Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

mmoh

That infamous 2-door bathroom!

Good explanation on your bathroom dilemma.

Perhaps you can show us how your shower area looks like.

It's funny that HDB's sanitary fittings package don't include a bidet spray.

Here you go.

Shower Corner

Shower

Basin

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ya, may just use portable induction. see how the design 1st bah.

so far all my quotes are around the range of $15k. your requirements much more?

Now bathroom I will do shower curtain instead of shower screen, can reduce more. Hopefully to be within 12k or even reduce to 10k :D

1. Kitchen cabinets with solid surface
  2. 3 ft Full height shoe cabinet
  3. 11 ft Platform day bed
  4. 5 ft Bedroom wardrobe
  5. Kitchen door
  6. 335sq ft vinyl flooring - 1 of my neighbour is selling vinyl, may get it from him at about $2k
  7. Painting - my friend do free for me :good:

Think the above should be about it. So my reno contractor / ID only doing 1 to 5.

Ya, I have more requirement.... certainly going to seal up bathroom door at kitchen side, shift basin & have a 900mm x 900mm shower screen which my ID confirmed can be done. But this cannot be done without shifting the basin.So most of the cost go to my bathroom. Kitchen also quite ex cos I want a built in oven & a foldable table at the area I seal up the bathroom door.

My vinyl flooring about 350sq+- & cost around $2275. Painting so far cheapest $1k.

Waiting to see how J&E quote. But I cannot contact them now cos they want to see actual unit to quote.....

how much is your cost on the bathroom?

My biggest spending is the living room platform day bed with book shelves at 1 side cost abt $2.5k.

how much is your cost on the bathroom?

My biggest spending is the living room platform day bed with book shelves at 1 side cost abt $2.5k.

My cost for bathroom alone :

ID 1 $6,850.75

ID 2 $4,090.00 (if took up package already $12k which include other stuffs)

ID 3 $5,355.00

Did an excel table for comparison. ID 1 is way too ex, out! ID 2 is more reasonable. ID 3 some stuffs not included like ID 2 so I think if add up will be even more.

ID 2 take into consideration of dismantle basin, WC, other factors but not ID 3. ID 2 tiles cap at $3.

When ID 3 told me total quote is $17k I very happy until I realised a lot of things not quoted are under "optional" and this add up to a bomb! When I asked him wow your tiles cap at $2.20 only ah? He immediately said can upto $2.80.

Edited by coolbunny

Congrats!! Now the journey starts!

First time stepping onto the estate that I will call home in the future... trying to find the correct route cos some places are still fenced up. Pass by contractors sitting around and they will catch any passerby and ask if they need reno service.

reaching my block and saw these stone table and chairs. I like! :good: There are 2 such tables and chairs at the void deck. Talking about the void deck, it has toooooo many beams which you need to turn left turn right to get to the lift lobby. Unlike older HDB blocks which are quite straight forward.

hahaha, nothing much to see except that the contractors had already started their advertisement.

Living room is relatively big. I am satisfied. My ID commented that my living room is actually bigger than my 3 room neighbour's living room. Which I verified correct as I went to take a look at the 3 room unit which my ID is renovating.

Standing at the main door looking left to the kitchen. Can you see my neighbour's kitchen window? >_<

View from Living Room. I was there at about 4.30pm and it is quite windy. No afternoon sun as the sun is shining on my main door at this timing. I am lucky to have the gap in between the 2 blocks as the win came from the direction. That is the ITE west u see at the further distance away. I believe the plots of land will be occupied by high rise HDB flats...

Bedroom. I seriously got a shock when I see the actual size of the bedroom. According to the floor plan, size of bedroom is 3575 x 3150. i thought that is still ok but looking at the actual size, I realised that the whole room will be taken up assuming i place a queen size bed in the middle with 2 bedside table. Then I would have no space to place other furniture at all. Of course, I am not going to put a queen size bed. I think you all can see from the picture on the width.

Here you go.

That window is seriously large, like exhibitionist large! lol!!! But on a good note, ventilation is not going to be a problem. For the relocation of the basin, would that have to be done with an approval from HDB?

That window is seriously large, like exhibitionist large! lol!!! But on a good note, ventilation is not going to be a problem. For the relocation of the basin, would that have to be done with an approval from HDB?

If I rmb correctly, the size is 120 x 80. Ventilation not a problem, privacy is. LOL!

yes. think will need to get hdb permit.

Update on Cement Screed / Smooth Floor Rendering (SFR) as HDB calls it.

About 1 week before my key collection, I wrote email to HDB to request for cement screed for my unit. HDB officer call me few days later to inform that they have approved my request. HDB Branch Office (BO) will call me 1 week after my key collection to arrange for the screed to be done. I have requested for an email approval but the officer insisted that this is not necessary as I am collecting keys in the next few days. I asked her what if HDB BO do not call me? She advise me to call her back.

