Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
v01ded

Crafting Out A Bedroom In Living Room (4Rm-S Corrider)

Dear Folks,

I have recently brought a resale 4rm-S corridor unit. I have 5 family members(my parents, myself, a brother and a sister) and would like to craft out an addition bedroom so that my brother can have his personal room. Attached is original floor-plan and my intended new floor-plan. Please feel free to comment. I would love to hear from anyone who have done this or have any great ideas on the modification of the windows in the living room. Thanks in advance! :)

Here is the original floor-plan

Floorplan%20-%20HDB-1984-1989-4S-corrido

Here is my modified floor plan.
Floorplan%20-%20HDB-1984-1989-4S-corrido

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi v01ded,

the plan seems quite okay. But firstly, you might want to consider the amount of space you have for your brother, as well as for your living room.

For your brother's room, what does he need? a bed? any other furniture? If he is happy just to have his room, sure.

For the living room, what furniture are you going to put? You might have to consider putting some things into your kitchen to utilize the space.

But most importantly, you have to take note of HDB regulations and apply accordingly, in case they treat this as illegal construction. One of the simpler ways to make the wall might be to use drywall partitioning? You can also use rockwool to reduce sound penetration... Hard to comment on the window until I see the window I think?

If you need more details or advise you can reply or PM me, I see if anyone I know can help with this.

Edited by tszlai

You can check with HDB whether the area outside you living room can be purchased, so it will have a straight line from bedroom to the living room for corridor, and you will have more space to craft out the bedroom beside another bedroom. and shift the front door to the other side.

Hi Thanks alaincheong and tszlai for the advise. The deal for the 4Room S didnt went through.. Back to the property hunt again. Thanks again for your advise.