Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
eyeletskirt

The Love For Shoes & Swords In Our Crib @ Anchorvale

Finally starting a T-Blog here with my free time! :D

This post is over-due because I collected my keys 6 months ago, our first house at Anchorvale (5 Room) after getting married in May last year.

IMG_3899_zps2d2b4008.jpg
IMG_3963_zpscc673e33.jpg

The bare, clean and white area that we spammed lots of pictures before the commencement of all the renovation works. My fav part was the huge living room which made up for the tiny rooms.

IMG_3917_zps9b906210.jpg

IMG_3958_zps2fea64c6.jpg
Edited by eyeletskirt

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just some of the inspiration pictures that have been flooding my phone/computer.

Thankfully, my hubby and my ideas are all in sync so there are minimal arguments in terms of theme. Being our first home, it has to be exactly the way we want it and also to complement our lifestyles. We started discussing on the house in the first half of the year for a clearer idea, never too early to start. Realised that what is nice online or in magazines doesn't mean the best if it does not suit both of us. This goes the same for the selection of ID, cheap doesn't mean good.

For both of us, we are both obsessed with the clean and white look for a visually-wider crib and then combining it with woody and rustic furniture for a cosy feel. Nothing too fanciful and leaned more towards the Scandinavian vibes. And of course, a walking wardrobe to feed my addiction haha!

IMG_5261PNG_zps6b7e22c0.jpg

Doubt we will have such big a space for the room but hopefully it will be sufficient!

IMG_0781PNG_zpsde05536d.jpg

Edited by eyeletskirt

Kitchen bar counter with pendant lights

IMG_3851PNG_zps4d3da8f3.jpg

Love the Kompacplus table top

IMG_1026_zpse2f90fe7.jpg

Clean, white space.

minimalisti_com_architecture_interior-de

White & gold walking wardrobe.

IMG_5253PNG_zpsc37742b2.jpg

Mixture of pastels with white and some blacks.

IMG_4878_zps86d2ba14.jpg

Credits to the respective owners from Pinterest.

5 ROOM FLAT LAY-OUT

At 112 sqft. Our main door leads to the living room which we loved for its huge size (perfect for big group of friends). However, the rooms were really TINY and disappointment was an understatement when we saw our main bedroom. It's at a right angle degree so the space felt really congested even before placing our main bed and wardrobe.

Fullscreen%20capture%20262015%20103759%2

Prior to collecting keys, we spent a few months trying to source for the right contractor/id to do it for us. We visited expo fairs, flipped through magazines and contacted these five firms below. Of course there were some who didn't reply or show interest so they were excluded from our list to consider. For us, we needed someone who can digest what we are saying and give us what we want with open communication. Something that fits our lifestyles and not just propose because it's trending or looks nice in magazines. Of course, signing on that dotted line should not burst our budget too much as well.

These are the general ideas that we conveyed to all the firms via emails:-

Fullscreen%20capture%20262015%20102438%2

1) Style

- Scandinavian theme

- Clean lines, modern, complemented with rustic wood laminates

2) Living Room

- With an elevated platform and if possible, a separate cosy corner to chill. Possible for a Settee?

- Brick Wall across one side of our living room

- No L Box nor False Ceiling

- Black track lights with black haiku fan **** room area

- Dining Table has been purchased - about 1.8m with 4 chairs + 1 bench

- Sofa has been purchased - looking at about 3-3.2m if possible

3) Shoe & Sword Cabinet

- Need a huge shoe cabinet (minimum 100 pairs) to merge with living area

- Display case for swords, shields (depth and length TBC)

4) Kitchen

- Okay with open concept but how to solve the smell issue?

- Island top linking to main dining room

- Wood carpentry for the cabinets to complement the living room

- We do mainly light cooking

- To cover all the green tiles

5) Toilets

- Over-lay wall and tiles of MBR to make it as cosy as possible.