Anyway, 2 weeks after my key collection and still no update from HDB BO. So this morning I call their hotline and they informed that there is no record in their system. They will forward my request to the relevant PIC for my block and given me his contact details in case he did not get back to me.

Before 12noon, the PIC called me and informed that HDB HQ did not send any info over to them. Anyway, he said that I will need to fill in a form and submit the form together with the padlock key to HDB CCK BO so that they can process it. He also ask if I am getting my units selected during the initial BTO or 2015 balance unit. It seems that if you select the unit during the initial BTO and choose to not to opt in for flooring and if you select units in 2015, HDB will not approve your cement screed appeal. He also mentioned that HDB now no longer provide free cement screed for BTO owners.

So, I am going to HDB CCK BO to submit the form tomorrow and see how fast they will do the cement screed for me.

Edited by mmoh

Update on Cement Screed / Smooth Floor Rendering (SFR) as HDB calls it.

About 1 week before my key collection, I wrote email to HDB to request for cement screed for my unit. HDB officer call me few days later to inform that they have approved my request. HDB Branch Office (BO) will call me 1 week after my key collection to arrange for the screed to be done. I have requested for an email approval but the officer insisted that this is not necessary as I am collecting keys in the next few days. I asked her what if HDB BO do not call me? She advise me to call her back.

Anyway, 2 weeks after my key collection and still no update from HDB BO. So this morning I call their hotline and they informed that there is no record in their system. They will forward my request to the relevant PIC for my block and given me his contact details in case he did not get back to me.

Before 12noon, the PIC called me and informed that HDB HQ did not send any info over to them. Anyway, he said that I will need to fill in a form and submit the form together with the padlock key to HDB CCK BO so that they can process it. He also ask if I am getting my units selected during the initial BTO or 2015 balance unit. It seems that if you select the unit during the initial BTO and choose to not to opt in for flooring and if you select units in 2015, HDB will not approve your cement screed appeal. He also mentioned that HDB now no longer provide free cement screed for BTO owners.

So, I am going to HDB CCK BO to submit the form tomorrow and see how fast they will do the cement screed for me.

Thanks Mmoh for sharing the feedback. I'd suggest you have any future requests or dealings with them in written email form so as to safeguard yourself should anything arises in the near future. As for those BTO units chosen in the year 2015, does this mean that cement screening will not be approved or i've read that wrongly? Or we have to purchase the prepacked cement mix from them for our contractors instead? Thanks again and i do hope they will carry out your request asap :)

Thanks Mmoh for sharing the feedback. I'd suggest you have any future requests or dealings with them in written email form so as to safeguard yourself should anything arises in the near future. As for those BTO units chosen in the year 2015, does this mean that cement screening will not be approved or i've read that wrongly? Or we have to purchase the prepacked cement mix from them for our contractors instead? Thanks again and i do hope they will carry out your request asap :)

That is what I understand from the officer, that HDB has removed the smooth floor rendering services for BTO from 2015 onwards.

In future, you need to get your contractors to do the 3-in-1 waterproofing cement screed.

HELLO FELLOW RENOTALK USERS!

STAND A CHANCE to win $100 CASH VOUCHER by participating in RENOTALK'S PEOPLE CHOICE AWARD!

All you need to do is sign in & vote for ONE of your favorite renovation design! ONE lucky winner will be chosen from the MOST popular project!

Valid from 2nd November 2015 - 15th November 2015.

That is what I understand from the officer, that HDB has removed the smooth floor rendering services for BTO from 2015 onwards.

In future, you need to get your contractors to do the 3-in-1 waterproofing cement screed.

Thanks Mmoh for the clarification. :) I've a strong feeling that will be a costly thing.

varying! have you moved into your new house?

More pictures! pls! :D

Hihi mmoh,

Sorry for late reply. Been travelling.

yeah! shifted in. But shuttling between mum's and mine (weekday/weekend deal).

Will upload photos on sat when i am back at my place.

Congrats on your place! Whereabouts is it?

looks like you be able to move in before CNY.

Thanks Mmoh for the clarification. :) I've a strong feeling that will be a costly thing.

I think for our 2 room flat, it may cost abt $2k+

Hihi mmoh,

Sorry for late reply. Been travelling.

yeah! shifted in. But shuttling between mum's and mine (weekday/weekend deal).

Will upload photos on sat when i am back at my place.

Congrats on your place! Whereabouts is it?

looks like you be able to move in before CNY.

great! wait for your pictures!

I will reno after CNY and wont be moving in for now.