Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
namja

Market Rate For Carpentry Works

Hi, me n honey finally gotten our key to our new home and now waiting for quotes from contractors. May i know what's the market rate for works like tv console/low height cabinets/platform bed?

First time doing renovation and unfortunately got tight budget so hope get some tips so as to avoid being chopped by the contractors! Tks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Mine is about $120pfr for kitchen carpentry.

Work desk $150pfr

Full height display glass cabinet $300pfr

Carpentry is by psf so it also depends on what you want to do.

Edited by benetay

• Like 1

Hi Namja,

Carpenters usually quote by PFR (per foot run). Several factors contribute to the PFR pricing:

- height

- whether you have sliding doors

- doors with glass

- etc.

For HDB , the full height is usually about 2.6meters. Therefore the cost for a full height wardrobe that spans 6 feet width would be calculated as such:

6 x $300 pfr (not psf as mentioned by benetay) = $1,800

The market rate really differs between IDs (Interior Designers) to sub-contractors (eg. carpentry workshops). ID firms generally perform a higher mark-up as they engage sub-contractors to construct the wood-work items.

I went direct to a carpentry workshop to get mine done previously and I believe I enjoyed cost savings of at least 20-30%.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Thanks for the tips, will take note it's pfr. Yes i went direct to contractors and not id as i know they mark up the prices by who know how many times, just so they can pocket big profit hah!

I got 1 quote and it's between $130-$150pfr for custom made settee cum cabinets, shoe cabinet, tv console, suspended table, vanity cabinets. Rate reasonable?

Thanks for the tips, will take note it's pfr. Yes i went direct to contractors and not id as i know they mark up the prices by who know how many times, just so they can pocket big profit hah!

hi, could you email me the contacts for the contractors at sunblooming@gmail.com. thanks!

Hi Namja,

Carpenters usually quote by PFR (per foot run). Several factors contribute to the PFR pricing:

- height

- whether you have sliding doors

- doors with glass

- etc.

For HDB , the full height is usually about 2.6meters. Therefore the cost for a full height wardrobe that spans 6 feet width would be calculated as such:

6 x $300 pfr (not psf as mentioned by benetay) = $1,800

The market rate really differs between IDs (Interior Designers) to sub-contractors (eg. carpentry workshops). ID firms generally perform a higher mark-up as they engage sub-contractors to construct the wood-work items.

I went direct to a carpentry workshop to get mine done previously and I believe I enjoyed cost savings of at least 20-30%.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

hi, please email me the contact for carpentry workshop @ sunblooming@gmail.com. Thanks!

I got 1 quote and it's between $130-$150pfr for custom made settee cum cabinets, shoe cabinet, tv console, suspended table, vanity cabinets. Rate reasonable?

appreciate if you could Pm me your contractor as i intend to do some carpenter works. thanks