Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

1 hour ago, 2Roomer said:

Hi andye2SG - Thanks for the detailed photos, they give me a really good idea on what to expect in my new flat.  I am surprised that there are adequate built-in power points in all the rooms. I assume you got your keys months in advance of the probable completion date.

Living room - 3 locations x 2 pts

Bedroom - 2 locations x 2 pts

Kitchen - 2 locations x 1 pt + 1 location x 4 pts

Household shelter - 1 location x 2 pts

DB box - 1 location x 1 pt

I still add 1 pt in bedroom for wall fan and 1 x 2 pts in living room for vacumm cleaner / steamboat

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
3 hours ago, mmoh said:

Living room - 3 locations x 2 pts

Bedroom - 2 locations x 2 pts

Kitchen - 2 locations x 1 pt + 1 location x 4 pts

Household shelter - 1 location x 2 pts

DB box - 1 location x 1 pt

I still add 1 pt in bedroom for wall fan and 1 x 2 pts in living room for vacumm cleaner / steamboat

Hi mmoh - Thanks for the information, the specific number of points was not listed in the HDB sales brochure. The number and location of these power, telephone & television points would affect the layout of each room.

On 5/24/2017 at 11:59 AM, mmoh said:

Rufus, I think the best design is to put a L-shaped shower screen. But u need to measure the actual area to get the measurement. Standard I think 90 x 90 but can be done 80 x 90. Try to extend the max til the window area. As long as there is wall will do. The basin can be reposition towards the wall to give more space for the shower screen. But then I think your concern is towards the WC side... You can ask ur ID if there is any sample of 80cm width shower screen for you to have a feel of the width.

If you insist on the blue line, what you need to do is 1) reposition the basin to perpendicular wall 2) remove the bi-fold door 3) reduce the width of the bathroom door by extending the wall 4) buy a new bathroom door.

This will make your wet area similar with mine, ie. having the basin inside the wet area.

Hi mmoh, i recently go check out my frend Lake Life EC just to get a feel as hers was also 75cm facing the shower, but the length was not 90cm. it was like my vision (the blue line) i used a measuring tape to feel how 90cm would be like.. it was very confining.. feeling like a goldfish in tiny glass cup.. lol... 

yes.. like you suggested, i want my blue line.. and plan to remove my sink and position it at the shower head area and have to remove folding door and put a opening outward frosted glass door. Have attached my revised vision.. Pls let me what you guys think? pros and cons (area of improvement).

My main requirement, Dry Area must have toilet bowl and sink (dont want these 2 get in contact with water during shower)

My wet area is only shower area.

On 5/24/2017 at 3:09 PM, Joterloh said:

Hi Rufus,

For your L shaped shower screen, I assume it will be resting on a L shaped curb. 

Please do also take into consideration of the location of the floor trap in your toilet and how the water is flowed towards the floor trap.

You don really want the water to be trapped at the corner of the L shaped which you need to "physically" clear/sweep the water to the floor trap, which happens to me. :wacko:

Hi Joterloh, i am not sure where the 'L shape curb' u are referring.. 

lol, have to  be patient with me.. i'm a dummy when it comes to flr plan.. i am still getting the hang of it.

Thank you for bringing up abt the the floor trap.. i dint' factor it in... :0

is your flr plan similar to my toilet, any idea where my floor trap will be? 

On 5/24/2017 at 4:46 PM, greenbunny said:

Hi rufus,

What about half-round curved sliding shower door? Well jotorloh is right that it really depends on the location of floor trap. We will have to wait till we get keys and check floor trap location. 

And your toilet is still much better as it faces living room instead of splitting into two entrances! 

Hi Green Bunny,

wah.. so cheem... lol.. what is half round curved sliding shower door..  ;p

actually i thinking of having a 3/4 glass partition without door.. ie. at least 1.5m sheltering my WC area.. have attached my vision. (dono can work or not.. lol)

if my toilet has 2 doors, i sure go into depression... hahahaha.

coz mine is 35sqm. already so small. tat will deprive my kitchen cabinet and also my bedroom wardrobe space.. 

mmoh is 45sqm so having 2 entry in kitchen and bedroom might be ok..  but not for my mirco mini 35sqm..

abit fed up my toilet bowl smack in the centre... argh.. my ID also said.. if only at the side, my shower area won't be 75cm :(

can play ard with 90cm...  suay sia.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:44 PM, ryanyth said:

I dun see why there is a need to block water to WC area? In fact the position of my current WC is same as my future apartment right next to the shower area and i find it even more convenient cause i can just aim showerhead at the WC to clean and wash it if i want.

