Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

14 hours ago, mmoh said:

that yes, but also the layout. cos if u see all our floor plan, mostly are squarish with kitchen bathroom and bedroom on 1 side and living room taking the other side. whereas yours sort of space it out with kitchen at the other side of the living room. your layout is the only one so far that has potential for a bar top counter.

actually according to HDB rules, if I read it correctly, that type of platform bed is not allowed. If the platform is like andotang, where there is no storage, then yes, it is allowed. If there is storage beneath the bed like #9 and what MsBunny had, then it is not allowed. I dunno why the issue of storage space is such a concern to HDB but ya, that is what I interpret in their reno rules on platform. But of cos, many pple including me do it anyway so... :D 

hi mmoh,

you mean to say actually that bay window/bed/storage you did is not allowed?  Well I think I read something about height above floor restriction... if like that then alot of things cannot be done and what 2rm-ers need is space and we don't really have alot of that lol. :huh:  then again I recall few years back, bay window storage cabinets were also in the display showroom at TPY hub.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

According to https://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scdf_internet/en/building-professionals/cd-shelter/permitted-works-for-household.html, "Closing or covering up of ventilation openings by removable aesthetic or architectural finishes is allowed, provided that at least 25% of the total area of the two openings shall be left uncovered for ventilation purposes during peacetime." So has anybody here done anything to any ventilation openings of your household shelter?

As we know, our household shelter has two ventilation openings - close and open position. In my flat, if i am not wrong, open position is facing living room while close position faces kitchen. If I plan to install wall cabinet in living room, am I permitted to switch positions?

Ventilation sleeve.jpg

8 hours ago, yingzy said:

hi mmoh,

you mean to say actually that bay window/bed/storage you did is not allowed?  Well I think I read something about height above floor restriction... if like that then alot of things cannot be done and what 2rm-ers need is space and we don't really have alot of that lol. :huh:  then again I recall few years back, bay window storage cabinets were also in the display showroom at TPY hub.

Bay window with storage is ok cos is not a bed. but wide platform like mine... I not sure, I thought it is not allowed.

4 hours ago, greenbunny said:

According to https://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scdf_internet/en/building-professionals/cd-shelter/permitted-works-for-household.html, "Closing or covering up of ventilation openings by removable aesthetic or architectural finishes is allowed, provided that at least 25% of the total area of the two openings shall be left uncovered for ventilation purposes during peacetime." So has anybody here done anything to any ventilation openings of your household shelter?

As we know, our household shelter has two ventilation openings - close and open position. In my flat, if i am not wrong, open position is facing living room while close position faces kitchen. If I plan to install wall cabinet in living room, am I permitted to switch positions?

mine is 1 in living room and 1 in kitchen. I sealed the kitchen and did not touch the one **** room.  the one in living room normally locates right on top of the door?  how to you install wall cabinet there?

Hi all. I'm current waiting for my 2rm bto at west plains. Was thinking to hack the wall between the bedroom and living room. I wanna put a wall with turnable tv console. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost? Something like the attached image. I just felt like i don't need a living room. just a bedroom and a dining room would suffice.

Another questions. Do i call contractor to install the lighting and electrical points first? Or do i get my ceiling fans and aircon to come in first?  Main concern is the tubing for the aircon.

Thanks in advance

Annex A.jpg

On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 11:01 AM, yingzy said:

hi mmoh,

According to my ID, there should be a minimum height of 1m from bottom edge of window opening to top of platform. That was what I was told during my reno back in 2015... Not sure if this rule still stands now tho. :)

1 hour ago, zacksq said:

Hi all. I'm current waiting for my 2rm bto at west plains. Was thinking to hack the wall between the bedroom and living room. I wanna put a wall with turnable tv console. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost? Something like the attached image. I just felt like i don't need a living room. just a bedroom and a dining room would suffice.

Another questions. Do i call contractor to install the lighting and electrical points first? Or do i get my ceiling fans and aircon to come in first?  Main concern is the tubing for the aircon.

Thanks in advance

Annex A.jpg

That swivel TV wall should be at least 2.5k and up.

Wiring first to determine electrical points. Then comes lights, fans and AC.

Edited by MsBunny

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MsBunny said:

According to my ID, there should be a minimum height of 1m from bottom edge of window opening to top of platform. That was what I was told during my reno back in 2015... Not sure if this rule still stands now tho. :)

That swivel TV wall should be at least 2.5k and up.

Wiring first to determine electrical points. Then comes lights, fans and AC.

2.5k is a bit ex. Might as well just buy 2 TV. 1 One for bed room, another for dining room. Got a quote from contractor 5k for kitchen cabinets, lighting and electrical points.
Anyways still way too early. My flat would be ready only by 2q 2020.

Edited by zacksq
typo

44 minutes ago, zacksq said:

2.5k is a bit ex. Might as well just buy 2 TV. 1 One for bed room, another for dining room. Got a quote from contractor 5k for kitchen cabinets, lighting and electrical points.
Anyways still way too early. My flat would be ready only by 2q 2020.

http://sethlui.com/10-stylish-hdb-bedrooms-in-singapore-you-wont-mind-sleeping-in/

probably can get quote from the above link? there's something similiar 

Hi all, I m a newbie here, awaiting for key collection @West Terra in Q1-2018. This thread really enlightened me with some pointers for reno planning. Thank you :)

On 2/25/2017 at 0:12 AM, YiFun451 said:

Hi all, I m a newbie here, awaiting for key collection @West Terra in Q1-2018. This thread really enlightened me with some pointers for reno planning. Thank you :)

@fridgebuzzz also from West Terra

The HDB showroom at Toa Payoh is closed for a revamp till early April 2017. Looking forward to see what HDB comes up with next.

The Blum showroom at Ubi has a 2-Room kitchen. A decent amount of storage space can be eked out from that small kitchen.

large.58b42a5a33af3_Blum(4).jpglarge.58b42a58524ce_Blum(3).jpglarge.58b42a5643a72_Blum(2).jpglarge.58b42a53f33c7_Blum(1).jpg

2 minutes ago, 2Roomer said:

The HDB showroom at Toa Payoh is closed for a revamp till early April 2017. Looking forward to see what HDB comes up with next.

The Blum showroom at Ubi has a 2-Room kitchen. A decent amount of storage space can be eked out from that small kitchen.

large.58b42a5a33af3_Blum(4).jpglarge.58b42a58524ce_Blum(3).jpglarge.58b42a5643a72_Blum(2).jpglarge.58b42a53f33c7_Blum(1).jpg

Did they quote like how much for the blum kitchen in 2 rooms?

2 minutes ago, daztan89 said:

Did they quote like how much for the blum kitchen in 2 rooms?

I didn't asked. The prices of individual components are supposed to be available on Blum Connect.

21 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

large.58b42a5a33af3_Blum(4).jpg

washing machine put where?