Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Ya! Imagine my reaction when he told me 30k-36k! Faint..... I can do the whole reno + furniture & applicances with this money man!

Even the bedside table he also custom made it. I told him I can buy any pattern I want outside. He said if take out feature wall will deduct about $2k. Still, his quote of $25k+ is sitll on high side, very high!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

even 4 room can make do with $25k...

I think the standard quote from ID for our 45m2 2 room bto with flooring should be around $15k to $18k.

If no feature wall, track lights, false ceilings etc should be lower. of course, depends on what type of material you choose, eg granite or marble will of cos be more ex.

For vinyl, if it is Evorich HERF vinyl, I think the cost from Evorich now is about $6. So it is norm for ID to quote higher. There are other brands quoting $4+.

Guys,

My Vinyl flooring is est 2.2k for room and hall. So...can use it as a gauge for a reasonable quote

Btw....I managed to get the Vinyl contractor's direct contact...

If ahem......PM ......

Hey @varying! How are you enjoying your new place so far? :D

@2Roomer, thanks for the suggestion! :) Didn't know I could do that so not sure how cost effective or viable it is... Will do more reading up for future DIY projects around the house haha.

@coolbunny

Some of the initial quotes I got from the contacts I 'know' (friend's dad's friend and my ex-schoolmate) were in the 40s! So don't be too surprised haha. (Obviously, I dropped them like a hot rock cuz they were almost double my initial budget!)

Personally, I didn't go with the cheapest quote but the one whom I think I can work with best (cuz the design was my own so I needed more of a project manager, so to speak).

Interestingly, the more expensive quotes I got were from the IDs who are more design-based. The project manager types had lower quotes and tend to be yes-men based on my observations from the meetings I've had with them. So it really depends on what you're gunning for.

Good luck in your search! Meet at least a couple to get their vibe. :)

Hey @varying! How are you enjoying your new place so far? :D

@2Roomer, thanks for the suggestion! :) Didn't know I could do that so not sure how cost effective or viable it is... Will do more reading up for future DIY projects around the house haha.

Definately! King of the house! Haha!

Cooking, sweeping, mopping, washing...

Now i know why my mum is always so busy.

hmm.... i am new here. care to show pic for your house or u have already post.

Looking at the flip side of things, all that work saves you a trip to the gym! To be honest, all that cleaning (especially the bathroom!) is the part I'm least looking forward to about moving out haha.

Btw, still waiting for that review of your Braava! :D

Looking at the flip side of things, all that work saves you a trip to the gym! To be honest, all that cleaning (especially the bathroom!) is the part I'm least looking forward to about moving out haha.

Btw, still waiting for that review of your Braava! :D

Totally agreed....

paulinepoh - Welcome to the forum. If you intend to convert your household shelter into a wardrobe, be aware of HDB's restrictions, there are so many! (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10324p.nsf/w/HomeRenoGuidelinesBuilding?OpenDocument#HS). For example, nothing can be nailed to the internal walls, so shelves have to be stand-alone.

varying - Thanks for updating us on the vinyl floor cost. Waiting to see how the ceramic tiles in my BTO turns out but deciding on the vinyl.

hmm.... i am new here. care to show pic for your house or u have already post.

Hi Pauline, are you getting 2 room BTO or resale flat too?