Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 6/6/2017 at 11:26 AM, mmoh said:

Interesting layout with main door looking into kitchen.

looking at both picture, diraf's should be the type 1. Even if type 1, are we allowed to change the door location for bto?

Yes according to the sales brochure, its photo 1.I would have preferred other design where there are two doors one at the kitchen and bedroom just like the HDB showflats.

But if i could have at least the access from bedroom would be great though.To add to my future reno concerns,i opted out the flooring and sanitary . :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
39 minutes ago, diraf said:

Yes according to the sales brochure, its photo 1.I would have preferred other design where there are two doors one at the kitchen and bedroom just like the HDB showflats.

But if i could have at least the access from bedroom would be great though.To add to my future reno concerns,i opted out the flooring and sanitary . :bangwall:

why do you want 2 doors to the bathroom? There are many 2 doors owner like me wanted to seal 1 of the door... lol! with only 1 door, you got more wall space to plan for furniture, isn't it? 

If I do not have the bathroom door to bedroom, then I would be able to have a queen size bed liao... 

Edited by mmoh

1 hour ago, mmoh said:

why do you want 2 doors to the bathroom? There are many 2 doors owner like me wanted to seal 1 of the door... lol! with only 1 door, you got more wall space to plan for furniture, isn't it? 

If I do not have the bathroom door to bedroom, then I would be able to have a queen size bed liao... 

Hmm,u're prob right.I've not thought abt space planning thoroughly.

btw u have a really nice reno n interior design mmoh.

53 minutes ago, diraf said:

Hmm,u're prob right.I've not thought abt space planning thoroughly.

btw u have a really nice reno n interior design mmoh.

thanks thanks :D

Other than the platform which I wanted alot and the shoe cabinet for privacy, I think I only do the minimum. Cant wait to see how other 2 roomers design their unit :good:

For my BTO project, it looks like internet points with RJ45 socket is installed instead of tel points. So no need to do conversion from tel to internet socket? Noob about such things :D

large.DSC06559ed.JPG.aad0084578f4596b9ea9d5da1477de0c.JPG

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stream said:

For my BTO project, it looks like internet points with RJ45 socket is installed instead of tel points. So no need to do conversion from tel to internet socket? Noob about such things :D

sorry cant help on this... havent install internet yet... :x

2 hours ago, mmoh said:

sorry cant help on this... havent install internet yet... :x

So you only use mobile internet all this while? :huh:  I wouldn't move in w/o broadband internet installed :D

Btw, how's your vinyl flooring holding up so far. Any problems like warping etc. I'm still undecided whether to go for vinyl.

Edited by Stream

11 hours ago, Stream said:

So you only use mobile internet all this while? :huh:  I wouldn't move in w/o broadband internet installed :D

Btw, how's your vinyl flooring holding up so far. Any problems like warping etc. I'm still undecided whether to go for vinyl.

cos I didnt moved in. only went there over the weekends. :P 

Vinyl so far so good. other than the grain issue that I have highlighted before. Just arranged Vinyl contractor to come over last Friday to do some touch up. Previously they put white silicon (dunno wat it is so just use white silicon) to cover up the connection to the skirting. over time, it hardens and some part cracked, so you can see a gap. The contractor suggested to remove all the white silicon and replace it with transparent silicon. Looks much better now. According to him, actually dun need to put silicon de. 

No warping issue.

have you collected keys?

Edited by mmoh

Oic, it's weekend holiday home haha. Me still waiting for keys :(

Regarding your earlier reply to conceal new lighting/power points in the ceiling/walls, I believe HDB will/may check when u sell the flat later on. In which case, have to make good at own cost and maybe fined. Hmm... still thinking whether to risk it. But seems like quite a few people do it. I was talking to one ID firm (with many branches), and they want me to sign disclaimer so they have no responsibility for the electrician's by-right-cannot by-left-can actions. They were worried HDB slap them with demerit points :)

Edited by Stream

1 hour ago, Stream said:

Oic, it's weekend holiday home haha. Me still waiting for keys :(

Regarding your earlier reply to conceal new lighting/power points in the ceiling/walls, I believe HDB will/may check when u sell the flat later on. In which case, have to make good at own cost and maybe fined. Hmm... still thinking whether to risk it. But seems like quite a few people do it. I was talking to one ID firm (with many branches), and they want me to sign disclaimer so they have no responsibility for the electrician's by-right-cannot by-left-can actions. They were worried HDB slap them with demerit points :)

You mean whatever electrical points that was changed, gotta change back to the original location when we sell the house?

