Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

10 hours ago, Melvin Kin said:

Too near rubbish dump. Later ppl Anyhow throw

no choice ah, only left the last high floor unit during my turn.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
10 hours ago, mmoh said:

no choice ah, only left the last high floor unit during my turn.

True also.  Just pray good neighbors Nia. BTW second appointment need what Ah?  Only ic and sign Nia right. 

I think got some people branded us 2roomers + rental unit as nothing but mishapen and twisted individuals..
LOL
Or maybe just the rented block area. 

Worrisome And annoyed at normal people.

Should i discard my Bukit panjang before they ask me go down for 2nd appointment? LOL...

9 hours ago, Melvin Kin said:

True also.  Just pray good neighbors Nia. BTW second appointment need what Ah?  Only ic and sign Nia right. 

I dont understand why you need to ask this question here. Just follow whatever HDB instruct you.

1 hour ago, Melvin Kin said:

I think got some people branded us 2roomers + rental unit as nothing but mishapen and twisted individuals..
LOL

Should i discard my Bukit panjang before they ask me go down for 2nd appointment? LOL...

This is the first time I see such impression but if you are so concern, then yes, please do give up your 2 room bto and go buy a condo, give those who keep on applying yet not even given a Q number a chance for their dream home. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Melvin Kin said:

LOL

If this is how ppl "branded" the 2 roomers + Rental Unit tenants, then I must be both already (mishaps? and twisted).

Cause I'm currently staying in a 1-room rental, and I'm applying a 2-room with my dad. Plus, I'm staying in the most happening estate in Singapore, YISHUN!!!!

Why go bother you into thinking what other ppl thinks? Unless you yourself think the same as well. Then in this case, I will agree with sis mmoh and advise you to go let go of your unit.

We are all here to share ideas for our flats, not to lead into discussions like this....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mmoh said:

I dont understand why you need to ask this question here. Just follow whatever HDB instruct you.

This is the first time I see such impression but if you are so concern, then yes, please do give up your 2 room bto and go buy a condo, give those who keep on applying yet not even given a Q number a chance for their dream home. 

Well said MM....

56 minutes ago, daztan89 said:

If this is how ppl "branded" the 2 roomers + Rental Unit tenants, then I must be both already (mishaps? and twisted).

Cause I'm currently staying in a 1-room rental, and I'm applying a 2-room with my dad. Plus, I'm staying in the most happening estate in Singapore, YISHUN!!!!

Why go bother you into thinking what other ppl thinks? Unless you yourself think the same as well. Then in this case, I will agree with sis mmoh and advise you to go let go of your unit.

We are all here to share ideas for our flats, not to lead into discussions like this....

@daztan89 I couldn't agree more... 2 thumbs up...

2 hours ago, Melvin Kin said:

LOL

@Melvin Kin if you are so anal abt how ppl look at you as a 2 roomer, I do agreed with MM, please give up ur 2 room bto and give it to other ppl who really appreciate it. Please dun come here and stir ****.

15 PAP town councils to increase service and conservancy charges from June 1

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/15-pap-town-councils-to-increase-service-and-conservancy-charges-from-june-1

"Phased over two years, the first tier increase takes effect from June 1 and ranges from $0.50 to $9 per month for HDB one- room to executive flat home-owners.

The second tier increase will take effect a year later, with HDB flat owners paying $0.50 to $8 per month.

The 15 Town Councils are: Ang Mo Kio, Bishan-Toa Payoh, Chua Chu Kang, East Coast-Fengshan, Holland-Bukit Panjang, Jalan Besar, Jurong-Clementi, Marine Parade, Marsiling-Yew Tee, Nee Soon, Pasir Ris-Punggol, Sembawang, Tanjong Pagar, Tampines and West Coast.

Last year, one- and two-room HDB households received a total of three months of rebates, while three- and four-room households got two months of rebates."

-------------------------

during such times, I am happy that I am a mere 2-room owner :D

• Like 1

Hello everybody!! Hello MMoh!! :D

MMoh! Your flat is so beautifullllllllllllll! But how come your apt looks so enormous? There is so much floor space! When I went to HDB showflat, I practically could only do pirouettes. In the bedroom must walk sideways like crab.

I've attached pics of wooden bathroom flooring that I mentioned last year. I had wanted uniform vinyl flooring in the entire apt for consistency, otherwise the flat comes with bi-fold door, sliding door, diff coloured flooring in bathroom and kitchen, then my own vinyl flooring for bedroom and living room, looks like lego land.

