Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

You guys are so lucky to get a 2rm bto! I have been trying for a year and gave up.

Anyways, just an idea. Even though i have a 3rm flat, my living room is really small. Hence, i did not buy a dining table and chairs. Instead, i bought a small table of 55cm height and place it in front of my sofa. Hence, i eat at my sofa. I free up the dining area space for other uses.

Hope this info helps.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You guys are so lucky to get a 2rm bto! I have been trying for a year and gave up.

Anyways, just an idea. Even though i have a 3rm flat, my living room is really small. Hence, i did not buy a dining table and chairs. Instead, i bought a small table of 55cm height and place it in front of my sofa. Hence, i eat at my sofa. I free up the dining area space for other uses.

Hope this info helps.

Hi Troublemaker! Thanks for dropping by. And thanks for the tips.

I need a table, not for dining but more for my PC. So still going to have 1 table for multiple purposes.

Hello everyone,

Glad to found this for 2 room flat owner to share ideas and experience.

My BTO in Yishun will be ready in 2019 and lots of ideas been running through my mind.

Though its another 4 years to go, I have thoughts of hacking down the bedroom wall and sliding door. Is this recommended?

I understand some choose to have 2 entrance for the bathroom but I like to seal up 1 of the entrance from the kitchen.

2 Room BTO

Edited by oktopussy

not eligible for grant too so... no diff.

omg, i got giddy watching that 2 room video...

mmoh, I wonder why you got giddy so I watched that video too and I'm now also giddy! Lol!

Hi Troublemaker! Thanks for dropping by. And thanks for the tips.

I need a table, not for dining but more for my PC. So still going to have 1 table for multiple purposes.

Me too! Need a dining cum working table. For our small place I think a 1.2m or max 1.5m fit well.

Hello everyone,

My BTO in Yishun will be ready in 2019 and lots of ideas been running through my mind.

Though its another 4 years to go, I have thoughts of hacking down the bedroom wall and sliding door. Is this recommended?

I understand some choose to have 2 entrance for the bathroom but I like to seal up 1 of the entrance from the kitchen.

Welcome oktopussy to our family! I'm so jealous leh! Seem like the new BTO 2 rooms much bigger hor! Width of bedroom 3250mm, mine only 3000mm! Living room & kitchen length also longer man!

Hello everyone,

Welcome oktopussy! :dancingqueen: ya, seems almost everyone of us gonna seal 1 door.

mmoh, I wonder why you got giddy so I watched that video too and I'm now also giddy! Lol!

hahahaha! :bleah:

not advisable to put any bathtub..there is limited space there.

I intend to, but of course, not full size one. Not even the 2m kind. I am looking at those wooden ones from taobao, about1.3m, the sitting kind. :D

Not sure how you guys are going to take this news, it seems that singles applying for the forthcoming Sep 2015 BTO will enjoy much higher housing grants.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_24082015_ANNEX%20C/$file/ANNEX+C.pdf

I think it is okay. We all can't enjoy it, but I think other singles would be happy to get any help they can. But I think, usually, when you reach the age of 35 (the age where singles are eligible to buy), you'd have accumulate a bit of CPF, and also your pay-wise, whouldn't be too shabby. So I reckon most of the singles would be out of the income cap for the grants.

Welcome oktopussy to our family! I'm so jealous leh! Seem like the new BTO 2 rooms much bigger hor! Width of bedroom 3250mm, mine only 3000mm! Living room & kitchen length also longer man!

Thanks coolbunny! Does that makes alot of difference? Cos measurement may look bigger but perhaps somewhere somehow will 'eat' back the space.

Welcome oktopussy! :dancingqueen: ya, seems almost everyone of us gonna seal 1 door.

hahahaha! :bleah:

Thanks mmoh! Sealing up 1 door seems like a wise choice.

I am not sure if its do-able but I like the idea of having a balcony for tea/breakfast area. Any advise from existing home owners?

Since I'm gonna live alone with 2 cats, I have so many ideas :idea: but with limited space :jawdrop:

Should I hack the wall between living room and bed room? Is there space for walk in wardrobe?

Do I need a dining area? (I may want to invite close friends to chillax)

It would be lovely to have a cat climbing wall like this at 1 side of the wall.

modular Cat climbing wall 2

modular Cat climbing wall 1

I am not sure if its do-able but I like the idea of having a balcony for tea/breakfast area. Any advise from existing home owners?

Since I'm gonna live alone with 2 cats, I have so many ideas :idea: but with limited space :jawdrop:

Should I hack the wall between living room and bed room? Is there space for walk in wardrobe?

Do I need a dining area? (I may want to invite close friends to chillax)

It would be lovely to have a cat climbing wall like this at 1 side of the wall.

I am also thinking of doing that for my bedroom, so that during the day, I can keep the door closed, and keep the kitties in one room. But really depend on how big my room is.

My dining table is my sofa table, which means that i eat while watching tv. :)

Once you don't have a dining table, you can convert that area to be your study area.

I got my study table from ikea.

I think fortytwo.sg is a good place to shop for cheap furniture.