Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 1/13/2022 at 6:10 PM, Melody2205 said:

Mine is at West Scape. Estimated to be ready by this year Q2. Hopefully there won't be anymore delay. I want to quickly settle everything before the GST hike. 😆

Naise.. at least near a red line haha. I confirm tio gst hike so not gonna think abt that

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have been reading here for a very long time since I got my ballot number in Feb 2016. My number was far out of the available number of units. But I was quite lucky and still got a good unit mid level. Due to Covid, I was supposed to get my keys in June 2020, however I only got my keys in end 25 Jan 2021. Exactly 1 year ago from today. 

I did my reno as fast as I could, however due to Covid as well, it was finish in end April 2021. 

Here is my photos taken sometime in May 2021. Only manage to get time to share now. 

I read from one previous post to ask how big a dining table are you able to get. I manage to get a 1.5m long table. 

The sofa I got is a sofa bed which can be opened to something smaller than a queen size bed.

My mom also downsizing and her new flat is at WestScapes which is near mine. My project is West Plains which is located opp LeQuest. Thanks! 

20210423_130555.jpg

20210423_130559.jpg

20210423_130602.jpg

20210424_201912.jpg

20210424_201923.jpg

20210429_174157.jpg

20210429_174205.jpg

20210513_155620.jpg

20210513_155627.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 3:23 PM, journeymangeek said:

Just out of curiosity - How does the "original" completion date, estimated covid delayed dates and most recent estimates (assuming got update) compare? I think I confirm tio the GST hike (and the GST on all overseas purchases which is sian)  but nice to know if they're being conservative with completion delays or really that jialat 

Not sure how it is compared. Mine was supposed to be ready in Q4 2021. Then I was informed the date changed to Q2 2022. 

On 1/22/2022 at 8:00 PM, vonntttttt said:

Naise.. at least near a red line haha. I confirm tio gst hike so not gonna think abt that

I think mine is about two bus stops away from the future Jurong Regional Line, light blue line. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 3:04 PM, TriAngel said:

I have been reading here for a very long time since I got my ballot number in Feb 2016. My number was far out of the available number of units. But I was quite lucky and still got a good unit mid level. Due to Covid, I was supposed to get my keys in June 2020, however I only got my keys in end 25 Jan 2021. Exactly 1 year ago from today. 

I did my reno as fast as I could, however due to Covid as well, it was finish in end April 2021. 

Here is my photos taken sometime in May 2021. Only manage to get time to share now. 

I read from one previous post to ask how big a dining table are you able to get. I manage to get a 1.5m long table. 

The sofa I got is a sofa bed which can be opened to something smaller than a queen size bed.

My mom also downsizing and her new flat is at WestScapes which is near mine. My project is West Plains which is located opp LeQuest. Thanks! 

20210423_130555.jpg

20210423_130559.jpg

20210423_130602.jpg

20210424_201912.jpg

20210424_201923.jpg

20210429_174157.jpg

20210429_174205.jpg

20210513_155620.jpg

20210513_155627.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos! Did you engage any ID for the renovation? 

Did you redo the sink in the bathroom? 

The dining table looks good. I think I can plan to have 1.5 m table too. Hehe... Where did you buy it from? 

The wall tiles in your kitchen looks good and also the pink wall in your bedroom is very sweet. What's the size of your bed? Queen size?

Where did you buy the fan in the kitchen and also the drying rack?

Thank you! :)

10 hours ago, Melody2205 said:

Thanks for sharing the photos! Did you engage any ID for the renovation? 

Did you redo the sink in the bathroom? 

The dining table looks good. I think I can plan to have 1.5 m table too. Hehe... Where did you buy it from? 

The wall tiles in your kitchen looks good and also the pink wall in your bedroom is very sweet. What's the size of your bed? Queen size?

Where did you buy the fan in the kitchen and also the drying rack?

Thank you! :)

Yes, I did hire an ID but the design was mostly planned by me and my Bro-in-law.

I did redo the sink as I wanted a cabinet to store my necessities.

