Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
erictan

Carpet Tiles Or Parquet For Study Room?

I was going through the forum just now and saw that other laminated their parquet with a protective layer.... may not be a bad choice.

Any more detail on this?

More feedback on carpet tiles welcome.

Oh hi,

I am in carpet tiles sales before and my current bedroom is carpeted for the past 7yrs. I DIY the laying of the carpet tiles myself just with double side tape - if one day you want to see your floor tiles again, just peel if off - no stain or damage - i relaid my current room 2nd time liao. And mind you, i am a lady hor! Hee .. I learn the laying through my past carpet tiles contractors! I am shifting to my new house soon and i am getting my 2bedrooms, storeroom and maybe part of my living hall carpeted also - with carpet tiles that i will DIY the laying myself. I like the versatility of change flooring colors/patterns every 3-5yrs .. and able to do it myself .. Ha!

And oh, about the adjustment of door level for clearing of carpet thickness .. for my current room, i stop the carpet tiles about a distance away for the door to clear which of course is not the professional way. But if i am doing for my new house, i will get the contractor to custom the door level exactly.

Carpet Tiles nowadays are beautiful with lots of patterns and colors. Well, tile carpet are not as plushy as row carpet but at home - when you are barefooted, it still feels good and cosy. And carpet tiles are meant to be more dense, so if you do vacuuming regularly, you dun expect the dirt to be going very deep in to the bottom of the tiles.

As for Chair Roller, when you have carpet tiles, you still need to go buy a chair mat, Ikea $59+/pc. Coz the carpet will make the the roller hard to roll ...

Anyway, if you are not someone with asthma or some lazy bums who dun vacuum house, carpet tiles are rare in homes but it does also create a different feel of warm and comfy - like a hotel room .. ! And from no need to mop floor liao!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dear all,

I do have family members with asthma and would like to install, soft to touch, sound proof and easy to maintain. Cork tiles sound like the ideal material but can't find supplier in singapore. Anyone with lobang?