Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Yay @varying! So happy for you. When are you moving in?! :D

Agree with mmoh there, your kitchen looks really spacious and airy. Partly also cuz of the lighter palette, I think. :) Also love your new gate - having the bars all in one direction makes it so much easier to wipe! Haha.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Varying - Thanks so much for the photos. I just realised that you had the cloths drying rack removed. I will probably do the same - not practical to air-dry clothes in that small kitchen.

Coolbunny

- I think HDB won't allow hacking of toilet wall & floor tiles within 3 years of block completion. Only overlay is allowed.

- Based on my floorplan, my bedroom interior will measure 3.3m by 2.8m. I intend to put my 2m bed length-wise against the 3.3m wall. This leaves 1.3m for a decent sized wardrobe. If I really need more closet space, I can build up (like in the picture below)

IMG_2309-300x225.jpg

Very nice Varying!

Went to MyHome furniture & reno at Expo on Friday. Chatted with 2 IDs.

1 quoted me estimated 17.5k which include - vinyl flooring, kitchen top & bottom cabinets with quartz top, full height wardrobe, shoe cabinet & a display cabinet, hacking of toilet basin, seal up one door & a shower screen. Cost include hacking of toilet & kitchen titles as well. 6k goes to toilet as he said "big project". Keep on asking me to do wall feature in living room which I know I don't fancy. He said it's quite impossiblet to have the wardrobe facing queen size bed lah.... young chap but seem to knows what's he talking about.

Another one everything also can but cannot quote me an estimation cost on the spot. Both said the norm for wardrobe is 60cm (exterior). This one even said it's ok to have the bed facing wardrobe. Width of room 3m, atter deducting 60cm for wardrobe + 190cm bed frame still have 50cm to walk. I asked him sure or not? Don't need to consider thickness of wall meh??? He cannot answer lor!

Still I think my 30k all in should still works.

For the average bed frames, if you were to include the headboard - it usually adds up to at least 2m, so it's probably safer to factor in more just in case...? The walkway between the foot of my bed and my bookshelves at my parents' place is about 35cm at the moment. It's a close shave but not impossible haha. But may be a good idea to consider varying''s type of wardrobe?

Btw folks, heard from my ID that the new pre-mix cement adds about 40% more to the cost of wet works. So if you're referencing a reno quote from before June this year, you may want to keep that in mind. :)

Edited by MsBunny

Cool bunny,

Thanks! Just a simple little home.

Your first quote sounds about right. Toilet is very expensive. Do remember to factor in purchase of toilet bowl, sink, shower etc etc.

It is even more expensive to hack and tile with the new rule of using pre-mix cement.

Why did he say your wardrobe can't face the bed?

Mine is facing my bed......

Ya, I think 17.5k sound reasonable. Can face lah but I left 30-40cm to "crab" around. Lol!

Varying - Thanks so much for the photos. I just realised that you had the cloths drying rack removed. I will probably do the same - not practical to air-dry clothes in that small kitchen.

Coolbunny

- I think HDB won't allow hacking of toilet wall & floor tiles within 3 years of block completion. Only overlay is allowed.

- Based on my floorplan, my bedroom interior will measure 3.3m by 2.8m. I intend to put my 2m bed length-wise against the 3.3m wall. This leaves 1.3m for a decent sized wardrobe. If I really need more closet space, I can build up (like in the picture below)

IMG_2309-300x225.jpg

Oh! Then overlay cheaper than hacking. My bedroom measure 3mx3.55m. Another idea to hack the wall between living room and bedroom. But also playing with the idea of placing the 1.5m width quuen size bed frame along the 3.55m wall. Then I have about 1.3m for my wardrobe.

For the average bed frames, if you were to include the headboard - it usually adds up to at least 2m, so it's probably safer to factor in more just in case...? The walkway between the foot of my bed and my bookshelves at my parents' place is about 35cm at the moment. It's a close shave but not impossible haha. But may be a good idea to consider varying''s type of wardrobe?

Ya, the first ID did factor this in and told me width of queen size bed frame around 2m, deduct wardrobe 60cm & wall thickness I left about 30-40cm.

Varying's type not enough for me leh.....

Yay @varying! So happy for you. When are you moving in?! :D

Agree with mmoh there, your kitchen looks really spacious and airy. Partly also cuz of the lighter palette, I think. :) Also love your new gate - having the bars all in one direction makes it so much easier to wipe! Haha.

Moving in this weekend. Woo Hoo!! Finally!!!

The original gate was rusty, broken and have problem locking. I gave up and had it changed.

Ya, the first ID did factor this in and told me width of queen size bed frame around 2m, deduct wardrobe 60cm & wall thickness I left about 30-40cm.

Varying's type not enough for me leh.....

It's really a small small space for walking.....my mum is regretting it everyday.....

When we wanna vacuum her room, we gotta carry the vacuum cleaner up and crab across to the other side.

Moving in this weekend. Woo Hoo!! Finally!!!

The original gate was rusty, broken and have problem locking. I gave up and had it changed.

Nice....can't wait to move in rite....lol

This weekend is a good time to move cuz it's a long weekend! What great timing. :D Are you hiring movers? Would be interested to find out an average estimate of the cost if you are...

Was gunning for it midways into my reno but I figured I won't make it (true enough). Oh well! :)

varying

- Must be so exciting. I hope you get good neighbours.

- I hope HDB replaced the gate for free.

Ms. Bunny

- You can also consider splitting your wardrobe into two like in the picture below.

- The pre-mix cement will cost more but at least it will deter unscrupulous contractors from using sub-par materials on your floor.

BBG4cropped_336.jpg

xdarrenx - varying is the one with the completed flat. From the pictures posted, she has vinyl flooring in the living room and bed room.