Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cuppers

Reconstruction Of A New Door Frame

Hi

Anyone has any experience with reconstruction of a new door frame? I have one reconstructed as I changed the layout of my house and thus contractor have to fix a new door frame at the new entrance. However the new door frame is purely wood, and not like the HDB door frame with "metal" covering? Anyone did a new door frame in their house before and is this the industry norm?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

That has always been a norm to use wood for door frame. Metal is prone to rust and HDB is now using metal for door frame and not wrap around. It make the process more efficient for them to cast and install. Just make sure the wood is chengai or other hard wood.

i am also thinking of reconstructing a new door frame. I called up the contractor for HDB metal door (it differs from project to proj) and they say they don't sell individuals.

if you talk to door contractors, they will tell you all sorts like metal no good and very expensive. But Deadend is right about industry wide just using wooden door frame.