Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Wow ...... 7mm is thick and solid. I am still deciding between vinyl and porcelain tiles. Kind of headache, Porcelain is also about $7 per sq ft.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
2 hours ago, SuperZ said:

Wow ...... 7mm is thick and solid. I am still deciding between vinyl and porcelain tiles. Kind of headache, Porcelain is also about $7 per sq ft.

$7 per sq ft including labour?

Guess u'll have to read up the pros and cons to decide which flooring is suitable for your needs and theme.

On 08/02/2018 at 10:20 PM, 2Roomer said:

Hi Ankle - I would think carefully about extending the wardrobe to below the aircon trunk vent. The water from a leak or condensation in the trunking could drip down and ruin your wardrobe.

I've checked with my ID. The trunking above my wardrobe are the electrical wiring. There's another trunking for the piping inside the bathroom. So no issue here. :)

On 2/10/2018 at 8:15 AM, Ankle said:

Vinyl floor...

20180209_145213.jpg.a4df291207304ff3c306abb17b5a3d7c.jpg

Shower panel bought from taobao. :D

IMG-20180208-WA0010.jpg.1d54870ac97726f786999144a5bd2118.jpg

The shower panel looks awesome. What are those knots, I am guessing you are installing a heat water tank for this?

On 4/18/2015 at 7:39 PM, mmoh said:

Getting my keys soon but couldn't see a single 2-Room design in Renotalk, or maybe my research is not detail enough yet.

Any existing 2-room BTO owner care to share design / plan and some pictures? Much appreciate in advance.

List of happy 2-room owners:

1. mmoh - BTO 2015 H2
  2. kyooko - BTO 2016 Q2
  3. varying - resale Apr 2015
  4. MsBunny - resale Mar 2015 (Blog: http://keepcalmandmeow.blogspot.sg/)
  5. coolbunny - BTO 2016 Q2
  6. 2Roomer - BTO 2018 H1
  7. Tsunade - BTO (selecting soon)
  8. rainbow1979 - BTO 2019
  9. BunniBoi - BTO 2020
  10. ryanyth - BTO 2017 (TBlog -  )
  11. paulinepoh - BTO 2017
  12. fridgebuzzz - BTO 2018
  13. avidshuttler - BTO 2019
  14. lildot - BTO 2017 Q4
  15. andotang - BTO Jun 2015 (TBlog - http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/72213-2-room-bto-themeless-with-philips-hue-lighting/)
  16. oktopussy - BTO 2019
  17. ahjack - BTO 2017 Q3
  18. Ankle - BTO 2019
  19. sendski - BTO 2019
  20. Wild Ginger - BTO 2019
  21. sagitarruss - BTO 2017 Q4
  22. melmeow - BTO 2016
  23. moldie - BTO 2018
  24. evozero - BTO 2019
  25. bunnywolf - BTO 2020
  26. Michael Chua - BTO 2020
  27. lost count... >_<
  28. simoncjy - BTO 2018

How to upload photos to this forum: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/60248-guide-to-upload-photos/

Sequence of reno, contributed by MsBunny:

1) hacking / dismantling
2) wet works
3) plumbing (pipes)
4) electrical (trunking, points)
5) painting
6) partition / glass works
7) plumbing (sanitary ware installation)
8) electrical (lights installation)
7) carpentry
8) painting (touch up)
9) acid wash

Contributed by MsBunny, decision-making for sanitary ware and electrical appliances:

https://app.pub.gov.sg/WELSSP/ListOfProducts.aspx

https://e-services.nea.gov.sg/els/Pages/Search/PublicSearchProduct.aspx

Defects checklist

Home owner blog who shared the thinking process, consideration why certain decisions are made and review on the purchased:

Space savings ideas

http://www.renotalk.com/read/17-space-saving-ideas-for-your-home

Ground Facts: Guide to Choosing the Right Flooring

Guide to Mattress Shopping

Cool Secret Room Ideas

Mattress Selection Guide

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/home-decor-furnishings-188/mattress-guide-101-thread-3923855.html

Storage Tips

Getting Mold Out of the Shower–Before & After:

http://www.thisblessedlife.net/2012/02/getting-mold-out-of-showerbefore-after.html

Not product recommendation, but sharing of dryer technologies in the market. Hope it will be useful for follow 2 roomers.

Space maximization and Wall thickness is always my priority. A sound proof room gives you a wonderful feel.

Do not try to squeeze things in a smaller place. It may be worse if you're not smart to do so.

