Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

So how we got started on our journey or processes on our NN Loft? I must say that it all started out by proposing to my girlfriend / fiancee who is now my wife by asking her to apply a BTO flat. I know it sounds funny but isn't it a fact that some or even most couples before they get engaged, the guy pops the question of "Wanna apply a BTO flat together?" LOL! !!

So that's where it all started...............Nov 2011.

My wife and I logged in to the HDB website to see the sales launch in November 2011. There were a few locations or sites for us to choose. Punggol Waterway Banks and Ridges, Hougang Capeview and Dewcourt, Yishun Acacia Breeze, Bukit Panjang Fajar Spring and Bedok Golden Cassia.

We went through all the locations that HDB launched and we decided on Punggol Waterway Banks and Ridges. This site will be located along the iconic Punggol Waterway.

WATERWAY BANK AND RIDGES (IMAGE TAKEN FROM HDB WEBSITE)

Banks

FLOOR PLAN OR RIDGES AND BANKS (IMAGE TAKEN FROM HDB WEBSITE)

Edited by limpbiskut

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

HDB sales launch in November 2011 - few locations launched: Punggol Waterway Banks and Ridges, Hougang Capeview and Dewcourt, Yishun Acacia Breeze, Bukit Panjang Fajar Spring and Bedok Golden Cassia.

We went through all the locations that HDB launched and decided on Punggol Waterway Banks and Ridges which is located along the iconic Punggol Waterway. Why Punggol? Honestly the missus saw the waterway scenery and she was sold. Our first application for a flat was successful (lucky us!) and so we patiently waited for 3 years.

gallery_68172_713_39745.jpg

Edited by limpbiskut

The Beginning Of A New Life & New Memories

The long wait is finally over! We've collected the keys to our new home on my wife's birthday eve (end January). What a great start to her turning 30! Looking forward to transform this space into our cozy haven.

gallery_68172_713_1914.jpg

gallery_68172_713_1109.jpg

gallery_68172_713_1540.jpg

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_68172_713_19767.jpg

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_68172_713_6107.jpg

http://renotalk.com/forum/uploads/gallery_68172_713_15110.jpg

Edited by limpbiskut

Contractor Or Id?

Since we got the keys around end of January which is nearing CNY, we had to wait again to start renovation works on our new crib. While other homeowners started surveying IDs and contractors (some wayy before their keys were released), we could not imagine meeting all of them and comparing their quotations. YEA WE ARE LAZY LIKE THAT. :bleah:

Our close friends have engaged this reliable contractor (Coos Design and Innovations Pte Ltd) for their new homes. We find the workmanship and quotations pretty good so without further thoughts, we met Mr Raymond for quotations.

We didn't even consider any IDs cos we feel that they are more expensive and we don't really need their new designs/ideas for our cozy haven. Just by engaging a contractor, we can easily save a few thousands yet still achieve our dream home. For concept wise, we chose Scandi with a touch of industrial.

Here's our moodboard from Pinterest!

gallery_68172_713_66712.jpg
Edited by limpbiskut

Reno Timeline
27 Jan 2015 - Collected keys

Few days before CNY - Meet contractor, take measurements on-site for quotation
Original floor plan:

gallery_68172_713_41047.jpg
Proposed design:
gallery_68172_713_58859.jpg

24 Feb - 1st quotation ready
Premium Design & Build Package
Design Works
a. Perspective drawing by dedicated designer team
b. Conceptualise space and furniture planning
c. Detailed floor plan layout
Masonry Works
a. Construct 50mm kitchen cabinet base side tile up
b. Construct 50mm washing base and fridge base - goes to master toilet shower kerb
c. Surface and side tile up
d. New selected floor tiles using overlaying for kitchen & yard existing flooring
e. New selected wall tiles for kitchen to ceiling height (one side of wall)
f. Hack existing L shape kitchen wall to ceiling height cum HDB approval
g. Dismantle existing HDB aluminium bi-folding door and 2 set of window only
h. New cement jobs for kitchen wall & beam
Plumbing Works
a. Install inlet and outlet piping for washing machine
b. Labour to install water heater
c. Labour to install 2 sets of toilet accessories
d. Connection of kitchen sink
e. Supply and install 01 no. of kitchen sink and tap
Painting Works
a. Nippon 5000 or ICI Pentalite paints
b. Painting of all sewerage pipes
c. Painting of all door, all frames and main metal gate
d. Up to 4 colour for internal walls and ceiling white
Carpentry Works
a. 24ft laminate kitchen cabinet (Combi top and bottom) - top up additional kitchen bottom cabinet 12ft
b. All internal carcass and panel doors are in solid plywood
c. ABS trimming door panels
d. Supply & install solid surface for kitchen work top (10 ft) - upgrade to granite work top 20 ft
e. Supply & install 01. no of cooker hood and 01 no. of hob
f. 01 set of stainless steel dish rack
h. 01 set of glass panel doors
i. Designer handle selection
Carpentry Works for Bedroom
a. Supply and install 5ft built-in wardrobe with laminate solid plywood for bedroom 3 (Sliding door)
b. Supply and install 6ft built-in wardrobe with laminate solid plywood for master bedroom (sliding door)
c. New box up master bedroom recess wall
d. New wooden shelves for master bedroom recess side wall using laminate finish
e. New suspended dressing table for master bedroom using laminate finish
Electrical Works
a. Labour to install ceiling lights to all HDB original light points
Others
a. Professional project arrangement and coordination
b. Workmanship warranty for 1 year
c. Acid wash for whole unit floor
Additional Items
a. New shoe cabinet full for main entrance area with laminate finish
b. New aluminium sliding window for sv yard cum hdb design

c. New tempered shower screen for master bathroom toilet

d. New wall and floor tiles using adhesive method for common and master bathroom

e. Supply labour to reinstall both toilet existing accessories items

f. Supply labour & material to extend copper piping for both bathroom mixer unit

17 Mar - Edit quotation and deposit upon confirmation

18 - 27 Mar - Contractor checked and rectify for defects

28 Mar 2015 - JB Tampoi Lighting: We bought 1m x 5 aluminium track + 7 LED tracklights + 3 dining pendant lights + 3 walkway pendant lights + 4ft T5 + 4 spare edison bulbs ard SGD500+
+ :lol: can't wait to see the lights installed! the rest of the bedroom LED lights are from Taobao. Will be uploading pics of the loot soon!