The dining table and sofa bed was purchased from Hipvan. Their stuff is good and affordable.

My bed is a Queen Size bed with under bed storage, cos house is small, every space I can get with storage I must have 🤣

The drying rack was from Steigen. There was a groupbuy from my estate, so it was a good deal. The fan is under this brand Acorn and its called a corner fan. I have the same fan for my bedroom too. Saves floor space.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TriAngel said:

Yes, I did hire an ID but the design was mostly planned by me and my Bro-in-law.

I did redo the sink as I wanted a cabinet to store my necessities.

The dining table and sofa bed was purchased from Hipvan. Their stuff is good and affordable.

My bed is a Queen Size bed with under bed storage, cos house is small, every space I can get with storage I must have 🤣

The drying rack was from Steigen. There was a groupbuy from my estate, so it was a good deal. The fan is under this brand Acorn and its called a corner fan. I have the same fan for my bedroom too. Saves floor space.

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Now at least I have an idea where to get those things. Looking forward to my new house. :D

3 hours ago, Melody2205 said:

Cool! Thanks for sharing. Now at least I have an idea where to get those things. Looking forward to my new house. :D

You are most welcome 😁

Hi guys, 

Quick question with regards to Tengah and SP centralised cooling initiative, I just signed my lease for a flat in Tengah Court last week and was quickly ushered to the SP booth for a "sales and sustainability" pitch😁. To be frank I am not too sure about this, I have few reservations about their proposed(almost fixed) location for the ac unit plus the long pipe run and big trunking that comes thru from the front entrance of the flat plus that daikin aircon looks chonky as f! Anyone here signed up? if so can maybe tell me what convinced you?   

Cheers,

Guna

I signed up for that. I'd already decided 

Deciding factors for  me

- I'm likely to have the AC on a *lot* - and least from SP's calculations, cost per year is cheaper

- I don't need to install/maintain a compressor. Its a fairly big thing 

- Upfront cost is lower 

In a 2 room, well, not that many locations that will work. IIRC 

As for location, not many places that we can install "logically" so I ok with the location. (Image of locations for my type 2 flat attached... I suspect it should be vaguely similar for a type 1) 

The 'official' air con ledge is also in a weird place - behind the toilet so I have no idea how they'd do the trunking in that case - do probably out the front of the toilet, then wrapping around to the bedroom

I figure they'd design the flats for it, especially considering all these new builds are Prefab. I'm in Plantation Grange, so fairly early batch, so I'll share photos once its done early next year :D

image.png.4a8f8b381feff2e1ce8cc82335eba0a0.png

Edited by journeymangeek

On 2/15/2022 at 8:14 AM, journeymangeek said:

I signed up for that. I'd already decided 

Deciding factors for  me

- I'm likely to have the AC on a *lot* - and least from SP's calculations, cost per year is cheaper

- I don't need to install/maintain a compressor. Its a fairly big thing 

- Upfront cost is lower 

In a 2 room, well, not that many locations that will work. IIRC 

As for location, not many places that we can install "logically" so I ok with the location. (Image of locations for my type 2 flat attached... I suspect it should be vaguely similar for a type 1) 

The 'official' air con ledge is also in a weird place - behind the toilet so I have no idea how they'd do the trunking in that case - do probably out the front of the toilet, then wrapping around to the bedroom

I figure they'd design the flats for it, especially considering all these new builds are Prefab. I'm in Plantation Grange, so fairly early batch, so I'll share photos once its done early next year :D

image.png.4a8f8b381feff2e1ce8cc82335eba0a0.png

Hi,

like you i did consider signing up even before i went to the booth for all the reasons you listed but when i got there i was a bit put off by the "oh but please think of the environment...sustainability spiel" when i said i am not to sure of the trunking running through the length of the front entrance and the location of the ac unit.

Also the window ledge becomes redundant imo (you can put plants if your flat is located well enough though) but i think my superficial reasons outweigh any possible benefits atm hehe. Although i am still on the fence and undecided about what to do... 

i'll look forward to seeing your pics and maybe it will make me rethink, although i don't know when is the latest i can sign up since they are all prefab.

