Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 11 September 2016 at 0:11 PM, 2Roomer said:

Welcome to the club! You got a good location, there's a hawker centre & LRT nearby right? But there is a long wait between flat selection and key collection. I think most of us in this forum are just waiting and planning for the space in our flat.

Thanks thanks :D

Yup, I chose a unit that is within walking distance to all the different amenities. And yeah, gotta wait another six years before key collection. In the meantime, I will do the necessary research for the renovation.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 12/09/2016 at 3:18 PM, daztan89 said:

Hi guys, think I'm the latest member of this forum.

Gotten my number (45) for selection this friday (16/09/16) for EastCreek @ Canberra for 2 room (47sqm)..

Just a question for the "qian bei"s here. Is it ideal to do up carpentry for this?

Hi daztan89 - You got a good queue number and should be able to get the unit you want.  My queue number was 44, that was almost 2 years ago (wait & wait).  Your BTO kitchen & bathroom layout is so much more user-friendly than the earlier batches.  Is your platform bed layout meant for the bedroom, living room or a combo? During your selection, HDB should give you a floor plan with some basic measurements which should help you plan your furniture layout.:D

On 9/10/2016 at 11:35 AM, Liza Hassan said:

Hello fellow 2-roomers!

I have finally chosen my unit during the May 2016 BTO selection. Will be residing at Bukit Panjang :)

Hope to share my journey with you guys and perhaps, get some inspiration from you folks too!

Welcome Liza! Time flies so u will get ur house soon!

On 9/12/2016 at 3:18 PM, daztan89 said:

Hi guys, think I'm the latest member of this forum.

Gotten my number (45) for selection this friday (16/09/16) for EastCreek @ Canberra for 2 room (47sqm)..

Just a question for the "qian bei"s here. Is it ideal to do up carpentry for this?

contemporary-bedroom_260415_03.jpg

contemporary-bedroom_260415_14.jpg

I like the design too but I seriously dunno whether is this good or not, highly depends on individual preference. 1 thing I dun like is the feeling of claustrophobia.

I did platform for living room and I like to open windows whenever I m at home, so every time I need to step up to the platform and stand on the platform to open the window cos kneeling will be painful.  so i gotta shift my ceiling fan further away from the platform for safety reason. So if you will be opening your window very often this is 1 practical consideration.

Cleaning may be an issue cos while u clean the cabinets, the dirt may drop onto the bed. And changing bedsheet will be a headache too.

23 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

Hi daztan89 - You got a good queue number and should be able to get the unit you want.  My queue number was 44, that was almost 2 years ago (wait & wait).  Your BTO kitchen & bathroom layout is so much more user-friendly than the earlier batches.  Is your platform bed layout meant for the bedroom, living room or a combo? During your selection, HDB should give you a floor plan with some basic measurements which should help you plan your furniture layout.:D

I'm doing a partition wall at the living room because I'm staying with my dad, so that's why I'm interested in building that combi bed wardrobe.. Can't tear down the dividing wall. 

So 2roomer, you going to get your key soon?

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

Welcome Liza! Time flies so u will get ur house soon!

I like the design too but I seriously dunno whether is this good or not, highly depends on individual preference. 1 thing I dun like is the feeling of claustrophobia.

I did platform for living room and I like to open windows whenever I m at home, so every time I need to step up to the platform and stand on the platform to open the window cos kneeling will be painful.  so i gotta shift my ceiling fan further away from the platform for safety reason. So if you will be opening your window very often this is 1 practical consideration.

Cleaning may be an issue cos while u clean the cabinets, the dirt may drop onto the bed. And changing bedsheet will be a headache too.

I was thinking the same thing too.. but this design attracts me alot so... Haha.. I'm currently using a loft bed, so think this might feel the same bah.. 

23 hours ago, daztan89 said:

I'm doing a partition wall at the living room because I'm staying with my dad, so that's why I'm interested in building that combi bed wardrobe.. Can't tear down the dividing wall. 

Hi daztan89 - I think you found a qian-bei in mmoh. The reason I posed the question earlier is cos there might not be much space left in the bedroom after you installed the platform bed. My dad isn't officially staying with me but will visit often. I plan to have either 2 single beds or a trundle bed (top super single, bottom single) in the bedroom. The estimated completion date for my BTO is early 2018 but I am hoping it is earlier.

On 9/14/2016 at 10:17 PM, daztan89 said:

u got the floor plan of ur future home?

53 minutes ago, 2Roomer said:

Hi daztan89 - I think you found a qian-bei in mmoh. The reason I posed the question earlier is cos there might not be much space left in the bedroom after you installed the platform bed. My dad isn't officially staying with me but will visit often. I plan to have either 2 single beds or a trundle bed (top super single, bottom single) in the bedroom. The estimated completion date for my BTO is early 2018 but I am hoping it is earlier.

good and bad, but if daztan u decided to go ahead, u can do away with the top carpentry part cos I think that part quite useless.

my current design allows 1 pax to stay over using my platform. if more than 1 pax, gotta sleep on the floor. talking about this, seahorse 2" 3-fold mattress always got promo at $19, good buy :D.

2roomer, i think the bedroom allows 2 single bed but then there might not be enough space for wardrobe. trundle bed then u need to allocate space beside ur bed. another possibility is double deck bed.