22 hours ago, Phillip said:

The shower panel looks awesome. What are those knots, I am guessing you are installing a heat water tank for this?

The knobs are the body spray. Had wanted this when i went japan a couple of years back and the hotel i've stayed had shower panel system. But mine is a cheapo version... :D

My latest woes is my ID told me may not be able to install storage heater above the cold/hot outlet vault coz he's afraid there might be piping. Which i thot it's abit ridiculous because hdb had designated that space for storage heater or else they wouldn't had placed the vault at that location right? Just wondering anyone had similar issue? Btw, my water heater is standard 15L square tank.

Hi guys. I so so néw to this forum. Been reading this thread till page 30 I guess. Will still continue to read up the rest slowly. I am getting my 2room unit this year 3Rd quarter 2018 at woodlands. Nothing fancy about what I had in mind jus a simple and cosy place only. Important is the color theme of black and white and many shades of grey:P 

1 hour ago, Ankle said:

The knobs are the body spray. Had wanted this when i went japan a couple of years back and the hotel i've stayed had shower panel system. But mine is a cheapo version... :D

My latest woes is my ID told me may not be able to install storage heater above the cold/hot outlet vault coz he's afraid there might be piping. Which i thot it's abit ridiculous because hdb had designated that space for storage heater or else they wouldn't had placed the vault at that location right? Just wondering anyone had similar issue? Btw, my water heater is standard 15L square tank.

I just wonder with such a small space in the bathroom, do you really need a 15L heater tank? The standard instant water heating system works fine for me in my bathroom now. Sometimes, on hot day, I even shower with cold water. 

Just now, SuperZ said:

I just wonder with such a small space in the bathroom, do you really need a 15L heater tank? The standard instant water heating system works fine for me in my bathroom now. Sometimes, on hot day, I even shower with cold water. 

Need the water pressure to support the shower panel.

7 hours ago, Ankle said:

I did not install storage heater but yes, HDB had designed enough space for storage heater. andotang did installed water heater iirc.

hi,

Happy Chinese New Year! I am getting my 2 room next month @ buangkok. Its a 47 sqm. I have been reading this forum for the past couple of months. For the past 2-3 yrs, I didnt plan for anything, didnt look around for ideas because I know I will get super excited. Its only since 2-3 months, then I start to look around for ideas, went to Ikea, Courts to see what kind of furnishing I am interested. 

I haven not approached any ID, i am asking my friend (a contractor) to do the reno for me, I trust him to get the job done. Looking through all your contributions in the forum for the past 80 pages, I am impressed by all of you. I went to HDB gallery in Nov 2017 and saw the 47sqm 2 room layout, they used Ikea as designer and everything is ikea (before they change the layout in Dec17). I liked the layout and felt that I wanted to do a copy & paste. I went to Ikea online and did a computation and found that it would probably cost about 2.4K to furnish the living room & another 2K to furnish the bedroom.

My friend told me Ikea stuff is not durable, but I dun really agree on that because for their sofa, they give a 10yr warranty. I cannot find another furniture shop that give warranty more than 1-3 yrs. I loaded the HDB gallery fotos for all to see.

Please give me your views, what do you think if I do a copy & paste (living room & bedroom)? My layout is same as the HDB one. My flooring will be by HDB, dun intend to change it.

20171209_134744.jpg

20171209_134737 - Copy.jpg

20171104_111013.jpg

20171104_111025.jpg

20171209_134943.jpg

Edited by swatcL

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 12:14 PM, Ms Tan said:

Hi! Am new here!

My hse will be ready in maybe 1 ++yrs but I am planning to convert part of my living room into another small bedroom.

Possible? Will be living with my son, son will grow up and I want him to have his own room in future. wall to be transparent so that there will be lights passing through the living room.    

Any advise? :D

layout.jpg

Hi Ms Tan,

You can refer to ikea small space youtube for ideas. There are a lot of youtube and you can draw ideas for how to have a small room for your son.

Edited by swatcL

On 12/30/2017 at 11:25 PM, FrancisTay said:

Compare to the rest, I think my kitchen look longer.

But now my headache is the toilet.

I read thur all the pages and cannot seems to find a best solution of it.

Hi guys and gals, 

Happy New Year to all,

Due to the design of the toilet and the 2 doors, I was thinking of installing shower curtains in the shower area,

at least in certain way will separate the wet and dry in the toilet.

What u all think? 

• Like 1