Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I think for our 2 room flat, it may cost abt $2k+

great! wait for your pictures!

I will reno after CNY and wont be moving in for now.

mmoh is very accurate on the cost. I have 2 IDs quoting slightly less than $2k.

Btw mmoh, have you received J&E quote? Please do share. Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

not yet. I am not chasing either.

Somehow, got the feeling that they are not very keen, lol. Maybe becos I am only going to reno next year so they also not eagerly following up. I have another contractor recommended by another RT member also did not follow up with his quote after > 1 week... Let me continue to wait bah.

Most importantly, I have already met 1 ID whom I felt comfortable talking to, so it seems that I have more or less decided to use them.

I think the ID/contractor selection is probably going to be the most tiring part of the whole reno journey.. I am not looking forward to that.

Other than the waiting part, of course.

keep thinking how slow everything is. then I look back, and realised, it is more than a year since that day selected my unit. Time passed it a very strange manner.

Still. I am cheering for my flat to build faster.. :P

Thanks Mmoh for sharing the feedback. I'd suggest you have any future requests or dealings with them in written email form so as to safeguard yourself should anything arises in the near future. As for those BTO units chosen in the year 2015, does this mean that cement screening will not be approved or i've read that wrongly? Or we have to purchase the prepacked cement mix from them for our contractors instead? Thanks again and i do hope they will carry out your request asap :)

My neighbour updated an email reply from HDB: "We wish to inform you that HDB has ceased the Goodwill Smooth Floor Rendering since Oct 2014. However, we will consider your appeal and inform you the outcome.

So I think the newer BTO will not get their SFR.

I think the ID/contractor selection is probably going to be the most tiring part of the whole reno journey.. I am not looking forward to that.

Other than the waiting part, of course.

keep thinking how slow everything is. then I look back, and realised, it is more than a year since that day selected my unit. Time passed it a very strange manner.

Still. I am cheering for my flat to build faster.. :P

Actually, meeting the ID/contractor is fun. Cos u get different ideas.

You only waited for 1 yr +, still long to go... I have waited 22 months since Dec 2013 from my selection date. My neighbours waited 3.5 years from the initial BTO application, so about 3 years since their flat selection.

You only waited for 1 yr +, still long to go... I have waited 22 months since Dec 2013 from my selection date. My neighbours waited 3.5 years from the initial BTO application, so about 3 years since their flat selection.

Ya, I agreed. So far I met 4 IDs. With one chopping carrot, one who is very experience who will give useful suggestion, one a yes man to everything I want (without providing pros & cons of my idea) & the last one who is quite young but said what matter most is I must feel comfortable with the end result. So I actually combined all their ideas.

I selected my unit Jan 2014. Wow, going to 2 years liao. Hopefully I can get my unit Q2 or Q3 next year cos some blocks already started painting liao. But not in a hurry to move too. I think my mum will miss my nagging after I moved. Lol!

But not in a hurry to move too. I think my mum will miss my nagging after I moved. Lol!

hahaha! So you are the one nagging at ur mum...

hahaha! So you are the one nagging at ur mum...

Yup! I nag her more than she nag me. Sometimes she will chase me out of the house to have some peace or she go out to have her peace. Lol!

I certainly do hope more 2roomers BTO will blog about their reno experiences. From the archives it seems that only a few do post up of their journey.

Is there any? Can you provide the link?

I tried to search beginning of the year but couldnt find any, only got Andotang's recent tblog.

I have been waiting to have my own home since the first time I worked overseas, 9 years ago!

Waited till I am 35. Always meant to buy my own place. Just happened, the time when HDB relaxed the rules was after my 35th birthday. So I had been balloting since the applications opened for singles. And I balloted like 10-11 times, then finally I got a good number. So I already lost track of how long I have been longing for the moment, I can step into a place, and call it my own.

I certainly do hope more 2roomers BTO will blog about their reno experiences. From the archives it seems that only a few do post up of their journey.

I certainly hope so too. I kept reading those 4-roomers and 5-roomers complaining about how small their place is, and I want to laugh. :D

About time we 2-roomers show them, what 'small space' really is. hahahaha..

Is there any? Can you provide the link?

I tried to search beginning of the year but couldnt find any, only got Andotang's recent tblog.

Mmoh, well a 'few' meaning only 1 actually which u've just mentioned Andotang. The other is a blog somewhere out there which doesn't clearly showcase the potential of a 2room BTO. Waiting for yours to kickstart the 2room frenzy reno!! lol :P

I have been waiting to have my own home since the first time I worked overseas, 9 years ago!

Waited till I am 35. Always meant to buy my own place. Just happened, the time when HDB relaxed the rules was after my 35th birthday. So I had been balloting since the applications opened for singles. And I balloted like 10-11 times, then finally I got a good number. So I already lost track of how long I have been longing for the moment, I can step into a place, and call it my own.

I certainly hope so too. I kept reading those 4-roomers and 5-roomers complaining about how small their place is, and I want to laugh. :D

Kyooko, I definitely know what u mean. For us 2 roomers, it's like cracking our brains completely to just furnish and still have the layout as spacious as possible. But let's look on the bright side.

• Our bathroom is much larger than the bigger sized units
  • Two large doors on our bathroom; easy access if u just have to do a last minute 'choco cake' in the middle of cooking
  • There is a large window in the bathroom. Good thing about windows is that it opens up the space and not feel so claustrophobic
  • Small floor area equates to less household chores = more free personal time
  • We pay a fraction of what bigger units would cost like and it's still a cosy home; in short it costs lesser than a Toyota Camry!

Facing that 'small space' problem right now!!! My new sofa swallows up half of my living room. :( My place is looking tinier and tinier...

In other news, my cat and I are moving in this weekend and spending the next 3 days lazing at home! :D

LOL @ Wild ginger. Actually there is 1 more, from MsBunny. Link to her blog can be found on page 1 of this thread. But she hasnt been updating since Sep 7...

Guys & Gals, pls dont put high hope on my BTO cos first and foremost, I am not moving in, at least for the next few years, hence reno and furnishing will be quite minimal and I am not those who will decorate / spent hours on the furnishing type.

Ok, MsBunny posted some updates while I am typing this reply...

Facing that 'small space' problem right now!!! My new sofa swallows up half of my living room. :( My place is looking tinier and tinier...

In other news, my cat and I are moving in this weekend and spending the next 3 days lazing at home! :D

Is your kitty better now?

Well, there is a good and bad thing about having oversized furniture in our tiny nests lor.

LOL @ Wild ginger. Actually there is 1 more, from MsBunny. Link to her blog can be found on page 1 of this thread. But she hasnt been updating since Sep 7...

Guys & Gals, pls dont put high hope on my BTO cos first and foremost, I am not moving in, at least for the next few years, hence reno and furnishing will be quite minimal and I am not those who will decorate / spent hours on the furnishing type.

Ok, MsBunny posted some updates while I am typing this reply...

Sigh, I was hoping to get more 'experience' from you, our quick hand quick leg 2roomer. Not like we got a lot of other references lor. If I didn't remember wrongly, MsBunny's unit shaped very different from the conventional 2-room layout. So I was hoping to get more photos from you, mmoh. :D