Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi 2 roomers!

Finally here to pop in to say hi after spending whole day of reading 84 pages in order to catch up with all posts.. All posts are very helpful!

A quick introduction.. yes another "bunny".. In case mmoh is wondering, it is another (f) ;P Will be getting 2 room BTO Type 2 (47m) in Bukit Batok this year (4Q) but though I wish to get it earlier than TOP, I prefer its construction company to go at normal rate to ensure good quality and no defects! Don't rush, please.

My first innocent question.. Are any of you using online website/software to design your home? I am currently using http://www.roomsketcher.com but yet to upgrade to get more features because i would like to see if there are actually other better home design software/website than roomsketcher.com

Thanks in advance! =)

17 hours ago, andye2SG said:

Any better idea besides my sketch-up?

• Pic #1: General Renovation Works
  • Pic #2: Ceiling & Lighting Works, and
  • Pic #3: Carpentry Works

[3] Carpentry Only.png

hi, I think you got quite an interesting layout here.

Living room - instead of partition wall, you can actually do a full height shoe cabinet. if your intention is also for privacy, then that shoe cabinet should serve the purpose.  Note that there is casement door in the DB cabinet so if you put your computer table there, it might block the door.

Kitchen - I suspect you might need to switch your fridge and washing machine location. Cos my washing machine drainage pipe is located right beside the rectangle where all the pipes goes to. At first glance on your layout, I think this layout suits a bar counter type of kitchen, at the place where kitchen and living room connects. This will probably gives you the dining area but you will not be able to do the L-shaped cabinet with sink liao. If you do not plan to have door for kitchen then maybe you can consider bar top / dining table at that location.

3 hours ago, greenbunny said:

Hi 2 roomers!

Finally here to pop in to say hi after spending whole day of reading 84 pages in order to catch up with all posts.. All posts are very helpful!

A quick introduction.. yes another "bunny".. In case mmoh is wondering, it is another (f) ;P Will be getting 2 room BTO Type 2 (47m) in Bukit Batok this year (4Q) but though I wish to get it earlier than TOP, I prefer its construction company to go at normal rate to ensure good quality and no defects! Don't rush, please.

My first innocent question.. Are any of you using online website/software to design your home? I am currently using http://www.roomsketcher.com but yet to upgrade to get more features because i would like to see if there are actually other better home design software/website than roomsketcher.com

Thanks in advance! =)

hello to another bunny! ya after reading through 84 pages you know what my response will be to another bunny! LOL!!! :good: Another BB! near near and Q4 this year is very soon!

I did not use any sketch software although I did download sketchup, too complicated for my simple mind -_-" . I only use ppt with simple rectangles to illustrate to ID the positioning. What andye2SG used there seems quite straight forward.

Edited by mmoh

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mmoh said:

hi, I think you got quite an interesting layout here.

Living room - instead of partition wall, you can actually do a full height shoe cabinet. if your intention is also for privacy, then that shoe cabinet should serve the purpose.  Note that there is casement door in the DB cabinet so if you put your computer table there, it might block the door.

Kitchen - I suspect you might need to switch your fridge and washing machine location. Cos my washing machine drainage pipe is located right beside the rectangle where all the pipes goes to. At first glance on your layout, I think this layout suits a bar counter type of kitchen, at the place where kitchen and living room connects. This will probably gives you the dining area but you will not be able to do the L-shaped cabinet with sink liao. If you do not plan to have door for kitchen then maybe you can consider bar top / dining table at that location.

hello to another bunny! ya after reading through 84 pages you know what my response will be to another bunny! LOL!!! :good: Another BB! near near and Q4 this year is very soon!

I did not use any sketch software although I did download sketchup, too complicated for my simple mind -_-" . I only use ppt with simple rectangles to illustrate to ID the positioning. What andye2SG used there seems quite straight forward.

HaHa. Don't tell me the foyer area is where my common toilet housed! Not only you comment it; other IDs I visited during my reno shopping too finds it weird. 

