Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Nana Chan

Little Woody Home (Scandinavian 4Rm Resale Woodlands)

Hi Nana, can you PM me Dome's contact? Have intention of buying a new TV soon. Trustworthy installer very important to me.

May I know what other jobs can Dome do (e.g. locksmith)? Thanks for your help in advance! :-)

Hi Nana,

May I have Dorne's number.

TIA

Hi Nana,

Mind sharing Dorne's contact with me too? Thanks!

PM-ed all Dorne's contact..

so far still very happy with my TV.. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello!

Yesterday finally all our glassworks and mirror are up~ Had some hiccups AGAIN, because the installation guys forgot about our glass backsplash. :blink: They kept trying to smoke and say that backsplash takes longer time to fabricate, hence need to come back again to do it. But Hubby keep press them to call up the factory to check, refuse to let them leave.. And guess what, end up our backsplash were in their Lorry, they forgot to bring up. :fire:

One thing through this reno, I feel many of the workers got those "chop chop do chop chop go, don't bother so much attitude", which I cannot stand, and we feel that Dennis couldn't handle. He is too nice and too "easy", until don't get the job done properly sometimes. Results into delay and multiple rectifications needed.. and who suffer in the end? Us. :( We are just so sick of repeating and reminding..

But am glad that yesterday everything went smoothly, all thanks to Hubby, who had to take time off from work to be there in person to supervise and ensure no half hearted job again. Because tiler were there to do repeated touch ups too (didn't do well the first time), and he wants to ensure after this time no need to see him again.. :P

We're both soooo glad no more additional trip needed..cos we really can't wait to end this renovation already.. Its a longgggggggggggg tedious process.. and nobody care about your home more than yourself really.. ;)

Reviews:

(ID) Dennis -

Reply fast through out the entire reno. :good: Initially we sign under him as we feel he is very professional and helpful, also give a lot of suggestions.. But at the later stage of ongoing reno, we feel he need people to give him a push to get things done, which I am very tired of dealing with at the later part of our renovation. :wacko:

I had to constantly be on my toes, because things I don't mention to him, he won't automatic help us do.. :wacko: So ended up knowing his pattern, we keep chase and remind to ensure things are done.. You must also be free enough to be there to supervise in order to get the standard of work that you want, of cos, only if you are fussy owners like us :lol:. If you don't mind holes and gaps around the house, minor chip offs, missing here and there etc.. I guess you are good with him. :)

Well at least things I manage to "catch", he will do.. If you insist. But if you never mention, he also will keep quiet let you accept la..lol. Perhaps nowadays no ID will help you to catch defects anymore.. (never see then no need do attitude.. ;)) Rate: 7/10

Hacking / Tiling -

Hacking done accurately and all within a day no complain at all. Rate: 10/10

Tiling was done quite neatly also within reasonable timeline.. Gout lines touch ups took 2 trips though, but consider minor issue so no complain.. :DRate: 9/10

Windows and Grilles -

Minor hiccups but eventually were fixed within timeline.. Rate: 8/10

Carpentry -

The carpentry workmanship is not top notch, but also no serious defects (quite a bit of minor ones though), so I feel carpentry wise consider average. Carpentry lack of manpower, multiple delays after continuously changing the installation completion date. I don't know if its their common practice to delay the carpentry installation.. but it was a bad experience because their carpenter display his bad attitude right infront of our eyes. I will not recommend their carpenter. Rate: 5/10

Plumbing and Bathroom Sanitary Installations-

Leaking issue on our Kitchen Sink and Common Bath Basin after the 1st installation. Have to wait for few days for them to confirm when can come down to fix. Eventually done within a week. Rate: 8/10

Painting -

Terrible outsourced painters.. (Dennis explained its due to his own in-house painter resign so he got no choice but to outsource) Dennis had to bear extra cost because of them.. Initially Dennis hinted that he might need to bill to us, but I blow out on him and say that he need to deliver what he promised. Using a outsourced painters and did a terrible job was not what we originally signed up for. Eventually after insisting, he get it fixed at his own cost. Even until now, we are still spotting some pretty bad paint jobs around the house, and have reflected to him accordingly.. he agreed to rectified for us so we shall see. Will not recommend, not even to my enermy. Rate: 1/10

Door -

Installed accurately within timeline with varnishing. Good workmanship. Rate: 10/10

Glass -

With supervision everything was done well.. Good workmanship Rate: 8/10 (minus points for trying to lie about the backsplash)

WorkTop - (Kompacplus)

Done well and accurately, within timeline. Good workmanship. Provide extra service by giving suggestion on the installation for my L shape part, and inform us in advance on the limitations. No complain. Rate: 10/10

HERF Flooring - (Evorich)

Done well within a day.. Good workmanship, happy with how it turn out, no complain. Rate: 10/10

Electric - (Contact: Peng)

Provide very good service, reply speedily to my doubts and questions professionally. Give good suggestions on lights, switches and sockets placement, he will draw out for you to visualize ensure no miscommunication between clients and his workers. He went up to do measurement after carpentry is up to advise us on the length of our LED strips and T5 size.

Re-wiring was done within a day, Lights and Sockets done another day. He is quite flexible and very service orientated.. After everything was done and we have paid full, we spotted 1 electric trunking not sealed properly.. Call him up and he got his guy to come down and fix properly for us speedily. Highly recommended. Service Rating: 10/10

Air Con - (Thomas)

Very satisfied with this distributor of Mitsubishi Electric. Not the cheapest but provide very good service.. Price quoted got no hidden cost (include 2 trips and all installation). The installer also taught us how to use, wash and maintain during the testing. 1 YEAR Warranty on all parts and 5 YEAR Warranty on sealed compressor. Service Rating: 10/10

Overall... for the entire reno.. I think I will rate the experience 7/10. At least it work out eventually.. :D

Our furnitures are coming in this weekend! And we keep going to IKEA like there is no end..Its really tiring, but fulfilling at the same time..

Will post up more pictures when we're more settled down! :lol:

Edited by Nana Chan

Hi Nana Chan, so you've finally reached the finishing line- well done and congrats!! :)

Happy decorating your place- it's definitely more enjoyable than the reno bit (for me at least) haha!

Hi Nana Chan, so you've finally reached the finishing line- well done and congrats!! :)

Happy decorating your place- it's definitely more enjoyable than the reno bit (for me at least) haha!

Haha thank you! I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy the furnishing part than the reno itself too! :lol:

Our humble little dining hall is almost complete.. :wub:

20150711_143844_mh1436596824958.jpg

20150711_173610_mh1436607458939.jpg

Bookcase fit just nice to the "hole" of our MBR bedside.. So it can be covered by curtain once it is up.. :wub:

20150711_113034.jpg

Setting up our kitchen with appliances.. :wub:

Edited by Nana Chan

Our humble little dining hall is almost complete.. :wub:

20150711_143844_mh1436596824958.jpg

20150711_173610_mh1436607458939.jpg

Bookcase fit just nice to the "hole" of our MBR bedside.. So it can be covered by curtain once it is up.. :wub:

20150711_113034.jpg

Setting up our kitchen with appliances.. :wub:

Hi Nana,

Do review the Electrolux Microwave oven with grill! TIA!

Weiyan