Anything that was illegally changed, including concealed wiring, HDB has right to ask owner to make good. Whether they actually strictly enforce or not, I'm not sure. Maybe also depends on the HDB staff doing the check, whether he pretend not to see anything. If you run new wires using surface trunking, that's allowed and so no problem. I haven't seen much discussion on this in this forum. But it seems quite a few just do concealed wiring. In my BTO fb page, somebody even said that for walls that are hacked, u have to reinstate it before selling. But I dun think he's right. I'm gonna call HDB to verify as I intend to hack my wall. 

13 minutes ago, Stream said:

Anything that was illegally changed, including concealed wiring, HDB has right to ask owner to make good. Whether they actually strictly enforce or not, I'm not sure. Maybe also depends on the HDB staff doing the check, whether he pretend not to see anything. If you run new wires using surface trunking, that's allowed and so no problem. I haven't seen much discussion on this in this forum. But it seems quite a few just do concealed wiring. In my BTO fb page, somebody even said that for walls that are hacked, u have to reinstate it before selling. But I dun think he's right. I'm gonna call HDB to verify as I intend to hack my wall. 

from what I understand in regards of hacking of wall - depends on the buyer. If the buyer is happy without the wall, then you can just sell it as it is. But if the buyer wants the wall, you will need to reinstate it back in accordance to the original plan.

1 minute ago, mmoh said:

from what I understand in regards of hacking of wall - depends on the buyer. If the buyer is happy without the wall, then you can just sell it as it is. But if the buyer wants the wall, you will need to reinstate it back in accordance to the original plan.

In that case, I dun sell to that buyer :lol:

As for the concealed wiring, maybe u can ask your contractor. I'm sure they know of real life cases of what hdb do to owner/contractor.:P

On 10/06/2017 at 10:19 PM, Stream said:

large.DSC06559ed.JPG.aad0084578f4596b9ea9d5da1477de0c.JPG

Hi Stream bro,

Congrats on your new house. Congrats too on your data points given.

On 5/31/2017 at 2:50 PM, mmoh said:

The position of your WC does not impact on the width of your shower screen, but rather the big window that is behind the WC is the deciding factor.

Your re-positioning of the sink is a big task cos the re-routing of the water inlet piping and water draining piping is too far and it cross over to the other side of the door.

you are right mmoh, i see that the window in toilet is very big.. (based on what ppl shared here)

my ID already said..  be prepared to see the copper pipes running around if need to re-route the sink...

asked me can i take it? lol.... i said.. i must see first, before i can answer her that question. hahaha.

i think i will still need to see my hse before i can commit...now all in paper and drawing...

anyway.. the 1st batch of west ridges took their keys.. all started posting the pictures and i slightly have a rough idea how my colour tone will be... 

its sooo earthy brown.. yucks... hahaha..  the feature wall, the toilet tiles.. 

some even trespass to film the 2 room flats... look soo small.. i wonder if i can even fit washing machine, fridge and kitchen cabinets.. lol...

On 6/1/2017 at 0:03 PM, Joterloh said:

Hi Rufus58,

mmoh is right about the installation of the kerb at the base for the shower screen.

As for the re-position of the sink, it involves modifying the toilet's tiles.

you might not be able to do it if yours is a new BTO flat, under question 11 of the FAQ in HDB website. see link.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/Satellite?c=HDBeService&cid=1383797726214&d=Touch&pagename=InfoWEB%2FHDBeService%2FeServiceArticle#Q6:

Hi Joterloh,

i think just shift the sink, the pipes will be running around... end of the month, i meeting my ID again... i will share with you all what really is her plan.

hope u all can help spot anything you find is not right... i am not really sharp at all this... thanks.. :)

On 6/5/2017 at 9:49 AM, mmoh said:

I just measured my wet area. the widest width is 86cm and shortest part (basin there) is only 60cm. Of cos 60cm is very narrow but I am still able to brush my teeth wash my face there. Initially I thought I need to take a step back to brush teeth due to elbow action but actually not necessary. And 86cm width does not feel restricted at all. So i think 80cm shd be fine too. For your reference. If you want to feel the actual width we can arrange too. You are staying so near anyway.

haha... thanks of the invite.. appreciate it alot!  if how my ID explain to me end jun, i cannot understand... i may take your offer or maybe can assist to take some pics show me...
let's see how creative she is.. i ask her think out of the box to make it happen.. die die give me a wet and dry area... sink and wc must not get wet...

anyway, i am one of the admin of  west ridges residents FB group. since the 1st batch also got the keys, alot of pics and videos are posted. 

only 1 video is on 2 room, rest all are 3rm and above. if you guys want to have a look, can go join the group to just have view.