Good morning :)

Just happened to see this link below about the designs for homes below 50 sqm. Quite an interesting read.

I have since made the 10% downpayment and now, is the waiting game till 2021!

I'm getting excited reading everybody's updates and pictures. As much as I wanna start asking for quotes/designs, I gotta hold myself back since taste might eventually change down the road.

Happy planning folks!

• Like 1

Is it true that we are not allowed to hack bathroom wall for 3 years? You see, I plan to reposition door entry from right to left so that I can put vanity cabinet for my wash basin. See my floor plan. Btw, I plan to seal bedroom-side door for the sake of wet/dry bathroom and also to prevent moisture from invading my bedroom. Mould, go away!

2RmBTO.jpg

7 hours ago, yingzy said:

hi, new here too.

really like how the bedroom is done up in #9.  are we allowed to do platform beds in 2m?

Hi hi.. Yes Yes, it's allowed to do platform beds.. You can check out @andotang's t-blog.. Super nicely done 2room flat!! ^^

13 minutes ago, greenbunny said:

Is it true that we are not allowed to hack bathroom wall for 3 years? You see, I plan to reposition door entry from right to left so that I can put vanity cabinet for my wash basin. See my floor plan. Btw, I plan to seal bedroom-side door for the sake of wet/dry bathroom and also to prevent moisture from invading my bedroom. Mould, go away!

2RmBTO.jpg

yup yup.. According to HDB, if you hack the toilet wall before the 3 years end, the warranty for the toilet will be voided. If I'm not wrong.

12 hours ago, andye2SG said:

HaHa. Don't tell me the foyer area is where my common toilet housed! Not only you comment it; other IDs I visited during my reno shopping too finds it weird. 

that yes, but also the layout. cos if u see all our floor plan, mostly are squarish with kitchen bathroom and bedroom on 1 side and living room taking the other side. whereas yours sort of space it out with kitchen at the other side of the living room. your layout is the only one so far that has potential for a bar top counter.

8 hours ago, yingzy said:

hi, new here too.

really like how the bedroom is done up in #9.  are we allowed to do platform beds in 2m?

actually according to HDB rules, if I read it correctly, that type of platform bed is not allowed. If the platform is like andotang, where there is no storage, then yes, it is allowed. If there is storage beneath the bed like #9 and what MsBunny had, then it is not allowed. I dunno why the issue of storage space is such a concern to HDB but ya, that is what I interpret in their reno rules on platform. But of cos, many pple including me do it anyway so... :D 

Edited by mmoh

On 17/02/2017 at 9:18 PM, mmoh said:

15 PAP town councils to increase service and conservancy charges from June 1

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/15-pap-town-councils-to-increase-service-and-conservancy-charges-from-june-1

"Phased over two years, the first tier increase takes effect from June 1 and ranges from $0.50 to $9 per month for HDB one- room to executive flat home-owners.

The second tier increase will take effect a year later, with HDB flat owners paying $0.50 to $8 per month.

The 15 Town Councils are: Ang Mo Kio, Bishan-Toa Payoh, Chua Chu Kang, East Coast-Fengshan, Holland-Bukit Panjang, Jalan Besar, Jurong-Clementi, Marine Parade, Marsiling-Yew Tee, Nee Soon, Pasir Ris-Punggol, Sembawang, Tanjong Pagar, Tampines and West Coast.

Last year, one- and two-room HDB households received a total of three months of rebates, while three- and four-room households got two months of rebates."

-------------------------

during such times, I am happy that I am a mere 2-room owner :D

We also don't need to pay property tax and will be getting GST U-Save vouchers of $380/- every year. Not a bad deal.

59 minutes ago, mmoh said:

1st time see a reno course provided by CC.

2017-02-21 18.04.01.jpg

Actually, I got my eye on some SkillsFuture@PA courses on DIY on home repairs & maintenance. I attended a home renovation course by ITE a few months back but didn't find it that useful.