- Replace all toilet bowls and sinks

- Basic capentry

- First toilet keep it minimal

6) Bedroom / WIW

- Overlay the entire area's flooring with wood

- Hack one room to combine both into one

- New door needed to divide both rooms

- To maximise WIW as much as possible to fit in more clothes

- One separate bag corner required

- Queen size bed purchased

That was the best we could express in our own words from a noob perspective. The feedback I got from the firms were that the sword & shoe cabinets were a pretty challenging one. We were pretty clear of what we wanted since we started the process many months back but there were so many things we didn't thought of. Now looking back, we are just glad the house layout didn't turned out exactly the same as our initial power point layout plan!

Initially, we were open to contractors as we heard that it would save us some bucks which could be spent on furniture. However, most of those that we hunted down said they didn't had confidence in delivering what we want. The initial quotes received were very close to what we got from the ID firms as well. Cost-savings, it really depends I guess. Since it was not significant, we decided to opt for an ID who could manage the whole renovation as both of us were up to our necks with our jobs. Another consideration was our lack of experience in this aspect and thus, an ID felt like a safer choice to save us some time. In the event if anything was to crop up, he/she would be liable and not us. However, we ended up realising that is not necessary the case - you can never throw everything to your ID. It is important for home-owners to supervise the project and to read up diligently as well!

We could probably hunt for say 10 ids/contractors before making our choice. However, the whole process was pretty tedious - having to email, whataps, scrutinize every item, 1st meet-up, waiting revised quote, 2nd meet up again. There can never be the perfect one that fits your bill entirely and thus, we decided to follow our hearts after 2-3 months to make the final call.

These are the top FIVE firms we have short-listed:-

1) Atelier Concept ($30k)

We met them at a expo fair and exchanged contacts. Elaine was friendly and followed up via smses/emails in the next few days. Afterwhich, we went to their office at Ubi for a meeting with Elaine & Glen. They were polite and sounded rather sincere. Glen then shared with us their proposed layout accordingly to what we shared via email previously.

As their quote was the only one that was below our budget, we proceeded to follow-up for a second meeting after discussing what to include/exclude. In the end, we didn't pick them as honestly, the proposed ideas didn't excite us a single bit even though they address our basic needs. Rapport level was so-so as well.

2) Ora.nge Cu.be* ($65k)

One of the highest quotes that we got from this firm we met at Expo. After googling, we realised they are pretty well-known but doesn't come cheap.

We met them again during the second meeting and Kayson showed us all the proposed materials for our house. As we concluded that this is way over our budget and that we could not relate to some of the designs, we decided to pass on this firm.

3) DE Style Interior ($60k)

Another firm that we met at Expo. We were not very interested but decided to follow up with Esther after she contacted us a few times. She was sincere but slightly too pushy for our likings.

Eventually, we met her for two times at her firm. Their ideas didn't really relate to us and I recalled her persuading us to opt for the brick wallpaper to save some cost just to match our budget. We were not very convinced even though she was very friendly to us.

4) I-Chapter Pte Ltd ($48k) *chosen*

(Ivan can be contacted at 9003 8283.)

After two months of endless discussions, we were almost going to settle for 1) out of laziness since it seemed like the better (& convenient) options out there.

However, one of my friends introduced me her ID, Ivan who was the Managing Director of I-Chapter. We decided to just meet him to hear what he had to say. Surprisingly, he proposed some really good ideas that settled some of our issues (where to place the WIW door in our MBR, kitchen layout, TV placement in our living room). After hearing us out, he made some changes to the items and met us for a second time to clear our doubts.

What we liked about him was his confidence, cheerfulness and our instant rapport (very important). Thus, we decided to award the project to Ivan on our third meeting.

(I will not be forwarding any private quotations to be fair to our ID as the pricing greatly depends on the measurement/material/scope of works for individual flats)

5) Space Sense

A popular firm that we found online with a forte for industrial themes especially. We were keen to explore with them. Unfortunately, we didn't get any replies after two emails + a phone-call and decided to move on. Perhaps it was due to the busy season with all the new flat-owners collecting their keys!

Edited by eyeletskirt

HOUSE-INSPECTION

We were lucky that there were minimal defects (most can be over-looked) so that we can proceed with renovations works immediately. Phew.

1) Check-list of Items to bring on Open Door Day

- Roll pineapple - for wealth and prosperity (We made a mistake of leaving it TOO long inside till there were disgusting mould spouting eeks)

- Some throw mixed rice, sale, green beans, tea leaves - it depends on you)

- Boil water in new kettle on stove.