30 Mar 2015 - Aircon (Mitsubishi Eletric Starmex 9000BTUx3 CU Model: MXY3A28VA FCU Model: MSYGE10VAx3 & Service yard window installation [awaiting HDB reno approval]

gallery_68172_713_13940.jpg

gallery_68172_713_26198.jpg

31 Mar 2015 - Electrical works

gallery_68172_713_41627.jpg

gallery_68172_713_13926.jpg
Edited by limpbiskut

Finally, we got HDB's approval for hacking works on 2nd April. It took around a week. So excited to see the wall partition between the kitchen and dining area brought down for an open concept kitchen!

gallery_68172_713_44754.jpg

gallery_68172_713_49736.jpg

The service yard door was also removed. Everything was done on 6th April. :D

gallery_68172_713_3856.jpg

Edited by limpbiskut

In Love With Tiles ...

The 1st thing we did was to look around for the perfect tiles for our toilets and kitchen way before our keys were released. So far we went to these shops:

1. Hafary 560 Balestier Rd Singapore 329876

2. Lian Seng Hin Trading Co Pte Ltd 568 Balestier Rd, Singapore 329885

3. Taugres 7 Defu Lane 1, Singapore 539482

4. Hup Kiong 11 Defu Lane 9, Singapore 539253

5. Soon Bee Huat No.3A Toh Guan Road East Singapore 608834

It was fun for the missus who has an attention to details and is into peranakan tiles. I just had to tag along. :bangwall::help:

gallery_68172_713_91495.jpg

Our contractor ordered the tiles from 3 different companies and they arrived on 6 April. :)

gallery_68172_713_12902.jpg

Edited by limpbiskut

Hack, Hack, Hack!

Finally, we got HDB's approval for hacking works on 2nd April. It took around a week. So excited to see the wall partition between the kitchen and dining area brought down for an open concept kitchen!

">gallery_68172_713_44754.jpg

">gallery_68172_713_49736.jpg

The service yard door was also removed. Everything was done on 6th April. :D

">gallery_68172_713_3856.jpg

Hi,

I just want to check for the service yard door, why didn't you choose to hack it totally? is it not allowed or you just chose to so as to separate your washing machine/dryer from kitchen?

Our contractor provided us with 3D drawings of the designs that we had in mind before carpentry work starts next week. We intended to keep our living room simple with no feature wall and built-in TV console. This enables us to move around the furniture when we're bored with the current layout. :)

gallery_68172_713_43160.jpg
We initially thought of having a partition between the sleeping area and the makeup/getting ready area but seems like it will only make the tiny room smaller. So since we are both on day shift, we don't really need the partition. Plus if we were to have a baby in the future, we could place our babycot and have him/her next to my wife. The space in front of the wardrobe is ideal for that kinda situation. She can also have her vanity table with allll of her makeup and additional recess wall wooden shelves for more storage. But...will my wife share the 6ft wardrobe with me? I don't think so. Lol
gallery_68172_713_103262.jpg
Shoe cabinet as requested. We saw this design from pinterest and showed it to Mr R. Hhehe as simple as that.
gallery_68172_713_2255.jpg
Edited by limpbiskut

Hi,

I just want to check for the service yard door, why didn't you choose to hack it totally? is it not allowed or you just chose to so as to separate your washing machine/dryer from kitchen?

i choose not to hack the wall coz i wanna separate the service yard cum laundry area.

16 April and the 1st phase - wet works is complete! :good:

Since we wanted the cement screed wall at the kitchen entrance, these tiles were chosen to match the look. I find the HDB kitchen tiles sucks! You have to clean almost everyday as small amount of dirt can be easily seen as per my friends' complaints. We could have opted out of the BTO HDB flooring but we thought we could save money initially and reduce our reno cost. The living room and bedrooms homogenous polished tiles are fine. *relieved* Luckily there were also no defects as compared to our neighbours'.

gallery_68172_713_35213.jpg

Subway tiles for one side of the kitchen as there won't be any top cabinets; only our hob and chimney hood.

gallery_68172_713_50907.jpg

Both toilets' ugly walls have got to go too!

Our master toilet feature wall with the missus's chosen tiles. Decided to only overlay a small area to avoid it being too busy i also headache. :wacko: Gonna have tempered glass shower screen for the master and just a shower curtain for the common toilet.

gallery_68172_713_29003.jpg

gallery_68172_713_6162.jpg

Common toilet floor - we specifically laid out the random designs for the tiler to follow the layout but unfortunately the OCD missus can still spot a few not done accordingly. But oklah, still nice right? hehehe

gallery_68172_713_142478.jpg

So we sat down and chose the laminates for our kitchen cabinet, shoe cabinet and 2 wardrobes. Next up will be the painting works and carpentry! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by limpbiskut

Hello! U're from banks too? Haha we're moving in ard early June.

Yes~ i from banks too~~~~

Hahaha same also!!!! Most likely I will move in early June.

Currently here abit scary at night lol my blk like not much people moving in