Does anyone have problems getting answers from the assigned relationship manager? My questions get ignored for months by the lady unless I email central helpdesk to notify of no reply by the relationship manager for months.

images (1).jpg

images (2).jpg

Someone was asking about cement rendering? I got this reply from CPF:  We wish to clarify that with effect from 1 Oct 2014, the HDB has ceased to provide the Smooth Floor Rendering (SFR) service that had previously been provided on a goodwill basis upon request. We are sorry we are unable to provide the SFR for your new flat. 

Does anyone have ideas how to fit a sliding screen / L-shaped sliding door in a square-shaped 38m2 flat? I have been tinkering with diff designs & dimensions, but if there is a glass screen in the bathroom, it seems there is no space for me to enter the bathroom??? The bathroom is square-shaped, around 1.6m x 1.6m

Good morning everyone :)

Does anyone know if my plan to knock down the walls marked with a red X would work? I live on the top floor, so I don't understand why there are walls (not in black) that enclose space in the blueprint. I think they are walls for piping? 

I would also like to build a shoe cabinet next to the front door, indicated in blue, because there is no space inside the flat near the front door to build any shoe cabinet. 

I had asked the relationship manager all these questions in last year in Oct, but no reply as usual, so I emailed central support who forwarded the query to her, only then did she email back that she will ask and revert, but already 4 months and still no reply. It is like this with all queries - does anyone have issues with getting answers from their relationship manager or are responses very prompt? I appealed to change the relationship manager or just get ANYONE from HDB customer service to answer the queries, but HDB said the relationship manager cannot be changed and are supposed to handle all BTO queries of a particular precinct. 

Also, a sidenote, seeing the bathroom is square (~1.6 x 1.6m) and small, does anyone have ideas how and where to put the glass screen so the shower doesn't splash onto the toilet area? I initially wanted an L-shaped shower screen, but due to lack of space, I would be very happy even with one glass partition to separate the wet shower from the dry toilet floor. I also need to squeeze in a sink, that's why I can't really put a glass divider in the middle of the bathroom?

Thank you everyone! :)Image result for bathroom toilet shower glass screen

38sm floorplan top floor - remove walls outside bathroom.jpg

Hello beautiful people =)

I was admiring all the beautiful modifications to bathrooms, but I am curious how the sanitary fittings were rearranged within the bathroom?

I am still waiting for replies from last year (I just resent the queries, asking for anyone else except the relationship manager to help please) before I can go to ID (or can I just approach now? One ID turned me down as he only wanted to work with me if I am collecting keys in 3 months. That leaves me with no time to look around or negotiate contracts!) to tell them what I envision and get their opinions.

I ask this because I got this reply from HDB:  You will not be able to rearrange the layout of the toilet, hand wash basin and shower in the bathroom due to compliance with PUB's requirement of the maximum distance (2.5m) of the length of discharge pipe (from the floor waste/ floor traps) to the discharge stack at the air-con ledge. Rearranging the position of the sanitary fittings, floor traps and floor waste will also compromise waterproofing in the bathroom walls and floors.

Is this TRUE??? 

Weekend hugs and kisses <3

12 hours ago, studioflatter said:

Hello everybody!! Hello MMoh!! :D

MMoh! Your flat is so beautifullllllllllllll! But how come your apt looks so enormous? There is so much floor space! When I went to HDB showflat, I practically could only do pirouettes. In the bedroom must walk sideways like crab.

I've attached pics of wooden bathroom flooring that I mentioned last year. I had wanted uniform vinyl flooring in the entire apt for consistency, otherwise the flat comes with bi-fold door, sliding door, diff coloured flooring in bathroom and kitchen, then my own vinyl flooring for bedroom and living room, looks like lego land.

Does anyone have problems getting answers from the assigned relationship manager? My questions get ignored for months by the lady unless I email central helpdesk to notify of no reply by the relationship manager for months.

Thanks! :D I have to say I was lucky to have a big living room but I gotta sacrifice for a small kitchen.

Actually I find it perfectly fine to have vinyl in bedroom + living room while having tiles in kitchen + bathroom. If not you can get wooden design homogeneous tiles for your bathroom and kitchen, dun forget ur household shelter if you want uniformity. but of cos H/S no one would notice.

12 hours ago, studioflatter said:

Someone was asking about cement rendering? I got this reply from CPF:  We wish to clarify that with effect from 1 Oct 2014, the HDB has ceased to provide the Smooth Floor Rendering (SFR) service that had previously been provided on a goodwill basis upon request. We are sorry we are unable to provide the SFR for your new flat. 

