Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nana Chan

Little Woody Home (Scandinavian 4Rm Resale Woodlands)

Your experience for carpentry and painting finishes are typical. For some strange reason, carpenters generally don't seem to seal gaps/holes unless instructed. As for painters, my advice is instruct them to leave behind paint and touch up yourself. For these type of workers, they either don't have the passion/ownership or get frustrated when they have to do repeated rectification works and I was already mentally tired of talking towards the end of reno. To bypass all these negative emotions on both sides and save time/saliva, I decided to touch up the parts that I missed telling them. At the same time, it allowed me to understand the nooks and crannies of the entire house because painting really brings you high and low throughout the unit. Most importantly, I like the satisfaction of adding the finishing touches.

Yeah thats what we ended up telling ourselves too.. I think overall, my experiences though tired but eventually mostly done up nicely.. So I feel still okay la. :)

Almost there! Can't wait to see how your nest is going to turn out! :D

Yeahhhh..! :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

*small voice*

Can I get a closer pics of your swivel tv console, especially the swivel joint itself. I want to see if I can get someone to do it for me too.

Thank you!

Left Over Jobs to be done:

- Painter come back touch up (24 June 2015) - Done (Dennis went down on site to ensure they touch up nicely. :good: )

- Plumper come back settle leaking problem in Kitchen Sink and Common Bathroom Basin (25 June 2015) Done

- Electrician come back settle the electric trunking behind main door (25 June 2015) Done

- Tiler come back touch up all gout lines (25 June 2015) Done but need touch up

- Replace the spoil window stopper in MBR (26 June 2015) Done

- Glass works and Walk-In Mirror (2nd - 3rd July)

Hopefully all these can be done up and over soon..

Edited by Nana Chan

Ok will snap a few pictures for you coming weekend!

*small voice*

Can I get a closer pics of your swivel tv console, especially the swivel joint itself. I want to see if I can get someone to do it for me too.

Thank you!

So overall would you still recommend Dennis? I know at the halfway mark you did, but there seemed to be some hiccups towards the end

If you recommend him, could you PM me his contact please? Thanks!

IMG_20150626_112600.jpg

Today TV Installation.. :wub: Hubby took this picture after installation done, he says that this guy who install our TV very pro, almost dust free.

Courts T&C state No wall-mounting will be done on ceilings or feature walls *especially ours got no real wall backing, we don't want hassle*, so end up we only get the free bracket which came with the TV purchase, and hired Dorne to do it for us.. Didn't want Dennis's to do it cos they don't provide warranty, TV drop after that then GG. :bleah:

Dorne charge $50 (discount to $42 in the end cos we bought cable from him too) labour charge to install on our TV swivel feature wall, with Lifetime Warranty.

He also teach Hubby how to do it so he can do it himself next time if we wanna change TV in future. :thumbs up:

I think its quite a good deal, as others quote around $80-$120 with no (or the most 1 year) warranty. :good: Happy!

Edited by Nana Chan

HELLO~ We spent our left over weekend free-time (got weddings to attend) doing deep cleaning and moving some of our stuff over to our new place.. Setting up some stuff like washing machine racks, tower fan and floor lamp.. :wub:

Pictures below for those who are interested with TV Swivel Feature Wall, and curious with how the wirings are done to minimize expose cables on the outside of console..

Just sharing how mine's done.. :D

20150628_111543.jpg

20150628_111520.jpg

Notice there is a white cable cover on the bottom console? We can add on a soundbar and connect the cables through this hole to underneath's power socket, or to connect our home telephone to the power sockets and telephone point underneath. :)

20150628_111427.jpg

Power sockets / SCV Point / Tel Point / Data Point

20150628_111553.jpg

Our big Lazy Susan Swivel Mechanism..

20150628_111619.jpg

20150628_111737.jpg

Underneath the bottom console.. You really have to squat down and look upward then can see such a "mess". :lol:

We've connected our TV with 3 HDMI cables ready for future add on consoles, to just plug and use. :D

Left over jobs to be done:

Full Length Mirror for Mini Walk-in Closet (2nd - 3rd July)

Glass Works - (2nd - 3rd July)

MBR Shower Screen Door

Common Bathroom Shower Screen Door

Kitchen Half Wall Fixed Panel

Kitchen Sliding Door

Kitchen Glass Backsplash

Tiler Touch Ups on Goutlines - (2nd - 3rd July)

Kitchen & Both MBR + Common Bathroom

PS: I will do a final review on my ID and other renovation contacts after the final hand over.. Any contact recommendations will also be given out after the official hand over.. :)

Edited by Nana Chan

Hi Nana, can you PM me Dome's contact? Have intention of buying a new TV soon. Trustworthy installer very important to me.

May I know what other jobs can Dome do (e.g. locksmith)? Thanks for your help in advance! :-)