Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

21 hours ago, FrancisTay said:

IMG_6887.JPG

This is the final layout that my ID propose.

Total cost for renovation on paper is around $19K, but expect to add in a few $k for additional things.

But I was thinking whether want to do vinyl flooring overly or not?

L-shaped wardrobe ah... I personally felt the L-shaped corner is a waste. If you got a 5 ft length wardrobe against the bathroom wall side, will it be enough? then u can choose casement door which can save a little and put a bedside table. More gap between bed and wall for changing bedsheet.

Not sure of aircon trunking route.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 02/02/2018 at 11:14 AM, mmoh said:

L-shaped wardrobe ah... I personally felt the L-shaped corner is a waste. If you got a 5 ft length wardrobe against the bathroom wall side, will it be enough? then u can choose casement door which can save a little and put a bedside table. More gap between bed and wall for changing bedsheet.

Not sure of aircon trunking route.

Yeah... personally, i'll try to avoid placing bed on against wall or on platform... felt that changing bedsheet would be a chore... 

Hi! Am new here!

My hse will be ready in maybe 1 ++yrs but I am planning to convert part of my living room into another small bedroom.

Possible? Will be living with my son, son will grow up and I want him to have his own room in future. wall to be transparent so that there will be lights passing through the living room.    

Any advise? :D

layout.jpg

8 hours ago, Ms Tan said:

Hi! Am new here!

My hse will be ready in maybe 1 ++yrs but I am planning to convert part of my living room into another small bedroom.

Possible? Will be living with my son, son will grow up and I want him to have his own room in future. wall to be transparent so that there will be lights passing through the living room.    

we have a member @Suneeta Devi did that. you can refer to page 93 for her photos.

On 2/1/2018 at 7:34 PM, Ankle said:

Have you collected your keys?

For me, i've intended to place my wardrobe same as yours. But i couldn't do full height because there's where hdb leave opening to lay aircon trunk. And my id advice me against drilling a hole in bathroom and lay from there.

Flooring depends and your budget and preferences. Have to google for pros and cons of different flooring before making a decision.

Hi Ankle - I would think carefully about extending the wardrobe to below the aircon trunk vent. The water from a leak or condensation in the trunking could drip down and ruin your wardrobe.

12 hours ago, 2Roomer said:

Hi Ankle - I would think carefully about extending the wardrobe to below the aircon trunk vent. The water from a leak or condensation in the trunking could drip down and ruin your wardrobe.

Hi 2Roomer,

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to check with my ID on how to workaround regarding this. :)

22 hours ago, Ms Tan said:

Hi! Am new here!

layout.jpg

Would it be better to place curtain instead of transparent wall to divide the room? At least your son can have some sort of privacy.

16 hours ago, mmoh said:

we have a member @Suneeta Devi did that. you can refer to page 93 for her photos.

2 hours ago, Ankle said:

Would it be better to place curtain instead of transparent wall to divide the room? At least your son can have some sort of privacy.

Thanks! Yes that's what I want. this kind of wall too. will place a curtain too for his own privacy also.

Hopefully the small "bed" room is enough to put a wardrobe at most and if possible a small desk.  

19 hours ago, Ms Tan said:

Thanks! Yes that's what I want. this kind of wall too. will place a curtain too for his own privacy also.

Hopefully the small "bed" room is enough to put a wardrobe at most and if possible a small desk.  

How about replacing the wall between bedrm & living rm with full height wardrobe? Half of it for u and the other half for your son. Also, u can consider expanding your son's space a little bit by moving the wardrobe more towards your room to maybe fit in a small desk?

1 hour ago, Ankle said:

How about replacing the wall between bedrm & living rm with full height wardrobe? Half of it for u and the other half for your son. Also, u can consider expanding your son's space a little bit by moving the wardrobe more towards your room to maybe fit in a small desk?

I was thinking abt giving more space to him also like making the master bedroom slightly smaller and wardrobe share share. Want to ask ID for advise but they won't entertain me also coz still long way to go. 

5 minutes ago, SuperZ said:

Vinyl floor looks very nice. Is your vinyl floor come as part of OCS or you install your own? 

Ocs doesn't offered vinyl flooring. So i get vinyl coy to install.

41 minutes ago, SuperZ said:

Thanks. Could you share roughly how much it cost? I heard it is like $3 per sq ft. Is it about right?

Mine is 7mm high end resilience flooring .  So it's more expensive. It's $6.80 per sq ft.