Are u worried that the water will make the seating area wet when want to do business? A simple wipe down with tissue paper will do. And anyway where my shower is positioned, I won't get the WC wet unless I purposely spray it directly.

Hi ryanyth, hahaha.. i got abit of OCD.. i don't want to step into wet area where toilet bowl and sink is concern.

i want them dry.  imagine after bathing, smell nice and fresh, see the toilet bowl / sink dripping water and tiles wet... the toilet will be very humid (due to hot shower)

in tat state, if i have to do drying, wiping and moping, end up perspiring... lol..  plus morning is always a rush, bath, get ready leave hse for work... i cannot do a proper clean up and go work leaving being a wet toilet (my OCD will go into overdrive), thinking abt water stains etc.

i really want them in dry area..  

On 5/25/2017 at 5:41 PM, mmoh said:

ok, what I mentioned was with the presumption that you want to split the wet and dry area, which Rufus required.

Rufus, another alternative is to have shower curtain instead.

Yes,, u are most certainly correct.. lol.... i really want a clean split with wet and dry area!

i dono mmoh, somehow i feel shower curtain very flimsy.. in hotel stays, showering in bathtub with curtains drawn,, still the floor gets wet..

let alone a small kerb?? 

*NOTE :

I just want to add, you guys are awesome, i posted feeling emo my toilet vision was not going well, and was hearten to see so many replies with suggestions etc.

thank you very much..  really appreciate your kind encouragement as well.. :)

shower.jpg

2 hours ago, RuFus58 said:

Hi Joterloh, i am not sure where the 'L shape curb' u are referring.. 

lol, have to  be patient with me.. i'm a dummy when it comes to flr plan.. i am still getting the hang of it.

Thank you for bringing up abt the the floor trap.. i dint' factor it in... :0

is your flr plan similar to my toilet, any idea where my floor trap will be? 

Hi ryanyth, hahaha.. i got abit of OCD.. i don't want to step into wet area where toilet bowl and sink is concern.

i want them dry.  imagine after bathing, smell nice and fresh, see the toilet bowl / sink dripping water and tiles wet... the toilet will be very humid (due to hot shower)

in tat state, if i have to do drying, wiping and moping, end up perspiring... lol..  plus morning is always a rush, bath, get ready leave hse for work... i cannot do a proper clean up and go work leaving being a wet toilet (my OCD will go into overdrive), thinking abt water stains etc.

i dono mmoh, somehow i feel shower curtain very flimsy.. in hotel stays, showering in bathtub with curtains drawn,, still the floor gets wet..

let alone a small kerb?? 

shower.jpg

In order to construct a glass shower screen, you need to install a kerb at the base for the shower screen to stand on it. This is done by the tiler.

The floor trap should be right in front of the shower area. But there are some bathroom got 2 floor traps but mine got only 1.

If you want to consider shower curtain, you will still need to install the shower kerb and the shower curtain have to be long enough to be able to overlap with the shower kerb so that when water splash onto the shower curtain, the water will still flow within the shower kerb area. But of cos it is flimsy and may not be able to prevent water from splashing out as good as glass screen. but the good thing is it can be kept to the side and it does not look so crowded within the bathroom.

Actually, even with the glass screen, the wet area is still wet after shower (of course) and I recommend to clean the glass screen, wall and floor tiles dry so that there will be no water stain on the glass and tiles. I do that every time currently and end up perspiring again after shower -_-".

The position of your WC does not impact on the width of your shower screen, but rather the big window that is behind the WC is the deciding factor.

Your re-positioning of the sink is a big task cos the re-routing of the water inlet piping and water draining piping is too far and it cross over to the other side of the door.

Hi Rufus58,

mmoh is right about the installation of the kerb at the base for the shower screen.

As for the re-position of the sink, it involves modifying the toilet's tiles.

you might not be able to do it if yours is a new BTO flat, under question 11 of the FAQ in HDB website. see link.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/Satellite?c=HDBeService&cid=1383797726214&d=Touch&pagename=InfoWEB%2FHDBeService%2FeServiceArticle#Q6:

On 5/31/2017 at 11:36 AM, RuFus58 said:

Hi mmoh, i recently go check out my frend Lake Life EC just to get a feel as hers was also 75cm facing the shower, but the length was not 90cm. it was like my vision (the blue line) i used a measuring tape to feel how 90cm would be like.. it was very confining.. feeling like a goldfish in tiny glass cup.. lol... 