Cheers

Edited by gingoism

I seem to recall its when you make your down payment - so its a bit tight/'risky'. When i got mine, they said need to book at that time since they'll install it before move in.

Since I'm somewhere in the earlier Tengah developments. I was early enough there was no showroom  😅,just very enthusiastic sales people, so I went in sight unseen. 

https://www.daikin.com.sg/products/residential/tengah seems to have an example, and yeah, does seem a bit bulky Not *that* concerned, personally - but yeah, its a chonky one. 

As for the window ledge... Window's in the toilet ._., so either really big window behind my WC, or I can't really use that space. If its accessible might grow plants there but see first. It just seems a bit like "we need to put it *somewhere* but no one's gonna use it right" - as opposed to that well thought it :D 

Looking at my plan, it would go bath -> bedroom -> living room, but the reinforced walls (the dark ones) means you probably would take a route through the bedoom wall adjacent the loo, then out (above?) the bedroom door. I guess neater, but a bit more complicated trunking. 

plan.PNG.5c7eb5f9f3bf5457f5898b9eda149f79.PNG

Edited by journeymangeek

On 9/16/2019 at 9:44 PM, mytinybto said:

Hi! i hope this thread is still active!  i still have a loong wait to collect keys but feeling very excited.

I'm thinking to do very minimal renovation for my Type 1 bto, only the "must-haves". Right now, i'm thinking:

(1) Paint whole house

(2) Install kitchen cabinets, sinks

(3) install curtains, instant water heater, aircon (still deciding between casement or not)

(4) maybe change toilet vanity sink (I've opted for OCS)

Did I miss out anything? Is budget of $3k to $5k possible - i heard it's hard to find contractors to do such small jobs? 

Hello! Have you collected your key yet? I am also thinking of doing minimal and functional reno like you had mentioned. Did you manage to find the contractor who do the small project? Thanks.

On 2/19/2022 at 8:42 PM, journeymangeek said:

I seem to recall its when you make your down payment - so its a bit tight/'risky'. When i got mine, they said need to book at that time since they'll install it before move in.

Since I'm somewhere in the earlier Tengah developments. I was early enough there was no showroom  😅,just very enthusiastic sales people, so I went in sight unseen. 

https://www.daikin.com.sg/products/residential/tengah seems to have an example, and yeah, does seem a bit bulky Not *that* concerned, personally - but yeah, its a chonky one. 

As for the window ledge... Window's in the toilet ._., so either really big window behind my WC, or I can't really use that space. If its accessible might grow plants there but see first. It just seems a bit like "we need to put it *somewhere* but no one's gonna use it right" - as opposed to that well thought it :D 

Looking at my plan, it would go bath -> bedroom -> living room, but the reinforced walls (the dark ones) means you probably would take a route through the bedoom wall adjacent the loo, then out (above?) the bedroom door. I guess neater, but a bit more complicated trunking. 

plan.PNG.5c7eb5f9f3bf5457f5898b9eda149f79.PNG

Ya mine was also during the down payment and signing of lease. But when i told them i couldn't decide and asked if i could sign up at a later stage they said can but not too late , so i got their contact number and just need to call in to confirm if i decide too...actually after some thought i think i might opt for it after all :) also regarding the full figured ac unit, seems like most Daikin ac units have that physique heh, its just their aesthetic i guess. also i was told the trunking will run through the front entrance of the unit due to their chiller locations. 

With regards to the structural walls i think it is allowed to drill and mount things, only cannot hack away those walls. Still looking forward to your pics! :) 

G

On 4/30/2015 at 8:45 PM, mmoh said:
Keat Hong Axis 2 Room

Looking at the propose layout by HDB, seems small yet able to accommodate everything. But...

1. Bathroom... OMG! after shower whole bathroom will be wet! :jawdrop:

Hi mmoh, is it possible to put up a glass shower screen for this type of bathroom? Dual access so might be tricky right?