1 hour ago, 2Roomer said:

Haha.. I see I see.. Seeing how the recent few BTO, I think you should be getting soon.. ^^

7 minutes ago, mmoh said:

u got the floor plan of ur future home?

good and bad, but if daztan u decided to go ahead, u can do away with the top carpentry part cos I think that part quite useless.

my current design allows 1 pax to stay over using my platform. if more than 1 pax, gotta sleep on the floor. talking about this, seahorse 2" 3-fold mattress always got promo at $19, good buy :D.

2roomer, i think the bedroom allows 2 single bed but then there might not be enough space for wardrobe. trundle bed then u need to allocate space beside ur bed. another possibility is double deck bed.

Haven't get yet.. I'm choosing mine tml.. I'm planning to reduce the size, maybe to a super single or something. I was planning to remove the top also, maybe can install a smaller ceiling fan or something if I decide not to install aircon.. I'm not sleeping with my dad in the same room, is planning to partition a smaller room from the living room.. Don't really need a big living room cause me and my dad don't really watch from tv that much.

mmoh, saw from the previous posts that you have received your keys. From your experience, if I install my idea into the bedroom, still got space for a office desk?

12 hours ago, daztan89 said:

Haven't get yet.. I'm choosing mine tml.. I'm planning to reduce the size, maybe to a super single or something. I was planning to remove the top also, maybe can install a smaller ceiling fan or something if I decide not to install aircon.. I'm not sleeping with my dad in the same room, is planning to partition a smaller room from the living room.. Don't really need a big living room cause me and my dad don't really watch from tv that much.

mmoh, saw from the previous posts that you have received your keys. From your experience, if I install my idea into the bedroom, still got space for a office desk?

Good luck!

I would not recommend a ceiling fan for platform as you will be able to touch the blades which is very dangerous. Depends on the measurement of your unit, see what is the measurement after you have chosen your unit bah.

Using my unit as an example, yes, I would have enough for desk. my bedroom measure at 3575 at the opp wall from door.

My reno considered finished after getting electrician to add more sockets so that I just need plug in once to vacuum the whole unit . :D

but still got many small and household items need to buy...

My favourite corner with curtain

Cozy Corner.jpg

Picket & rail tables and temporary loaned chairs, they came 2nd time to replace the chairs, deliver my missing bedside table and replace side rail and foot board as there are defects.

Table.jpg

Small kitchen become smaller after fridge and washing machine

Kitchen.jpg

Note: for washing machine, I have purchased stands to level up the washing machine. 1) the existing pipe provided by HDB is quite tall, need to level up the washing machine so that water level is higher and can drain properly. Remember to buy the bigger one.  If not, you may need to get your contractor to saw part of the pipe away. 2) more space so easier to clean if necessary.

My cozy corner after adding some cushion and carpet bought from TB :good:

favourite corner.jpg

Have been buying alot from TB via ezbuy these few weeks. making use of the prime $2.99 shipment membership. Placed 3 orders already and spent >$700 to date for new and current house. expecting more online purchase and spending more $$... >_<

Edited by mmoh

• Like 1

mmoh - Congratulations on your flat completion. 

Unfortunately, I can't build a bay window lounge area similar to yours since my bedroom door slides into one of the living room walls.  A sliding door does save space in the living room though. Where did you buy your washing machine stand? Can you provide a picture of it? The prices and varieties in TB (via ezbuy) are impressive but it can be tough searching for products.

I would rather not subject my middle-age body to climbing up and down a double decker bed everyday. :lol: But seriously, I have done some calculations and should be able to squeeze 2 single beds and a modest wardrobe in the bedroom.

large.Bedroom2.jpg

Edited by 2Roomer

1 hour ago, 2Roomer said:

mmoh - Congratulations on your flat completion. 

Unfortunately, I can't build a bay window lounge area similar to yours since my bedroom door slides into one of the living room walls.  A sliding door does save space in the living room though. Where did you buy your washing machine stand? Can you provide a picture of it? The prices and varieties in TB (via ezbuy) are impressive but it can be tough searching for products.

I would rather not subject my middle-age body to climbing up and down a double decker bed everyday. :lol: But seriously, I have done some calculations and should be able to squeeze 2 single beds and a modest wardrobe in the bedroom.

large.Bedroom2.jpg

Thks 2roomer :D

I bought the stand from the shop that sell usual household items. I think most of them sell it. When I go to my house tomorrow I will take the picture.

Depends on the layout of your bedroom, I am sure u can house 2 single beds. If the bathroom door is as the right bottom corner as per your picture, then yes, a small wardrobe is possible. Mine not possible at the facing cos my bathroom door is at the middle of the wall instead of at the right.

On 9/18/2016 at 1:25 PM, 2Roomer said:

Where did you buy your washing machine stand? Can you provide a picture of it?

hope this is clear

washing machine stand.jpg

On 2/3/2016 at 0:39 PM, Pauline Poh said:
On 2/3/2016 at 11:56 AM, evozero said:

hi everyone,

new here, was lucky to get a 2-room BTO flat in sembawang [specifically, EastLink @ Canberra], estimated completion 2019

have started collecting article and photos in evernote

floorplan below

fV7Z99Q.jpg

hope to learn tips and tricks from advice here :yeah:

this is the 38sqm 2 right?

Hi Evozero ,

I have the same floorplan.