Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I have a question. I have gotten my keys and I need to do a build-in wardrobe, a cabinet to cover the bomb shelter door and wall and kitchen cabinet. Build-in wardrobe and kitchen cabinet is kind of quite standard designs but I would like the cabinet in the living room to have a curve edge than the usual 90 degrees turn. How should I explain to the contractor or in this case it is better for me to get an ID to help me with it? Normally how much would an ID charge for a 2 room flat? 

Bomb Shelter.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 7/30/2022 at 7:50 PM, Melody2205 said:

My aunt checked the Chinese dates book for me, she said on the day of the key collection I can go open the door as that day is auspicious for me. I don't want to hear too much myths, it's giving me a lot of worries and headache 🤣🤣🤣 I just be positive and go open the door next Tuesday. Wish me good luck! 😄😄😄 Btw I always have a talisman with me in my bag, I hope I'm safe 😆😆😆

hahah, yes as long as you are ok, just go ahead!

Dun listen too much also good. I believe you got your keys and open door le! Congrats!

On 8/11/2022 at 4:47 AM, Melody2205 said:

I have a question. I have gotten my keys and I need to do a build-in wardrobe, a cabinet to cover the bomb shelter door and wall and kitchen cabinet. Build-in wardrobe and kitchen cabinet is kind of quite standard designs but I would like the cabinet in the living room to have a curve edge than the usual 90 degrees turn. How should I explain to the contractor or in this case it is better for me to get an ID to help me with it? Normally how much would an ID charge for a 2 room flat? 

Bomb Shelter.jpg

I am not sure about the cost but I believe when you draw or show a sample to a contractor, they should be able to understand.

I checked my mom house unit, there is not enough space to do the cabinet to cover the bomb shelter. cos the door to the wall where the bomb shelter is at is very narrow. So you might want to check how deep is your door to the wall.

13 hours ago, TriAngel said:

I am not sure about the cost but I believe when you draw or show a sample to a contractor, they should be able to understand.

I checked my mom house unit, there is not enough space to do the cabinet to cover the bomb shelter. cos the door to the wall where the bomb shelter is at is very narrow. So you might want to check how deep is your door to the wall.

At first I wanted to just get contractor, show them the photo and ask them to do it. But the design I want, e.g. the spaces, cubicles, etc may not be the same as the photo. My friends were telling me to go for ID as he/she can help me with the design and I think with proper measurements it will make things easier for the contractor? I don't know. Will ask for quote and see how much is the cost. 

13 hours ago, TriAngel said:

hahah, yes as long as you are ok, just go ahead!

Dun listen too much also good. I believe you got your keys and open door le! Congrats!

Yes, I collected the keys and went to open the door on the same day :D 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 7:23 AM, TriAngel said:

I've checked mine today. The wall behind the door to the bomb shelter is only 17 cm wide. I think also tough to make a partition to cover the bomb shelter with shoe rack inside. Think I may have to forgo this idea. 

Hello everyone! Just gotten back my forgotten password so come in to day hi :)

Sorry to have missed the earlier questions and pm. Those were > 1 year ago so I guess answers are not required anymore. Do ask if you still need.

On 6/7/2023 at 1:33 AM, weixiang said:

Hi Guys,

anyone knows if this red arrow indicated wall is permitted to be hacked off?

TYIA all...!

sdfgsdasdssgf copy.jpg

I don't think you can hack that but I think you can hack the wall in between the 2 bedrooms. But it is strange to leave that "pole" there if you hack the wall. So best to confirm with HDB / ID.

Good that HDB improved on their layout planning. 

Finally my house is ready. Just sharing a review I left for my ID..

We all know sourcing for IDs/contractors can be a stressful journey as there's so much going through our mind.. whether will we get scammed, will there be hidden costs, will the projects be delayed..etc. Mark was introduced by a friend of mine whom painted a nice picture of him. But I wanted to be extra careful; hence, I read up on him and his company. I was surprised to see many good reviews on Facebook, google (no negative reviews..touchwood) and after doing a little bit more "investigation", I decided to get in touch with him. This guy is genuine and true to his work and words. He was practically there for me at every stage of my decision making and throughout the entire journey of the renovation work. I don't know if any other IDs will do what Mark did for me, and I'm truly grateful for that and will forever remember what he has done for me. I'm not going to lie; yes, there were errors and mistakes. He did forget 1 or 2 things, but he maintained his professionalism and was quick to rectify all the problems (not many, just some minor ones). He did not put me in any stressful situations, pressuring moments or made me felt uneasy of the work he have done. I'm just leaving in a 2-room BTO, but the amount of work, discussion, ideas, long nights, and constant meet-ups made me feel as though I was leaving in a Bungalow hahah...that's how committed and dedicated Mark is, and I truly respect him for that. I have absolutely no regrets or whatsoever in engaging Mark and his company, Space Interior Consultancy. Most importantly, he worked within the budget I had. Thank you so much Mark, for what you have done for me. Have a Merriest Christmas and a amazing 2024!

DSC07453-JPG.jpg

Firefly 20231019002233.jpg

DSC07505.jpg

DSC07487RESIZED.jpg

DSC07444-JPG.jpg

IMG-20231022-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20231022-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20231014-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20231011-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20231011-WA0004.jpg

IMG_20230930_170345.jpg

IMG-20230924-WA0016.jpg