- Bring a screwdriver to open water supply

- Bring padlocks and a bicycle chain to lock the doors so that your contractor/id can access w/o a key

- Rags / Tissues

2) List of things to check

- Make sure that all the keys are working

- Switch on all the lights

- Flush the toilets and take note of signs of cracks/rust

- Use a hamper to check for hollow tiles, walls.

- Look out for any water seepage or damage on your ceiling and check the paint

- Open and close your door and windows to check if they are working, as well as window rubbing linings

- Test all electrical points with your phone charger

- Measuring tape to measure prior to purchase furniture (we made this mistake!)

- Check all sinks and drainages to make sure that the water is clear without any fishy smell

DESIGN

Subsequently, we spent close to 3 weeks with I-Chapter pouring over drawings, materials, capentry designs (lots of it). I must say it's one of my favourite part of the process because you get to decide every single thing. Like playing a cyber-world house game, just that this time round it's a real house which exists!

These were the final ideas proposed by our ID:-

Kitchen

IMG_5255_zpsqzc75qeu.jpg

IMG_5256_zpsaesn36rm.jpg

- Divided into wet (stove, sink, hood etc) & dry (island counter, fridge, dry food etc)

- Black coloured glass backing on wall behind stove

- Black aluminium door in between to divide both

- Island top (kompacplus) - 6 fts

- We didn't quite like granite for its bulkiness and thus, our ID introduced us the Kompacplus material which was fuss-free, water-proof, flame-resistant and resilient. Brownie points for the sleekness especially when placed on table-tops. We selected 10.60 for the entire kitchen table-top which will extend all the way to the island.

IMG_5274_zpsoeclv8kj.jpg

Fullscreen%20capture%209302014%20112634%

Living Room-

- Shoe wardrobe - full height laminated with colour polygen for interior (8 ft)

- Left: Whole stretch of white brick wall (160 sqft) from Craftsbrick

IMG_5258_zps7e30995b.jpg

- Right: Sword display showcase on the right with laminated display + glass shelving + colour polygen for interior (10 ft)

- Middle: TV with laminated feature wall (360 degrees rotating mechanism)

- Low height TV console in laminated finish below TV

- Tea-tinted mirror finishing along dry kitchen area to complement the shoe wardrobe

- Pearl white for all the walls in our living room

IMG_5262_zpsaffad70b.jpg

MBR:-

- Hacking works required to merge second room into the first

- Creation of new door at the side

- Shift the main door backwards

- Carpentry works (suspended cabinet)

- Feature wall for TV (opposite the queen sized bed)

- 2 laminated side tables at MBR beside the bed

- Study desk at MBR (computer usage)

(After renovation: Added in feature wall at MBR air-con ledge using partition box to hide the trunking)

WIW:-

- Initial concept was black but I insisted on changing it to white and gold to maximise the space

- Open-concept wardrobe (3 columns)

- Huge mirror inner partitions beneath

- White & gold door to be at a 45 degrees

- Bag cabinet with white laminates

- Vanity area with plenty of compartments for accessories & skincare products

IMG_5257_zpsqp86r5bh.jpg

MBR TOILET:-

- Overlay of homogeneous tiles over existing floor & wall

- Carpentry works for toilet cabinets below sink

- Dismantle & Install back new toilet accessories for both toilets

OTHERS:-

- Tic-tac feature wall along bomb shelter

Initial drawings:-

I'm glad the pictures are not true to actual pictures in the end! Pictures are often deceiving as well because the area depicted often looked so much BIGGER than your actual house. Still, it's good to have to have a slight idea of how your house will look like.

We made quite abit of changes which were not captured in the pictures:-

Living Room

- black fan to replace the track lights above the sofa area

- please ignore the spider lights for dining area haha!

