Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
greythorne

Feature Wall To Be Installed For Wall Mount Tv

Hi,

first time in this forum. Would like to ask about feature wall.

I intend to wall mount my 46" Samsung TV and do not want to directly mount on the concrete wall with the unsightly wires dangling. Anyone here have any suggestions on how do i go about putting up a feature wall so that i can wall mount my tv on it? And who do i engage and a rough cost estimation?

Thank you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Greythorne,

You will need to have a plasterboard (dry wall) to extend from your concrete wall. Plasterboard will need some reinforcement to support your weight of your TV. From there, a grommet hole punched through will allow your cables to hide into the dry wall and run to your 13A sockets. thickness should be around 200mm for maintenance. This approach is quite pricy. But it all depends on your extent of feature wall.

Alternatively, you can plant a traditional conduit running straight down to the floor. The conduit should be around 50mm thickness and you can get your plasterer to have a thick plaster coat over the wall. The rest of the finishes will be your choice. Cost efficient and effective way if you want a full stretch feature wall. You can add in some groove lines at your plaster wall to create some mason styles feature wall.

Last choice will be usage of a simple wooden "box" with glossy laminate. the TV can be mounted on it together with some frosted glass trays for your DVD player or Starhub boxes. The wooden box will enable to hide away the ugly cables.

Hi Dan

When you say pricey, any range for me to look at? I only intend to do the feature wall just so I can wall mount my TV. Do you have any suggestions or anyone who can do this and also reliable?