I just measured my wet area. the widest width is 86cm and shortest part (basin there) is only 60cm. Of cos 60cm is very narrow but I am still able to brush my teeth wash my face there. Initially I thought I need to take a step back to brush teeth due to elbow action but actually not necessary. And 86cm width does not feel restricted at all. So i think 80cm shd be fine too. For your reference. If you want to feel the actual width we can arrange too. You are staying so near anyway.

Hi all,

I'm patiently waiting for my 2room at Fernvale woods.TOP 3Qtr 2019.

I have a question if any of you could advise that is it possible to hack the wall to make a toilet door for bedroom? and Do we need HDB approval?

Thanks!

Fernvale woods.jpg

Hello diraf,

It seems there are 2 floor plans for 2room houses.

Photo 1 - only wall. In this case, might be able to create/relocate the door to between toilet and bedroom. Your future contractor will submit to HDB and seek approval for it.  

Photo 2 - a column between toilet and bedroom, the thick black rectangle is a column. In this case, most likely cannot be hack because it is a column. Furthermore, the wall location is at the sink area which there is not enough space to install a door there. 

Photo 1.PNG

Photo 2.PNG

2 hours ago, diraf said:

Hi all,

I'm patiently waiting for my 2room at Fernvale woods.TOP 3Qtr 2019.

I have a question if any of you could advise that is it possible to hack the wall to make a toilet door for bedroom? and Do we need HDB approval?

Thanks!

Fernvale woods.jpg

Interesting layout with main door looking into kitchen.

1 hour ago, Joterloh said:

Hello diraf,

It seems there are 2 floor plans for 2room houses.

Photo 1 - only wall. In this case, might be able to create/relocate the door to between toilet and bedroom. Your future contractor will submit to HDB and seek approval for it.  

Photo 2 - a column between toilet and bedroom, the thick black rectangle is a column. In this case, most likely cannot be hack because it is a column. Furthermore, the wall location is at the sink area which there is not enough space to install a door there. 

Photo 1.PNG

Photo 2.PNG

looking at both picture, diraf's should be the type 1. Even if type 1, are we allowed to change the door location for bto?

Hi mmoh, 

Submission is require for the relocation of door to HDB before the renovation, and the decision will be up to HDB.

BUT I know HDB has this rule under their HDB FAQ -

"New flats owners are not allowed to remove their bathroom/toilets' floor and wall tiles provided by HDB to their new flat within three years because of water-proofing of the toilet."  

Which mean if the relocation of the door affects the wall tiles and floor, then most likely cannot re-locate. UNLESS the contractor/PE can suggest/show methods that toilet walls/floors are not affected. 

30 minutes ago, Joterloh said:

Hi mmoh, 

Submission is require for the relocation of door to HDB before the renovation, and the decision will be up to HDB.

BUT I know HDB has this rule under their HDB FAQ -

"New flats owners are not allowed to remove their bathroom/toilets' floor and wall tiles provided by HDB to their new flat within three years because of water-proofing of the toilet."  

Which mean if the relocation of the door affects the wall tiles and floor, then most likely cannot re-locate. UNLESS the contractor/PE can suggest/show methods that toilet walls/floors are not affected. 

That is what I thought. Thanks for the info. :D

On 5/28/2017 at 5:12 PM, mmoh said:

Congrats andy! Finally collected your keys! when is your reno starting? Hope to see your updates! :D

btw, can share your floor plan again?

Sadly gotten results past few days all commercial banks rejected my loan application due to bad credit record by CBS (outstanding) perhaps did promptly pay monthly bill. 

Sourcing alternative way to do up rather slim down version for renovation instead. 

3 hours ago, andye2SG said:

Sadly gotten results past few days all commercial banks rejected my loan application due to bad credit record by CBS (outstanding) perhaps did promptly pay monthly bill. 

Sourcing alternative way to do up rather slim down version for renovation instead. 

how much is your budget? better spend within your means ya. you can do the more important one first and slowly add the rest.

oh ya! now I recall! you got the interesting kitchen layout! :good:

2 hours ago, mmoh said:

how much is your budget? better spend within your means ya. you can do the more important one first and slowly add the rest.

oh ya! now I recall! you got the interesting kitchen layout! :good:

Initially asking for 15K if could go thru the bank loan application. 

However, its been trimmed down to essential item like Electrical Works, Plumbing Works only at toilet and Flooring (which I could understand eligible for free Floor Screed by HDB). 

Now couldn't stated requested budget since I known the results. For the rest, perhaps would do later once I able to save up (for Carpentry Works).