Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Can't wait to see how your place turn out!!! Can we get housewarming?!?!? :D

Haha. Can can~ Once my cat and I have moved in and settled down nicely, I'd be happy to have a mini 2-roomers gathering. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Am I too ambitious ar? :help:

I know its a long way ahead and new ideas/designs may surface but for now this is what I would like to have.

Interestingly, there are 2 pictures in your plan that I have on Pinterest for inspiration when I was doing my own space planning! I think we may have very similar ideas hehe.

Looking forward to more of your ideas! You may want to get more exact measurements cuz sometimes the space looks bigger on paper... Like how I wanted an island in my kitchen - it looked feasible on the floor plan but when I got my keys and was looking at the space, I realise it was close to impossible and I had to scrape the idea. :( That's one of the few things on my wishlist that I didn't manage to fulfill.

I like the concept! I also have an idea like your 'balcony idea', but really need to see how big our place is, otherwise, the cat wall and balcony might become very cramped.

Ya man else I will forgo the living area also. roll out mats and sit on the floor :bleah: looking at the HDB showroom, it seems like doable but again the real thing may be different.

I think the WIW will need much more space that what you have agar in the drawing. It will probably take up > half of your room with 2 rows of cabinet + walking space. Assuming wardrobe width is 450 x 2 and you need 900 walking space, adds up already 1800.

Thanks for your advise mmoh. Will have to reconsider the size for WIW.

Interestingly, there are 2 pictures in your plan that I have on Pinterest for inspiration when I was doing my own space planning! I think we may have very similar ideas hehe.

Looking forward to more of your ideas! You may want to get more exact measurements cuz sometimes the space looks bigger on paper... Like how I wanted an island in my kitchen - it looked feasible on the floor plan but when I got my keys and was looking at the space, I realise it was close to impossible and I had to scrape the idea. :( That's one of the few things on my wishlist that I didn't manage to fulfill.

I am thinking of putting an island in my kitchen too. But I think, would have to be one of those movable table counter kind, like this:

Hi Troublemaker,

what is your size of your 2 room?

Your unit is quite different from the current BTO.

Mine is a 3rm resale flat. However, it is really small as compared to other resale flats in the market, especially my living and kitchen.

That is why i posted some pictures here, to give anyone some ideas on how to save some space.

@ Troublemaker, wow nice...love your fridge too...

Thank you. I had a hard time finding this fridge. This is the slimmest fridge (365litres) that i managed to find as my kitchen is pretty small.

You guys can consider this fridge if your kitchen is as small as mine! Its W59cmxD63cmxH181cm.

Thank you. I had a hard time finding this fridge. This is the slimmest fridge (365litres) that i managed to find as my kitchen is pretty small.

You guys can consider this fridge if your kitchen is as small as mine! Its W59cmxD63cmxH181cm.

Ok ok...will ask you for more details on the fridge if my kitchen is as small as urs.

Salute u for your DIY projects. Read your blog and salute again! :sport-smiley-003: power girl!

I know the sense of satisfaction but lao niang me too lazy hahaha....off topic abit. many years ago I want to make myself a patch blanket. shapes and fabrics all cut and only managed to patch up 2 pieces and i left it there for the longest time. :no: tsk tsk tsk...

Thanks! :D I enjoy diy and craft... (When I have enough time and don't feel lazy hahaha)

I don't start until I've had enough tea with Mr P (for procrastination) cuz I'm a perfectionist and won't stop till I get it all right.

I am thinking of putting an island in my kitchen too. But I think, would have to be one of those movable table counter kind, like this:

I thought of doing that with carpentry initially leh! But bearing in mind my budget, I decided to only go with 1 nice-to-have for each area of the house and the island was not it for the kitchen, so I had to strike it off my wishlist with a tiny tear in my eye boohoo. :(

Mine is a 3rm resale flat. However, it is really small as compared to other resale flats in the market, especially my living and kitchen.

That is why i posted some pictures here, to give anyone some ideas on how to save some space.

How small is small @Troublemaker? :o How many m2?

Btw. which area is your place at? I'm quite curious about the newer 3-room flats... When I was looking for my place, all the ones in the West I viewed were like 20 years old at least. So I wonder where all the newer 3-rooms are. Haha.

Has anyone seem some of the designs on this?

I think the first 2 are familiar, but the rest are new ideas we might be able to incorporate into our little home. I like #10!

http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/53089934?utm_source=Houzz&utm_campaign=u1680&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gallery0

I posted no. 3 before! And still love no. 3!

Edited by mmoh

How small is small @Troublemaker? :o How many m2?

Btw. which area is your place at? I'm quite curious about the newer 3-room flats... When I was looking for my place, all the ones in the West I viewed were like 20 years old at least. So I wonder where all the newer 3-rooms are. Haha.

Its only 64sqm. It is in Taman Jurong area. I think i only have an extra common room and bathroom niah...

Oh well... i just don't have as much luck as you guys! 😢

Amusing read, this:
http://www.brit.co/what-your-astrological-sign-says-about-your-decor-style/

And quite accurate for me too! (Scorpio haha) :D

I posted no. 3 before! And still love no. 3!

I've also seen and loved the concept behind #3 but on second thought, I do wonder whether the pull-out wardrobe would work after it's full of clothes... Might take a fair bit of effort to pull it out, you think?

Its only 64sqm. It is in Taman Jurong area. I think i only have an extra common room and bathroom niah...

Oh well... i just don't have as much luck as you guys!

Wah! If I'd known there were newer 3-rooms there, I may have searched a lil harder! :bangwall:(My impression of Taman Jurong were all old flats lol)

@ Msbunny

Agree, once your wardrobe full of clothes you will need some effort to pull it out unless the mechanism good enough to make it easy for pulling.

@ Troublemaker

Well...look at all those DIY thingy u hv done, you should be proud of it...I very impressed.

I've also seen and loved the concept behind #3 but on second thought, I do wonder whether the pull-out wardrobe would work after it's full of clothes... Might take a fair bit of effort to pull it out, you think?

haha, I not so keen on the pull out wardrobe part but generally impressed with the space utilisation idea. and dont think that pull out wardrobe can contain all my clothes either :x

Amusing read, this:

http://www.brit.co/what-your-astrological-sign-says-about-your-decor-style/

And quite accurate for me too! (Scorpio haha) :D

Wah! If I'd known there were newer 3-rooms there, I may have searched a lil harder! :bangwall:(My impression of Taman Jurong were all old flats lol)

pretty accurate for Sagittarius too! my failed patch blankets and house filled with plants hehe ...