- darker laminates for rotating tv console

- full black frames for the sword showcase

Fullscreen%20capture%20262015%2023658%20

Fullscreen%20capture%20262015%2023713%20

Fullscreen%20capture%20262015%2023727%20

Wet Kitchen

- Oven to be under store

- Light laminates to replace the white laminates

Fullscreen%20capture%20262015%2023755%20

MBR

- Brickwall paper replaced by Nippon Momento Paint

- No spider lights (!!!) nor track lights

- Feature wall to cover all air-con trunkings

Fullscreen%20capture%20262015%2023741%20

WIW

- Colour scheme changed to gold and white

- No black track lights, replaced by chandelier lights (purchased from TB)

- Full carpet replaced by vinyl tiles

- Top shelves were all replaced by closed doors with gold knobs.

Fullscreen%20capture%20262015%2023642%20

Next up, the most important step after settling our design would be to get started with our purchases!

Basically, our weekends were spent shopping around expos, furniture shops and warehouses. It took us months to source around before making a decision and I kinda miss that part now. I admit that that is my favourite part especially for furnitures since I'm a shopaholic. And nothing beats shopping for YOUR OWN HOME! Online shopping (taobao, ebay, amazon, esty, urban outfitters) was one of the best sources as well for smaller items.

The most tricky part is always trying to picture if the item can fit into our house. What is nice in the store doesn't mean that it can fit into your house. Colour scheme, design, size, style and other factors to consider. The price tag too. Of course we had the help of our ID whom we will always spam pictures but the decision is still within our own hands. The efforts paid off coz we really liked what we have bought so far.

And it seems that the list is a never-ending one, we just keep adding:-

1) Furniture - sofa, coffee table, dining table bar counter tables

2) Essentials - Air-con, lightings, Haiku Fan, TVs (52" & 30"), Washing Machine, Tiles, Curtains, Window Grills

3) Toilets - For both toilets (Sink, Tap, Toilet bowl, MBR (Rain shower)

4) Kitchen - Hood, Stove, Oven, Kitchen Sink, Kitchen Tap

5) Home Deco - random displays for MBR & living area

6) Electrical Appliances - Eubiq, Nespresso Coffee Machine, Philips XXL Airfryer, Philips Bread Toaster, Slow Juicer etc

FURNITURE

1) Coffee Table & Sofa

Modern Living Furnishing Pte. Ltd.

Park Mall #03-04

9 Penang Rd Singapore 238459

+(65) 6338 8763.

Sales person: Susan (96452599)

IMG_8887_zpsae305823.jpg

IMG_0122_zpsa2sbyfmm.jpg

Settled our sofa and dining table at Modern Living, a huge store that we bumped into at Expo. The first sofa shop that we were browsing and confirmed on the spot without researching much.

The L-fabric sofa was love at first sight. The husband loved it as his long legs could rest on the entire sofa. Also, we had the flexibility to customize its exact length, height and colour.

With our huge living room area, we picked 3.2 metres. The colour was left pending till our detailed drawings from our ID were released. We eventually chose their stock picture - dark grey. Cost us $1,600 which we thought was reasonable for its size.

As for the coffee table, it was a wooden Scandinavian table with glass top that came with three chairs and one long bench. To be honest, the purchase was out of impulse which we realised (too late) that it does not fit into our house at all. As we had already placed our deposit, we tried to back out the purchase but unfortunately, the vendor was unwilling to do so. Thus, we had no choice but to proceed with the customizing and picked light maple wood. It was at a steal of $1,600 as well for its huge size and quality. Fortunately, it eventually blended into the house with the help of the other matching purchases.

2) Bar Counter chair, Coffee Table & Magazine Stand

Second Charm

Blk 21 Kallang Avenue

#05-165 Mapletree Industrial Building, 339412

We love all the vintage and scandi items on their site and thus, we proceeded to their warehouse to customize all the above items.

The same mint shade were picked for all three items despite the resistance from our ID. We wanted a pastel shade to complement the monochrome and thus, mint seemed like the only unisex and soothing colour out of the rest we have picked (lilac, peach, pastel yellow etc).

The challenging part was to sketch the items we wanted or to show them pictures that we liked from pinterest. Next up, we had to do detailed measuring before conveying the exact dimensions that we wanted for the items:-

1) Bar Counter Chair - Pencil teak legs, mint green chairs with slight backing (76 cm x 42cm)

2) Coffee Table - Mango shape, Pencil teak legs (130 cm x 75 cm x 43cm)

3) Magazine stand - Shaped like a TV box with the middle portion painted mint (45cm x 33m x 60cm)

* Colours and style have to be all consistent.

