the market that draw, design, and I just have to pay him for his designs and drawings ?

2) What possible potential issues that I may encounter if I don't engage a contractor or IDs ? Perhaps those who tried this method can come in and share your problems met in the past.

I appreciate all feedbacks and comments.

Thanks all.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi there, u can look for those freelance designer to help u to do the 3d drawing and all the detail drawing for your carpenter to do work.... if u engage id or contrator is must more easy for you, they will handle everything on site for u..if u can get a reliable carpenter u no need go for id...might scared u don have experience on the carpentary work details... Some id will provide you free design n drawings, and you no need to hectic to laise with your carpenter your own..but for your case i think u no need to find a contractor or id cos not much hectic work involved.... But u must have good n experince carpenter that u can trust...

I got a home based freelance designer who help doing only design n detail drawing .... Include m&e drawing, ceiling plan, etc... He is a japanese guy... If u wan his contact u can pm me...he also will consult u on your lighting fitgure and home furniture etc.. he used to help me design some of my commercial project...

hi.

to me, the most difficult part is to have the carpenter, painting, and electrician to "work together"

example, getting new plug, this may need carpenter and electrician to work together, like the carpenter need to have some space left behind the cabinet for the wires etc.

for painting, is better to paint first before the others work start. and there is also need to do some touch up after most of the work done.

I got a home based freelance designer who help doing only design n detail drawing .... Include m&e drawing, ceiling plan, etc... He is a japanese guy... If u wan his contact u can pm me...he also will consult u on your lighting fitgure and home furniture etc.. he used to help me design some of my commercial project...

Pease give me his name and contact number. Many Thanks.
Does he understand english well ?
I can't PM you for some reason, you are not set to receive message.
Edited by Zio

hi.

to me, the most difficult part is to have the carpenter, painting, and electrician to "work together"

example, getting new plug, this may need carpenter and electrician to work together, like the carpenter need to have some space left behind the cabinet for the wires etc.

for painting, is better to paint first before the others work start. and there is also need to do some touch up after most of the work done.

Yes, my SO and I is pondering this potential issue as well.

Hi everyone,

I am expecting to take keys during year end and I have a questions for those who are experienced enough to answer and share your thoughts with me.

My upcoming house is a premium BTO, which comes with flooring and bathroom accessories and tiles all done.

Therefore with this said, actually I have nothing much left to do except for painting and carpentry work.

Luckily for me, I have direct source/lobang for the following below, so therefore I can save quite abit already.

1) painting

2) carpentry work

3) electrician/electrical work

However, here is the problem. As I am poor with designs and color matching, I would still need someone who is able to design a layout in drawing and measurements for me so that I can get my sources to do their work.

Questions:

1) What are my options here ? Is there anyone in the market that draw, design, and I just have to pay him for his designs and drawings ?

2) What possible potential issues that I may encounter if I don't engage a contractor or IDs ? Perhaps those who tried this method can come in and share your problems met in the past.

I appreciate all feedbacks and comments.

Thanks all.

Hey man

I am a freelancer! I think I might be your guy. I do 2D drawings which includes lighting, electrical, ceiling, carpentry drawings which will aid your contractors & carpenters when they are doing up your apartment! Rates wise we can always negotiate. I can't seem to send out or receive pm and I am not sure if posting my email here is breaking any rules or anything? Do let me know if you are interested!

back to your point, base on my experience, it is always better to have a main contractor who lias with everyone, a so called project manager. This way, a lot of misunderstandings can be avoided, as mentioned by crystalkong earlier.

Hey man

I am a freelancer! I think I might be your guy. I do 2D drawings which includes lighting, electrical, ceiling, carpentry drawings which will aid your contractors & carpenters when they are doing up your apartment! Rates wise we can always negotiate. I can't seem to send out or receive pm and I am not sure if posting my email here is breaking any rules or anything? Do let me know if you are interested!

back to your point, base on my experience, it is always better to have a main contractor who lias with everyone, a so called project manager. This way, a lot of misunderstandings can be avoided, as mentioned by crystalkong earlier.

Hi eyemo,

mind leaving your contact here, I cant PM you as well.

Dont know is it to do with you guys posts count limitation.

Hi eyemo,

mind leaving your contact here, I cant PM you as well.

Dont know is it to do with you guys posts count limitation.

Hi Zio

Yes sure! Please email me at joeyong.wj@gmail.com

Yea, that's my first guess as well. Oh well!

Looking forward to hearing from you! (:

Guest Jet Looi

Hi Zio,

My advise to you is to set a budget and get an ID settle all your works within your budget!

Reason:-

1) Safe all the hassle like meet every contractor at your new flat

2) Direct contractor doesn't mean will cheaper then ID firm because there was price different to direct owner or interior firm from contractor

Hope this helps! Cheers!

Jet

Hi all

I'm facing the same prob! Plan to knock the entire house down and reno, but don't have any design ideas etc. If we engage a free Lance designer to draw and a contractor to coordinate things, is it equivalent to getting an ID?

Hi all

I'm facing the same prob! Plan to knock the entire house down and reno, but don't have any design ideas etc. If we engage a free Lance designer to draw and a contractor to coordinate things, is it equivalent to getting an ID?

Hi, may i have the contact of the freelance designer as well? thanks!

My advice..... as someone said above ..... the most difficult part is to have the carpenter, painting, and electrician to "work together" !! The second most difficult part will be to work out what design you want.

You could just spend a lot of time looking at other people's photos on this forum and pinterest, and then ask your contractors to copy these exactly, Another idea would be to visit a few ID, and ask them what they would do. Then, through doing this, if you find an ID with a good price that you like, you could make it easier on yourself and choose to engage them. Otherwise, you could just take their ideas, and then envision what you what and tell your contractors.

Personally I think the freelance designer / 3D drawings can be a waste of money. If you're on a tight budget, the best thing is if you get exact photos of something you want (eg a built in cupboard, the kitchen colours, etc) and then ask a contractor to do it.