Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Zenth

Advice Pls - Booklice And Mold

Hi all

Appreciate if anyone could advise on my current situation.

I bought a 3-room resale flat that was vacant for at least 6 months. I noticed the presence of booklice along the kitchen grout about 2 months after completion of reno. They have now invaded the whole house. I see them mostly on the floor, and along skirting.

Vacuuming, and 2 dehumidifiers do not seem to work. I cannot seem to locate the source, though I suspect it came from the main drainage area.

I started noticing a few light yellow splodges on 1 of my hall's wall. Today, I used a masking tape over it. The paint came off, and there were black spots. I have a pest control coming in to mist the place tomorrow.

My questions are:

1. I presume those black stuff beneath the pain are mold?

2. As the splodges are small in size and a handful currently, can I just scrub it off with a mold remover? Or are the splodges an indication of a bigger area of mold?

3. With the presence of mold, will the misting tomorrow be rendered useless?

4. Has anyone successfully eradicated a booklice infestation? They are making me very paranoid.

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Before the booklice invade your whole house, it would be better to call pest control professionals, so that you can get rid of these booklice or insects. Spraying is very effective and after that there are less chances of having pests. I have tried Pest Control and Pest Exterminator Mamaroneck NY and it is safe from pests and termites attack.