13558_zpsxigoxalg.jpg

IMG_8389_zps244312bb.jpg

IMG_8397_zps1611b296.jpg

These items turned out to be our favourite furnitures so far.

Pros: Payment is made only when the items are collected (with a nominal deposit collected). Workmanship is excellent as well. Pricing is reasonable too.

Cons: Downtime and long wait (not recommended for home owners who have a strict timeline). We waited 1-2 months for some of the items since they are customized and made from scratch. Service is average and we had to call in when there are no email replies.

Edited by eyeletskirt

3) Castlery

#01-03A, 2 Alexandra Road Singapore 159919

Chanced upon this online shop on Facebook and I made an appointment since I'm keen in several items.

Castlery%20Nellie%20Stool_zpssfaio4jt.pn

a_zpssbyy21z9.jpg

The warehouse was previously at Ubi before they shifted to Alexandra Road. Ended up buying our dining table lighting and a chair (because it's mint!).

Pros: Affordable pricing

Cons: Service was not as excellent as I have thought. Delivery timings were not very flexible and I had to trouble my neighbours to receive the items on my behalf. The light colour turned out to be in a wrong shade in the end and they had to come on a seperate day to exchange the item.

Other Scandinavian furniture shops that we visited:

Comfort Furniture

110 Eunos Avenue 7, 409573

6747 4809

(Affordable furniture although most designs can be sourced from Taobao)

Star Living Pte Ltd

Paya Lebar/ Thomson / Northstar / Toh Guan etc branches

Tel: 6365 8832

(Affordable as well but the designs didn't catch our eye)

Commune

02-51/52/53 Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard

6338 3823

(Love everything but it didn't fit into our budget).

Grafunkt

02-34 Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard

(Love everything but it didn't fit into our budget).

Changi Expo - random sale every week

IMM

Other Online shops to consider:-

Typo

(One of my favourite sites and I bought so many things!)

3littlepicks

(Household decorative stuff although most designs can be sourced from Taobao)

Hipvan

(Unique items but could be quite costly. Long waiting time too)

ESSENTIALS

1) Air-Con

Imperial Distrubtors Pte Ltd

No 1 Eunos S Avenue 8A

Singapore 409457

One of the most essential items in the house was AIR-CON due to the warm climate in Singapore. Fortunately for us, our location is pretty windy and thus, we only switched on the air-con when we are about to sleep to save some bills.

We were introduced to Tim via a friend. I highly recommended his service due to the fast and polite service and reasonable price. We paid about $3.8k for 6 units of air-cons in our house.

2) Lightings

We combed the entire Jalan Basar and Balestier areas and ended up purchasing from BL Lightings.

BL Singapore Pte Ltd

1 Jalan Basar #01-07/08

Singapore 209037
Tel: 6296 2196 (Sales person: Yang Zhao Tong)

What we bought: Kitchen lights, Toilet lights, storeroom lights

The most affordable pricing we could find for our LED lights. Service was good as well and the sales guy became friends with the hubby lol. Much better than the ones we saw at lightings.com shop. They offered to spray the borders of our kitchen lights as well which we thought was a sweet gesture.

A pity they didn't had the track lights (squarish and big kind) that we wanted.

Like Lights

3018 Bedok North St 5 #05-21

IMG_8413_zps56fc3707.jpg

Via appointment only. I was introduced to this via a good friend as she said this place specializes in vintage chic lamps and Edison bulbs.

It was a mad rush that day cabbing over after my GE training. I could not locate the unit as it was tucked above another warehouse. The search was worth it as I managed to get suitable lights for our walk-way! Pricing was about $300-$400 if I recalled correctly.

3) Floor Tiles

Hafary Private Limited

560 Balestier Road

Singapore 329876

Tel: 62501369

IMG_4677_zps1bd4ada2.jpg

IMG_1310_zpsreow3cce.jpg

We were brought here to choose our tiles together with our ID (part of the quote so we didn't have to pay directly to Hafary). That day, we managed to settle our toilet tiles & MBR overlay tiles! Not a hard process since we had our ID with us.

