Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

wahahaha! not that low lah, the ceiling. standard HDB flat is abt 2.6m leh.

i am also abt same height as u :x and why shrinking?

Hahahaha cos turning lao zhabor in 2019 and women are also more prone to osteoporosis as we age. I was telling my friends that I might hold my 40th birthday bash cum house warming at the new flat's void deck.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hahahaha cos turning lao zhabor in 2019 and women are also more prone to osteoporosis as we age. I was telling my friends that I might hold my 40th birthday bash cum house warming at the new flat's void deck.

aiyo! 36 only! still young lah!

ceiling fan ok lah, but not ceiling fan + false ceiling.

I plan to install ceiling fan in living room cos ceiling fan seriously has better air circulation function than standing fan. initially planning to install ceiling fan in bedroom also but read some post said bad for fengshui as it sucks the qi from body. so probably will settle with a wall fan in bedroom.

Oh! I was thinking to install ceiling fan in both living room & bedroom + aircon in both rooms. But I also imagine what if the fan fell on me when I am sleeping. Lol! Will suck qi from body ah? Hm....

That type of ceiling fan with light one. Do you gals think it is bright enough for the whole room?

@mmoh, this fortytwo hor, are they online shop? I saw dining table on website I like but want to see actual stuff. But seem no showroom leh.

Oh! I was thinking to install ceiling fan in both living room & bedroom + aircon in both rooms. But I also imagine what if the fan fell on me when I am sleeping. Lol! Will suck qi from body ah? Hm....

That type of ceiling fan with light one. Do you gals think it is bright enough for the whole room?

@mmoh, this fortytwo hor, are they online shop? I saw dining table on website I like but want to see actual stuff. But seem no showroom leh.

I plan to get the fan + light one. shd be fine depends on how many watt is the bulb.

ya, online shop. read others review 1st. >$200 = free shipping

This is how my dining cum sofa table looks like:

gallery_59611_304_65762.jpg

The measurements are W95cm x 60cm x H60cm.

This picture shows half the size of my living room... My living room is really that small!!!

just finish reading your t-blog, very information but lack of Pictures! lol!

How r u staying in your new home for 1 yr now?

Those interested can read here: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/64578-bachelorette-on-budget/

I tried buying a shoe rack from fortytwo for my parents' home few months back and is satisfied with their service and quality so far.

Wah! You managed to find my blog!

I did some stuff around the house myself... it was pretty fun though... :P

These are the final photos!

This is a picture of my MBR bathroom. The bathrooms are really small! I have since changed the bathroom doors because the quality really sucks... The previous doors are aluminium but they started to give way and are slanted until they touched the floor! Very unacceptable and the contractor was making excuses to change them for me. So, I decided to change to UPVC doors from SiongDoor. It has been 6 months and no slanting of the doors at all!

gallery_59611_304_131793.jpg

This is a picture of my small kitchen.

gallery_59611_304_174476.jpg

I managed to find a shelving unit besides my slim fridge!

gallery_59611_304_306948.jpg

Due to the limited space, this is the best that I can do! :P

I am not sure if its do-able but I like the idea of having a balcony for tea/breakfast area. Any advise from existing home owners?

Since I'm gonna live alone with 2 cats, I have so many ideas :idea: but with limited space :jawdrop:

Should I hack the wall between living room and bed room? Is there space for walk in wardrobe?

Do I need a dining area? (I may want to invite close friends to chillax)

It would be lovely to have a cat climbing wall like this at 1 side of the wall.

Omg! Hi @oktopussy!

Crazy cat lady here! Hahaha.

That cat wall...SO MUCH WANT. It's a project I'd like to take on diy after I move in. :D

talking abt aircon, need to check with u guys.

I need a unit for bedroom definitely, but not so sure abt living room. so is there system 1?

varying and msbunny install aircon in both bedroom n living room?

My place came with a single aircon in the MBR, but I installed ceiling fans for both bedroom and living. :)

I'm used to the fan even though there's an aircon in my room over at my parents' place haha. Even in recent months when it's been warmer, I don't get past the slowest fan speed, so I'm pretty sure that's enough for me...

And a big hi to all the new joiners! I feel like I'm missing a huge chunk of convo here haha. Welcome!

Adding some photos to this 2room thread for future references...

Photo_19_8_15_9_36_21_am.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_29_23_pm.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_39_14_pm.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_40_04_pm.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_45_58_pm.jpg

Photo_19_8_15_12_47_36_pm.jpg

My inspiration design for walk in cabinate... not sure doable if i hack away the living room wall and extend my open concept living +bed room... anyone to give me their thoughts?

Edited by rainbow1979

I will install aircon in the bed room area for hot days. Not sure if living area is needed. But I will definitely install ceiling fans in both.

I'm not an aircon person especially at home. I like it airy. Right now I'm staying on 28th floor, so windy and no need for aircon. But my 2 room at Yishun is on the 4th floor. I don't know what to expect.

Same here. I don't really use air con, my parents' place don't have air con, I'm used to using a fan.

I also thinking of ceiling fan but my fren ask me not to do it....coz it might be too low and dangerous for me. So maybe get those standing fan or tower fan.

It's funny, but I don't really like a ceiling fan either. Probably also because I like the flexibility of a floor fan. :D

Here's my layout

avidbto.jpg

Anyone seen this and feel inspired to have hidden storages and murphy bed?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153538429237280

My layout is similar to you, and yes, I already posted my video of how I want to use the murphybed/hiddenbed design.