Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

You are so lucky, got the BTO on the second try. I had been applying since the rule allowed singles to apply BTO, in July 2013. Every time the BTO opened I apply. For the first 3 times, didn't even get any number "Your number far exceed the available units, pleas try again."

Then the 4th time, got number, but was 3 times available unit. 5th time didn't get number, then 6th time, got 1XX out of 400+ units. Finally managed to secure a unit. And a top floor one. So happy. :D

ehhhh... i got my unit at my 1st try ;p

did not apply in the jul 2013 bto cos dont have the estate i want.

My q # is 51. Looks good hor. But only 47 units available. Lucky to get a unit. High floor too.

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi All!!

Managed to upload.

Floorplan

BTW, also a sis here. LOL.
You guys are lucky, managed to get the BTO. I have been failing since garment allowed Singles for 2-room BTO so decided to look at re-sale.

You are so lucky, got the BTO on the second try. I had been applying since the rule allowed singles to apply BTO, in July 2013. Every time the BTO opened I apply. For the first 3 times, didn't even get any number "Your number far exceed the available units, pleas try again."

Then the 4th time, got number, but was 3 times available unit. 5th time didn't get number, then 6th time, got 1XX out of 400+ units. Finally managed to secure a unit. And a top floor one. So happy. :D

Your experience sounds like 1 of my friend who had been trying for every BTO until he got it, think last year.

Hi All!!

Managed to upload.

BTW, also a sis here. LOL.
You guys are lucky, managed to get the BTO. I have been failing since garment allowed Singles for 2-room BTO so decided to look at re-sale.

yours how many m2?

bedroom indeed is smaller, but you have a bigger kitchen.

Floor Plan

This is my actual unit.

Edited by mmoh

ehhhh... i got my unit at my 1st try ;p

did not apply in the jul 2013 bto cos dont have the estate i want.

My q # is 51. Looks good hor. But only 47 units available. Lucky to get a unit. High floor too.

Wah! One shot one kill? I tried so many times, but I still feel lucky, cos I know a couple of people who also have been balloting since it opened for singles, and still no luck.

Yours is the SOBF that they release in one go? Lucky you. The subsequent SOBF batches singles can't buy. I just went past my future home, still building floors, very slow. :o

LOL, I know I was lucky. But back then, I was really nervous b4 the selection and every day check HDB website for the balance units not selected. Cos it is my 1st time, I am not sure if I will get the chance to choose a unit or not. need minimum 4 pax to drop their selection before I get a chance. And it is a mixture of high and low floor, so have been having dilemma if I only left with low floor to choose, do I still want it?

I also get to choose between 2 different estates, 1 is ready built and can collect keys few months after selection and the other ready in another 4 years. I visited the ready built one and decided against it even though all the units are at high floors because of afternoon sun shining at the living room & bedroom + the block consist of only 2 room and 3 rooms.

So I was really lucky to be able to snatch the last high floor unit at the new BTO estate. I was oversea holidaying with family and can only get my cousin to help to select my unit at HDB. phew~ :thumbs up:

My batch is still consider BTO although they only have 47 units of balance flats thrown out. Dunno also...

during the batch of BTO, I get to choose between Teck Whye (ready built) and Keat Hong. So I chose Keat Hong. Both in CCK in case you are wondering. :)

sad to say that i could only afford a 2 room bto, but glad that bernard from space art id help me makes my flat looks spacious. really like his design. mayb u guys can call him @91917203. very friendly guy

sad to say that i could only afford a 2 room bto, but glad that bernard from space art id help me makes my flat looks spacious. really like his design. mayb u guys can call him @91917203. very friendly guy

Hi Cherry

Welcome! Mind to share a few pics of your new house by your ID? TIA.

I mentioned above that I got my 1st quote from 1 ID at about $18k. That starts myself from thinking... do I want to spent that much of $$ on renovation alone, exclude furniture and electrical appliances...? My answer is a BIG NO! :no:

I started to research more and join Renotalk to read about other people's reno journey.

Inspired by Benetay's TBlog: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/70245-21k-theme-less-3-room-bto/

Do I need a featured TV wall? How much time I spent watching TV? Is there a need for a TV in the 1st place?

Later on, inspired by arnold's TBlog: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/70921-4-room-bto-simple-home/

Platform seems to be a good idea to solve the storage issue? since our floor area is limited, why not look into vertical instead of horizontal?

So far, these are some rough ideas I have. General recommendation is: need to spend time to do homework to know what you want and what you dont want. :D

• Like 1