Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

thanks mmoh. Not exactly cat lover, but definitely love to play with pets. My Mickey Mouse condo is based in Serangoon. Maybe I just feel uncomfortable talking to ID without having seem my unit. The floor plan did not include any dimension which make things more challenging. I am always having the impression that most Reno companies don't really like to do Mickey Mouse project since the profit margin is much lower compared to those 4 5 rooms unit.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

your floor plan has no dimension? If I rmb correctly, you should be given a hard copy floor plan with dimension when you select your unit.

Without dimension, no one will entertain you lah. But if case you really cannot find, write in to HDB to request a soft copy.

There are some ID / contractors who are willing to give a quote with your floor plan and you tell them what you want, but yes there are some who requested to view the actual unit to take measurement before they gives out quote. Of cos, there are also some who even came to view actual unit take measurement then dont give quote.... :(

Yes there are challenges for us to get a company who is willing to do small projects but I have seen contractor who is even willing to do just the kitchen cabinets for $3k in my bto.

My Nice Home Gallery, HDB's showflats at Toa Payoh, is undergoing a renovation refresh & will reopen on 1 Feb 2016. That's something to look forward to. The 3 sets of space-saving beds previously on display there are on sale (http://www.spaceman.com/collections/sale#axzz3woXDocnK).

Thanks for the information, 2roomer! :)

Wonder which floorplan will HDB use for the new 2 room showflat.

My Nice Home Gallery, HDB's showflats at Toa Payoh, is undergoing a renovation refresh & will reopen on 1 Feb 2016. That's something to look forward to. The 3 sets of space-saving beds previously on display there are on sale (http://www.spaceman.com/collections/sale#axzz3woXDocnK).

Thanks for the info.

Too bad I can't get it now. No place to put.

Some updates.

I applied for HDB's smooth floor rendering (SFR) on 31 Oct 2015. Was informed that it will take 4 to 6 weeks by the counter staff.

On 14 Dec, the contract called me to inform that they are working on 1 unit in the morning and should be able to start working on mine after noon. I told him that I am working and not able to be present. Of course, they dont need my present as I have already provided my number lock to HDB so they can actually enter my unit without my presence. I insisted for them to come another date where I propose 18 Dec as I am on leave. Contractor said he will check with his workers and let me know again. I waited for 2 days before calling the contractor to confirm if he is coming on 18 Dec but he did not pick up the call nor returning the missed call.

On 18 Dec, as I was doing health screening at 9am, the contractor called to inform that his workers are already at my unit and started work. I got no choice but to inform my vinyl to contractor to go down to supervise the workers. Too bad his wife just deliver a cute boy and is discharging from the hospital that day. So I rush down after I am done with the health screening and it was already 12.30pm. The works were all done and completed! Only 1 Indian worker is sitting outside and waiting for dunno what. I asked him and he said all is done. I open the door and see that the cements are still wet and of course not able to enter.

Picture of the SFR after it has dried.

Cement Screed 1

Cement Screed 2

Cement Screed 3

Edited by mmoh

Flooring

I have decided to use Vinyl since quite long ago.

1. Free SFR from HDB - this can save about $2k
  2. Good review from friends who have used Vinyl
  3. New neighbour from same BTO is selling vinyl, get assurance from him - anything wrong very easy to find him :bleah:

Yup, so I have decided to get the vinyl from my new neighbour. He is selling this brand call Earthwerks High Eco Resilient Vinyl planks. I have shortlisted 2 design: Oak Floss and Euro Oak.

After viewing pictures of both designs and the actual Oak Floss, I have decided on Oak Floss.

Vinyl

didnt hdb ceased doing cement screed foc sometime back?

Yes they did. But they still do it foc for those who choose to lay vinyl, parquet, laminates. not for tiles. At least for now.

does anyone know if the wall (red) can be removed?

http://i.imgur.com/YrLKDRy.jpg

can. Only those in dark bold black strips cannot be removed. Wild Ginger, Sendski and Ankle all wanted to remove that wall.

mmoh

- Good to get a progress update from you. I thought we wouldn't get any updates till after Chinese New Year as all IDs and craftsmen are winding down their projects for the holidays.

- Although I opted for HDB's ceramic tiles, I don't want to deal with dirty gout lines & will probably do a overlay with these high-end vinyl planks. Do you know if these planks can be laid out such that the "wood grains" runs continuously? Or are the planks laid out in a random matter?