3) Haiku Fan

haiku-fan_zps9h0x4xdt.jpg

This was the design that we wanted from start as it was sleek and in chic black.

The hubby insisted on one as we could not have a similar model that resembles the original. We saw one that was about $900 but with the original at about $1,300, we gave in to the latter. Purchasing was a tad tough as not many shops brought this design in. In the end, we managed to buy ours at a store along Jalan Basar after a two months long wait.

Review: Works very well so far and keeps our living area cool! We have been using it everyday and there's no ticking sounds at all.

4) TVs

Both models were bought from Best Denki. We initially wanted a Samsung 3D Smart TV but was persuaded by the sales person that Sharp had even better picture quality (not sure how true).

32" Samsung Smart TV (MBR) - $599

52" 3D Sharp Smart TV (Living Room) - $1,329

Delivery were prompt and the purchase process was smooth.

4) Curtains

Exquisite Rosewood Cushion Mfg Centre

Blk 1003 Toa Payoh Industrial Park

Lorong 8

Singapore 319075

IMG_7786_zpswogjrtmc.jpg

IMG_8894_zpsea1289a1.jpg

IMG_8906_zps8174f30a.jpg

IMG_8888_zpse281eaa9.jpg

One of the key essentials in the house for a finishing touch. Even after the renovations have more or less ended, it still didn't quite feel like a home until when the curtains were all installed.

I was introduced to this curtain vendor via a friend's contact.

Areas for curtain:

1) Living area (Double layer - day curtains with sheer night curtains)

2) Second room (Emerald Green roller blinds)

3) MBR (Double layer)

4) MBR (Roller Blind for air-con ledge)

5) Walk-In Wardrobe (Cream Roller blinds)

It costs us just $1.8k for everything which was v reasonable. Highly recommended! Alvin came down to take measurements and brought along his catalogue for us to feel the fabric. The curtains were done up 1-2 weeks later as we had to arrange for the invisible grilles vendor first.

Workmanship is fabulous and we cannot be even more pleased with this.

Edited by eyeletskirt

5) Invisible Window Grilles

I contacted two vendors, Legate Enterprise and Invisys to come to my place to do a quote for the invisible window grilles. Reason for doing it up was due to safety reasons with the 6" platform area in my living area. We wanted to install them now instead of going through the hassle in future when we have kids.

Personally, I didn't like the conventional thick window grilles which made the house looked like a prison. Thus after researching, we proceeded for invisible window grilles after weighing the pros and cons online.

Legate Enterprise

7030 Ang Mo Kio Ave 5,

Northstar @ AMK #01-47,

S(569880)

Phone : 6653 7162

IMG_8899_zpsce340609.jpg

IMG_8898_zps7a66288a.jpg

IMG_8897_zps8f814849.jpg

As Legate has a slightly cheaper quote, I decided to award to award the project to them. It costs us about $700 to do up the entire house. 3" was selected for the living area while the other rooms had 4". Both horizontal.

That morning, two or three workers came down and finished the job in about four hours. A pretty lengthy process of installing the wire holder between the windows (hidden by curtains) before securing every wire against the window.

My thoughts on the grilles after having it for four months:-

Pros: Aesthetics reasons (despite it not being totally translucent, it is not very obvious from far),

Cons: Price, maintenance of windows (cleaning windows might be harder for 3" gap), less secure than conventional grilles (not recommended for balconies)

No regrets so far as this was the only option that embraces both safety and aesthetics concerns.

6) EUBIQ

Eubiq Concept Store

3 Temasek Boulevard

#01-616 Suntec City Mall

Singapore 038983

Tel 6887 3069

IMG_8895_zps463b088a.jpg

Edited by eyeletskirt

TOILETS/KITCHEN

Both of our toilets came with standard HDB items (a sink, tap, toilet bowl and shower head). However, we wanted to replace most of it so our toilets won't look so run down (personal preference).

For the common toilet, we didn't do any overlaying of the items and thus, proceeded to change all the toilet accessories to black. It took us months to finally locate our black toilet bowl after months of efforts and a cancellation of our back-order (boohoo). As for the MBR toilet, we proceeded to change everything including the rain shower.

