Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

23 hours ago, mmoh said:

hope this is clear

mmoh - Thanks for the picture. I can definitely use the blocks for my washing machine and even the refrigerator. It's better than getting a contractor to construct a permanent concrete base.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hello fellow 2-roomers!! i'm new here..gonna live in Woodland Glenn once it's complete (sign on April 2014). Now i'm just waiting for my key collection. should be soon i hope. Thank you all for sharing all the info here. Thanks to the post starter!!

attach is my floor plan:

floor plan.jpg

Edited by DrewTan

1 hour ago, DrewTan said:

Hello fellow 2-roomers!! i'm new here..gonna live in Woodland Glenn once it's complete (sign on April 2014). Now i'm just waiting for my key collection. should be soon i hope. Thank you all for sharing all the info here. Thanks to the post starter!!

attach is my floor plan:

floor plan.jpg

Welcome DrewTan!  Think u gonna collect your keys next year?

You have a big kitchen! I like the layout of your which is long, ie. you will have long cabinets where you will have plenty of table top space.  And the position of the bathroom door towards bedroom. You probably have space for a 5 ft wardrobe and queen size bed if you want. :) 

Hi mmoh!! so nice to hear from your!! thank you for keeping up this page! learn a lot just by reading here. i don't really know how big is my future kitchen (i hope it's big enough for me cos i wanna cook). below is a photo look like my kitchen 

d1c002_ff84e569162744ffa6ff7f37abec354d.jpg

my kitchen.JPG

This is what i have in mind for my room. Platform bed with table (no top shelving). hope my room is big enough for a Q size bed, i will also build a L shape wardrobe if possible. 

3-18.jpg

8 hours ago, DrewTan said:

Hi mmoh!! so nice to hear from your!! thank you for keeping up this page! learn a lot just by reading here. i don't really know how big is my future kitchen (i hope it's big enough for me cos i wanna cook). below is a photo look like my kitchen 

d1c002_ff84e569162744ffa6ff7f37abec354d.jpg

my kitchen.JPG

I think for length, you have enough but not sure about the width. u only have 2150 external width, minus the wall and the partition, u probably have enough for washing machine + some extra space but not oven.

7 hours ago, DrewTan said:

This is what i have in mind for my room. Platform bed with table (no top shelving). hope my room is big enough for a Q size bed, i will also build a L shape wardrobe if possible. 

3-18.jpg

your room is 3450 external length, queen size bed will take up about 1600, that left only half of the room for your table + wardrobe. assume table is 450 and wardrobe is 600, that left only 700 max for your chair. This also means that you will not have walking space beside the queen size bed.  if u take sliding door for wardrobe still ok, casement door then u need to shift the chair whenever you want to open wardrobe door.  If u can accept a 4.5/5 ft wardrobe, suggest not to do L-shape wardrobe becos 1) not much use 2) very crowded bedroom

On 27/09/2016 at 8:55 PM, DrewTan said:

attach is my floor plan:

floor plan.jpg

Hi DrewTan - You should be getting your keys very soon. Congratulations. Hope you can keep us updated on your renovation progress whenever you can. Your flat is a corner unit, right?

On 25/09/2016 at 11:05 PM, evozero said:

Hi evozero - I like the decors of the homes on Apartment Therapy. The homeowners inject their unique personality and heart into their apartments, something that a hired interior designer cannot do.

7 hours ago, mmoh said:

I think for length, you have enough but not sure about the width. u only have 2150 external width, minus the wall and the partition, u probably have enough for washing machine + some extra space but not oven.

your room is 3450 external length, queen size bed will take up about 1600, that left only half of the room for your table + wardrobe. assume table is 450 and wardrobe is 600, that left only 700 max for your chair. This also means that you will not have walking space beside the queen size bed.  if u take sliding door for wardrobe still ok, casement door then u need to shift the chair whenever you want to open wardrobe door.  If u can accept a 4.5/5 ft wardrobe, suggest not to do L-shape wardrobe becos 1) not much use 2) very crowded bedroom

Thank you so much for your enlighten me. Yes, the platform will reach about 1700, table not a wide one and i shall not do L shape instead & just a normal 5 ft wardrobe with sliding door.  think i can have a little walk space..

3 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

Hi DrewTan - You should be getting your keys very soon. Congratulations. Hope you can keep us updated on your renovation progress whenever you can. Your flat is a corner unit, right?

Hi 2 Roomer! yes, i'm waiting for the letter, should be this yr end or next yr Jan. so far only a few contractor get back to me.. most contractor don't wanna do small project. Most of the work is focus in the kitchen & room. dinning area not gonna do much as i wanna keep it spacious. my flat is not a corner unit.. my Q number too far behind and not much to choose from.

10 hours ago, DrewTan said:

Thank you so much for your enlighten me. Yes, the platform will reach about 1700, table not a wide one and i shall not do L shape instead & just a normal 5 ft wardrobe with sliding door.  think i can have a little walk space..

Please also note that 3450 is external measurement, havent deduct the wall so your internal measurement will be reduced.

10 hours ago, DrewTan said:

Hi 2 Roomer! yes, i'm waiting for the letter, should be this yr end or next yr Jan. so far only a few contractor get back to me.. most contractor don't wanna do small project. Most of the work is focus in the kitchen & room. dinning area not gonna do much as i wanna keep it spacious. my flat is not a corner unit.. my Q number too far behind and not much to choose from.

to speed up the information for key collection date, you can search for your BTO on facebook, normally pple will create facebook group and share information.  You can also log in to HDB to check new flat status as normally they update HDB website earlier than you receive physical letter.

13 hours ago, mmoh said:

Please also note that 3450 is external measurement, havent deduct the wall so your internal measurement will be reduced.

to speed up the information for key collection date, you can search for your BTO on facebook, normally pple will create facebook group and share information.  You can also log in to HDB to check new flat status as normally they update HDB website earlier than you receive physical letter.

Thanks mmoh..noted..i have actually join the woodlands glenn FB page.. the info there is very up to date. better than HDB website actually.