Does anyone have ideas how to fit a sliding screen / L-shaped sliding door in a square-shaped 38m2 flat? I have been tinkering with diff designs & dimensions, but if there is a glass screen in the bathroom, it seems there is no space for me to enter the bathroom??? The bathroom is square-shaped, around 1.6m x 1.6m

U meant HDB right? Although HDB states they stop providing SFR from Oct 2014, those BTO before Oct 2014 still has high chance of getting FOC SFR. 

L-shaped shower screen can be 80 - 90cm length and width, so I think it should fit nicely into your bathroom. get those sliding doors on both panel and it opens at the corner one as I dont think your bathroom can take those swing door type.

1 hour ago, studioflatter said:

Does anyone know if my plan to knock down the walls marked with a red X would work? I live on the top floor, so I don't understand why there are walls (not in black) that enclose space in the blueprint. I think they are walls for piping? 

I would also like to build a shoe cabinet next to the front door, indicated in blue, because there is no space inside the flat near the front door to build any shoe cabinet. 

I had asked the relationship manager all these questions in last year in Oct, but no reply as usual, so I emailed central support who forwarded the query to her, only then did she email back that she will ask and revert, but already 4 months and still no reply. It is like this with all queries - does anyone have issues with getting answers from their relationship manager or are responses very prompt? I appealed to change the relationship manager or just get ANYONE from HDB customer service to answer the queries, but HDB said the relationship manager cannot be changed and are supposed to handle all BTO queries of a particular precinct. 

Also, a sidenote, seeing the bathroom is square (~1.6 x 1.6m) and small, does anyone have ideas how and where to put the glass screen so the shower doesn't splash onto the toilet area? I initially wanted an L-shaped shower screen, but due to lack of space, I would be very happy even with one glass partition to separate the wet shower from the dry toilet floor. I also need to squeeze in a sink, that's why I can't really put a glass divider in the middle of the bathroom?

Thank you everyone! :)

Answer to all your 3 red X is NO. The front door part is obvious, that is the boundary of your unit. You also cannot build a cabinet at the blue area but you can but a shoe cabinet and place it there if it does not block the passage way. BUT, beware of thieves. The one in the kitchen is where the washing machine drainage piping goes. The one in between the living room and bedroom is actually the DB box, where it house your unit's main switch and ONT. It is in a form of cabinet properly done up by HDB. You can put planks so that you can used it as a small storage cabinet.

1 hour ago, studioflatter said:

Hello beautiful people =)

I was admiring all the beautiful modifications to bathrooms, but I am curious how the sanitary fittings were rearranged within the bathroom?

I am still waiting for replies from last year (I just resent the queries, asking for anyone else except the relationship manager to help please) before I can go to ID (or can I just approach now? One ID turned me down as he only wanted to work with me if I am collecting keys in 3 months. That leaves me with no time to look around or negotiate contracts!) to tell them what I envision and get their opinions.

I ask this because I got this reply from HDB:  You will not be able to rearrange the layout of the toilet, hand wash basin and shower in the bathroom due to compliance with PUB's requirement of the maximum distance (2.5m) of the length of discharge pipe (from the floor waste/ floor traps) to the discharge stack at the air-con ledge. Rearranging the position of the sanitary fittings, floor traps and floor waste will also compromise waterproofing in the bathroom walls and floors.

Is this TRUE??? 

Weekend hugs and kisses <3

True. but slight modification is still allowed. eg. I shifted my basin closer towards the wall but I did not touch the drainage pipe location.

btw, can combine all your posts into 1 post in future? -_-" this thread getting longer and longer and new members dun wan to read the old pages cos too long liao...

Edited by mmoh

On 2/18/2017 at 10:18 AM, studioflatter said:

Thank you everyone! :)Image result for bathroom toilet shower glass screen

38sm floorplan top floor - remove walls outside bathroom.jpg

@Kitchen those walls conceal the duct pipes, eg. Gas, Sewage, Drain and PUB pipes. Checked with various IDs I sourced could not hack those as it is against HDB rulings.

@Living/Bedroom those walls housed DB Points, eg. Electricity Circuit Breaker, Telephone Line, Fiber/Ethernet Point, SCV Point. You may choose to hack those provided the costs of re-wiring would eat up your overall reno budget; as I found out it may be feasible to do so but could not guarantee its lifetime warranty.

Edited by andye2SG
Typo error