We eventually settled all our purchases at these four shops. The other accessories like soap rack, hooks for toilets were bought from TB.

1) Universal Union Enterprises Pte Ltd

710 Geylang Road

Singapore 389625

Tel: 67490007 (Sales Person: Mei)

IMG_8459_zpsnm9vgcgr.jpg

What we bought:

Black Toilet bowl (eventually back-order was cancelled)

MBR Tap (couldn't fit eventually and thus we had to repurchase)

Common Toilet Tap

Common Toilet Sink

Cost us about $1.3k excluding workmanship (since we already had a plumber based on our ID quotation).

2) Sani Quo

568 Sims Avenus

Singapore 387598

MBR Black Rocky Sink $300

IMG_8571_zpsb4c6e454.jpg

Cons: Pretty pricey as we found other items available at similar shops at a lower price.

3) Adamas Bathroom Pte Ltd

No 199/201 Jalan Besar Singapore 208887

FullSizeRender_zpsskap0g9v.jpg

IMG_5267_zps69tl4dbw.jpg

IMG_5266_zpskzvjekmc.jpg

Introduced to this place via a friend.

Highly recommended this place due to its excellent service. Its price is also the cheapest among all the shops I have went to.

What we bought:

Fujioh FBO-9 Oven

Fujioh FG 3773 Hood

Kitchen sink

Kitchen tap

MBR Rainshower

An-30R Heater

Two toilet black sprays with angle valve

Cost us $2.3k in total.

4) GR Link Marketing

No 155 Jalan Besar Singapore 208873

Tel: 6398 1589

What we bought:

Black Toilet bowl for Common Toilet

IMG_8845_zps3aa91fce.jpg

I was so close to giving up after Universal called me to say they are cancelling the BO for the black toilet bowl. (got such thing one seriously). Being a Scoprio, I started to call up every individual shop along Jalan Besar to enquire about the item before calling it quits.

After an hour, this was the only shop that had the item!! Luckily for us, it was immediate stock as well. The toilet accessories process then finally came to an end after so much effort!

Electrical Appliances

IMG_8511_zpsxqisqgev.jpg

INISSIA-C40YE-LIMEYELLOW-coffee-machine_

Philips-Airfryer-XL-HD9240-30_zpswlhqkmh

A little savings goes a long way so sign up for credit cards for points/rebates/interest-free instalment!

Most of our items were purchased directly from the department stores (Tangs, Robinsons, Metro etc) or from the big players (Gain City, Harvey Norman, Courts etc).

We first started to short-list the model that we liked, like the Samsung White Fridge that caught our eyes immediately. While taking note of its usual price, we started to compare numbers while going around random stores . One thing to note was the delivery date as some stores might not let you hold so long. In the end, we finally bought ours at $1,399 which came with a free vacuum cleaner. Score!

TAOBAO PURCHASES

Taobao was one of the most popular sources as raved by many on Renotalk. After spending hours on the chinese site trying to dig out links, I finally placed my first order via Peeka (fuss-free agent thus i didn't mind their charges). The rest were history. The next few weeks revolve around adding more links to my endless cart and soon more orders were on the way.

I didn't dare to purchase electrical appliances, big items or lightings due to the risk that I have to take or safety issues. Ironically, my only light purchase (for my walk-in wardrobe) turned out to be one of my favourite lights ever.

We almost bought this chanel (inspired obviously) along the streets at Jalan Basar for my walk-in wardrobe till we found out that it costed close to $1k. And after deep consideration, I decided to forego the purchase as it might look tacky in the long run.

IMG_0123.JPG_zpsildqspm5.jpg

And then we settled for this Chantelier Lights on TB.

10734133_10154938052455455_5679854333848

product_image_905576_zpstini9kbp.jpg

Some of the items that were ordered (too much to list thus a summary):-

Decorative items:-

1. Table clock
  2. Kitchen clock
  3. Living room scandi clock
  4. Carpet for WIW
  5. Walk-way pop-up birds
  6. Scandi deer for brickwall
  7. Scandi Inspired Eames Birds
  8. Living room smiley tissue box