Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wmayeo

A Scandinavian Attempt

Goody! Kitchen top is placed on top. Not even installed! Smells fresh! :thumbs up:

Mr E requested us to deliver our induction hob and sink to their factory so that they can cut the wood and kitchen top. :sport-smiley-003:

18598619954_0056750d7e_b.jpg

19221086205_452cdfa0af_b.jpg

A look of the induction hob, sink and kitchen faucet is finally installed.

19215371272_5c655369ce_b.jpg

The iQuartz top chosen is iPure. It has small tiny dots on it, can't view from photos here. Me kiasu & "lack of trust" :no: so I went to find out from iQuartz to double confirm its iQuartz not other brands.

Got a reply from iQuartz to get some pictures from their Live Updates. :good:

wpid-20150604_131139.jpg

Hi Wmayeo,

Thank you for replying to my PMs. Appreciate it. 1 silly Q, how did they undermount your sink when they fitted in your iQuartz top first? :dunno:

I thought you had chosen overmount until you pointed out everything had been installed.

Just curious. Waiting for your updates too! :sport-smiley-018:

Regards,

Weiyan

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

May I have contact of your contractor J & E?

Thank you very much. :)

Hi mrsjimmymare, I've pm you. Thanks for dropping by. :)

Edited by wmayeo

Hi, have your lights been installed? I like your choices! All simple and nice. If its good, will get some of those as well.

Do give a review!

Hi peachpokka,

No problem. Here are some photos.

1. Panasonic LED 22W for the living room

19034000490_4cdfae2a73_b.jpg

2. IKEA RANARP with Philips 9W LED bulb (dining area)

I chose this for the cozy feel, especially some days I want a romantic dinner at home. :disturb:

19033998920_f1ac07b536_b.jpg

We wanted this pendant light as the additional light point. But somehow it was not communicated when the electrician came to install it.

The electrician installed this as one of the main light at the entrance area which is not bright enough. We wanted to keep the HDB original light point for the main lights.

Maybe it's my drawing not clear enough for them to understand. Yet I ask Mr E over the phone the day before installation, he say he understood!! 8|

19300405216_a712fa8658_b.jpg

3. Panasonic 14W for Kitchen :thumbs up:

19195541016_c75a030f35_b.jpg

4. This light is same as No.3 (for bedroom 2 and 3)

19195539636_e62f041dd1_b.jpg

5. Samaire Ceiling Fan installed with 3 colour LED 20W :good:

19034064428_6fd577f2d4_b.jpg

6. IKEA LILLHOLMEN with IKEA 13W LED bulb for the Walkway :dancingqueen:

19221631215_329343d573_b.jpg

7. Opple LED 10W at Service Yard

19033999310_5a05c0f528_b.jpg

Overall I found all the Panasonic lights from Taobao and IKEA ones are bright enough for us.

For the BTO 4-rm, if you are thinking to get a 20W to light up the long-ish space, it doesn't work. You'll need at least 40W.

>>> That explains why I used 22W x 2 for living & entrance area. <<<

For the quality of Taobao lights, buy at your own risk. Please read their reviews and ask the seller questions until you feel comfortable to buy from them.

I think for the price of them, it's very worth some risk lah :notti::deal:

I have a strong feel its authentic. :sport-smiley-003:

18704597984_2a2293def1_b.jpg

18704597064_591fc27d12_b.jpg

19321068532_884a488f0a_b.jpg

Edited by wmayeo

Hi thanks! The lights look really bright.

Did you install the Opple light at the bomb shelter instead?

I am thinking of getting the Opple 17.3cm one for my service yard and 23cm one for my bomb shelter. Would you recommend the Opple light?

Hi Wmayeo,

Thank you for replying to my PMs. Appreciate it. 1 silly Q, how did they undermount your sink when they fitted in your iQuartz top first? :dunno:

I thought you had chosen overmount until you pointed out everything had been installed.

Just curious. Waiting for your updates too! :sport-smiley-018:

Regards,

Weiyan

Hi Weiyan,

It's not a silly question lah. They didn't install the iQuartz top until they place the sink at the cutout of the cabinet. Then they install the iQuartz top. So the sink is undermounted. Hope this clarifies your doubt.

And just curious if electrician is able to add in another point for u now?

Yes, he added additional light point. He has to install an IC to control the light, since HDB lighting points are not able to control the living/dining area using the extra switch allocated along the walkway.

Hi thanks! The lights look really bright.

Did you install the Opple light at the bomb shelter instead?

I am thinking of getting the Opple 17.3cm one for my service yard and 23cm one for my bomb shelter. Would you recommend the Opple light?

Yup, using Opple for service yard, corrected in my previous entry.

Sorry I'm not familar with the diameter of the light.

Look up for how much Lumens is needed for the room size, this is the value to determine the brightness of the LED and the room size.

The Taobao links I've posted will have such information, I think its good enough for me to make a decision to light up the room size.

BTO flats with service yard and bomb shelter are small spaces, I think between 10W to 12W day/cool white light is more than sufficient. If you pick warm light, it will look more dim.

I simply adore carpentry with internal laminate! :good:

We love the internal woody laminates too :jammin: