Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Rufus, I think the best design is to put a L-shaped shower screen. But u need to measure the actual area to get the measurement. Standard I think 90 x 90 but can be done 80 x 90. Try to extend the max til the window area. As long as there is wall will do. The basin can be reposition towards the wall to give more space for the shower screen. But then I think your concern is towards the WC side... You can ask ur ID if there is any sample of 80cm width shower screen for you to have a feel of the width.

If you insist on the blue line, what you need to do is 1) reposition the basin to perpendicular wall 2) remove the bi-fold door 3) reduce the width of the bathroom door by extending the wall 4) buy a new bathroom door.

This will make your wet area similar with mine, ie. having the basin inside the wet area.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Rufus,

For your L shaped shower screen, I assume it will be resting on a L shaped curb. 

Please do also take into consideration of the location of the floor trap in your toilet and how the water is flowed towards the floor trap.

You don really want the water to be trapped at the corner of the L shaped which you need to "physically" clear/sweep the water to the floor trap, which happens to me. :wacko:

Hi rufus,

What about half-round curved sliding shower door? Well jotorloh is right that it really depends on the location of floor trap. We will have to wait till we get keys and check floor trap location. 

And your toilet is still much better as it faces living room instead of splitting into two entrances! 

8 minutes ago, greenbunny said:

And your toilet is still much better as it faces living room instead of splitting into two entrances! 

u will be amaze that many of my friends praises the design of 2 doors... -_-

Lol. Yes very amazed to know. So I better keep both entrances but I will add sliding door at 2nd entrance facing bedroom. It's when any guests sleep over! 

20 hours ago, RuFus58 said:

Hi all, i am very sad... my toilet vision is not going well..

last wk meet up with my frend (ID), she proposed my L shower (in red) will be 75cm x 90cm... omg!!!! how miserable is that??? T_T

so i said, why cannot be like this (in blue), and shift the basin... so i have whole rectangle as wet area.. apparently the wall is not enough, (the brown dot)

she say the lousy position of the toilet bowl makes it hard to play ard with the shower area.

i dont' want to hack the wall in the kitchen to make the toilet door and deprive myself the kitchen cabinet...  or hack bed room side to deprive my cupboard wall.

what to you folks think?

1.jpg

My apartment is exactly the same as yours. If you've seen my 3D design in 5D planner, my Toilet is vertically divided in half instead of your horizontal to accommodate for wet and dry area.

(Wet area is lower consists of shower area and toilet bowl / Dry area is raised higher consists of the sink)

To prevent water splashing the sink with my future vanity mirror, I put a plane of glass. Below is how it is. Jus imagine the wet area is abit lower.

Screenshot_2017-05-23-13-54-43.png.2c12cb6b52e28a1376a8c8e0a9cedfa9.png.2d8369f39e0a12c570c6568185b8b338.png

Anyway, whichever u go for, I highly dun recommend putting a box up shower screen like the below pic if you are thinking of doing it.

shower-screen-singapore10.jpg.6f23da4f915628851a997a43aa2d2036.jpg

I have a friend who did that and it was a tremendous hassle to clean. If dun clean often as time goes by easily grow mold and algae within the nooks and crevices very disgusting.

There is also a tendency sometimes when showering accidentally knock the shower head against the glass panel.

Also, toilet itself already small, why enclose yourself even more in a small glass box?

Edited by ryanyth

1 hour ago, ryanyth said:

Screenshot_2017-05-23-13-54-43.png.2c12cb6b52e28a1376a8c8e0a9cedfa9.png.2d8369f39e0a12c570c6568185b8b338.png

Anyway, whichever u go for, I highly dun recommend putting a box up shower screen like the below pic if you are thinking of doing it.

how do you block the water from going to the WC area?

glass shower screen is a hassle to clean, yes. I need to wipe dry every time after shower. but then it contains the water to within the wet area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

how do you block the water from going to the WC area?

glass shower screen is a hassle to clean, yes. I need to wipe dry every time after shower. but then it contains the water to within the wet area.

I dun see why there is a need to block water to WC area? In fact the position of my current WC is same as my future apartment right next to the shower area and i find it even more convenient cause i can just aim showerhead at the WC to clean and wash it if i want.

Are u worried that the water will make the seating area wet when want to do business? A simple wipe down with tissue paper will do. And anyway where my shower is positioned, I won't get the WC wet unless I purposely spray it directly.

3 hours ago, ryanyth said:

I dun see why there is a need to block water to WC area? In fact the position of my current WC is same as my future apartment right next to the shower area and i find it even more convenient cause i can just aim showerhead at the WC to clean and wash it if i want.

Are u worried that the water will make the seating area wet when want to do business? A simple wipe down with tissue paper will do. And anyway where my shower is positioned, I won't get the WC wet unless I purposely spray it directly.

ok, what I mentioned was with the presumption that you want to split the wet and dry area, which Rufus required.

Rufus, another alternative is to have shower curtain instead.

Edited by mmoh

1 hour ago, mmoh said:

ok, what I mentioned was with the presumption that you want to split the wet and dry area, which Rufus required.

Rufus, another alternative is to have shower curtain instead.

Actually yes I do want to split my wet and dry area.

My wet area will be actually lower then my dry area and to reach it u need to do a small step down.
This is my way of keeping water in wet area never able to reach the dry area when i shower.
Here is what I mean: (I amended the textures and changed the colours to make it slightly easier to see)

Green area is my Dry Area and this is a slightly raised platform. (maybe about 1 inch or so in height)
Red area is my Wet Area which is slightly lower in order to trap the water to be able to drain away when I shower.
The small little blue between them is the height difference between the 2 areas.

Hope this clarifies better.

Capture.JPG.dda787ccadbb322d9da8f7bb6ee370f1.JPG

Edited by ryanyth

56 minutes ago, ryanyth said:

Actually yes I do want to split my wet and dry area.

My wet area will be actually lower then my dry area and to reach it u need to do a small step down.
This is my way of keeping water in wet area never able to reach the dry area when i shower.
Here is what I mean: (I amended the textures and changed the colours to make it slightly easier to see)

Green area is my Dry Area and this is a slightly raised platform. (maybe about 1 inch or so in height)
Red area is my Wet Area which is slightly lower in order to trap the water to be able to drain away when I shower.
The small little blue between them is the height difference between the 2 areas.

Hope this clarifies better.

i understand the plan on having a lower area to trap water on the floor to be within the wet area.

What I do not understand is that during shower, the water will be splashing around and wetting the surrounding area. In such case, you will need to wipe down the WC and surrounded floor area. If the plank / glass screen splitting the shower and basin is not wide enough, the floor in front of basin will be wet too.

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

i understand the plan on having a lower area to trap water on the floor to be within the wet area.

What I do not understand is that during shower, the water will be splashing around and wetting the surrounding area. In such case, you will need to wipe down the WC and surrounded floor area. If the plank / glass screen splitting the shower and basin is not wide enough, the floor in front of basin will be wet too.

Ohhh lol. ok la just careful abit can liao lor. Splash splash abit is fine for me.
For me, the little splashing it will do doesn't warrant building an entire shower closet.
Having a makeshift pole, like the one u did for your living room to hang your laundry hang a shower curtain would be good enuff too.

andye2SG's 38SQM EastCrown@Canberra/Sembawang

Some preview of enhanced 2-Room BTO (Type 1/Smaller Unit).Renovation not done yet due to renovation loan issues by bankers.

1. The Flat Facade          5. The Bathroom Sink Inlet                          9. The Entrance Proposed 3-Gang Switch

2. The Stack I                  6. The Bomb Shelter Electrical Points        10. The Entrance Propose Floor Screed Leveling

3. The Stack II                 7. The Bomb Shelter Entrance                    11. The Kitchen Pipe

4. The Stack III.               8. The Citygas Pipe Inlet.                            12. The Kitchen Fridge & Top Kitchen Cabinet Area

13. The Kitchen Proposed Cooking Area                                    17. The Kitchen Windows

14. The Kitchen Proposed Relocation of One Switch                 18. Master Bedroom Switches & Points

15. The Kitchen Wall (Proposed to be Hacked)                           19. The Master Bedroom Proposed 2-Gang Switch

16. The Kitchen Proposed Washer & Water Dispenser Area.      20. Master Bedroom Proposed 2-Sliding Doors

21. Master Bedroom Windows on Right Side                             25. Standard HDB Tiles II

22. Master Bedroom Proposed 2-Sliding Door                           26. Living DB Box Area (Closed)

23. Master Bedroom Windows on Left Side                               27. Living DB Box Area (Opened)

24. Standard HDB Tiles I                                                            28. Living TV Console & Feature Wall Side

29. Living Windows (Left Side) & Sliding Doors                         33. Toilet Side Wall on Right Side Entrance

30. Toilet Entrance/Bi-fold Door (Left Side)                                34. Toilet Doesn't Comes With Sanitary Items

31. Toilet Bi-fold Door                                                                 35. Toilet WC & Proposed Bidet Spray Inlet

32. Toilet Rain Sower Area

Edited by andye2SG

• Like 4

Hi andye2SG - Thanks for the detailed photos, they give me a really good idea on what to expect in my new flat.  I am surprised that there are adequate built-in power points in all the rooms. I assume you got your keys months in advance of the probable completion date.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 6:21 PM, andye2SG said:

andye2SG's 38SQM EastCrown@Canberra/Sembawang

Some preview of enhanced 2-Room BTO (Type 1/Smaller Unit).Renovation not done yet due to renovation loan issues by bankers.

1. The Flat Facade          5. The Bathroom Sink Inlet                          9. The Entrance Proposed 3-Gang Switch

2. The Stack I                  6. The Bomb Shelter Electrical Points        10. The Entrance Propose Floor Screed Leveling

3. The Stack II                 7. The Bomb Shelter Entrance                    11. The Kitchen Pipe

4. The Stack III.               8. The Citygas Pipe Inlet.                            12. The Kitchen Fridge & Top Kitchen Cabinet Area

13. The Kitchen Proposed Cooking Area                                    17. The Kitchen Windows

14. The Kitchen Proposed Relocation of One Switch                 18. Master Bedroom Switches & Points

15. The Kitchen Wall (Proposed to be Hacked)                           19. The Master Bedroom Proposed 2-Gang Switch

16. The Kitchen Proposed Washer & Water Dispenser Area.      20. Master Bedroom Proposed 2-Sliding Doors

21. Master Bedroom Windows on Right Side                             25. Standard HDB Tiles II

22. Master Bedroom Proposed 2-Sliding Door                           26. Living DB Box Area (Closed)

23. Master Bedroom Windows on Left Side                               27. Living DB Box Area (Opened)

24. Standard HDB Tiles I                                                            28. Living TV Console & Feature Wall Side

29. Living Windows (Left Side) & Sliding Doors                         33. Toilet Side Wall on Right Side Entrance

30. Toilet Entrance/Bi-fold Door (Left Side)                                34. Toilet Doesn't Comes With Sanitary Items

31. Toilet Bi-fold Door                                                                 35. Toilet WC & Proposed Bidet Spray Inlet

32. Toilet Rain Sower Area

Congrats andy! Finally collected your keys! when is your reno starting? Hope to see your updates! :D

btw, can share your floor plan again?