Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
20 hours ago, FrancisTay said:

Hi guys and gals, 

Happy New Year to all,

Due to the design of the toilet and the 2 doors, I was thinking of installing shower curtains in the shower area,

at least in certain way will separate the wet and dry in the toilet.

What u all think? 

I just wonder whether your bathroom has room for shower glass enclosure if you seal one door. Even one glass panel is good.

On 2/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, SuperZ said:

I just wonder whether your bathroom has room for shower glass enclosure if you seal one door. Even one glass panel is good.

I dont intend to seal off any door

On 2/15/2018 at 11:28 PM, swatcL said:

hi,

Happy Chinese New Year! I am getting my 2 room next month @ buangkok. Its a 47 sqm. I have been reading this forum for the past couple of months. For the past 2-3 yrs, I didnt plan for anything, didnt look around for ideas because I know I will get super excited. Its only since 2-3 months, then I start to look around for ideas, went to Ikea, Courts to see what kind of furnishing I am interested. 

I haven not approached any ID, i am asking my friend (a contractor) to do the reno for me, I trust him to get the job done. Looking through all your contributions in the forum for the past 80 pages, I am impressed by all of you. I went to HDB gallery in Nov 2017 and saw the 47sqm 2 room layout, they used Ikea as designer and everything is ikea (before they change the layout in Dec17). I liked the layout and felt that I wanted to do a copy & paste. I went to Ikea online and did a computation and found that it would probably cost about 2.4K to furnish the living room & another 2K to furnish the bedroom.

My friend told me Ikea stuff is not durable, but I dun really agree on that because for their sofa, they give a 10yr warranty. I cannot find another furniture shop that give warranty more than 1-3 yrs. I loaded the HDB gallery fotos for all to see.

Please give me your views, what do you think if I do a copy & paste (living room & bedroom)? My layout is same as the HDB one. My flooring will be by HDB, dun intend to change it.

20171209_134744.jpg

20171209_134737 - Copy.jpg

20171104_111013.jpg

20171104_111025.jpg

20171209_134943.jpg

Congrats to yur new flat next mth. Same here I only did my research a year ago to what I really want for my new flat..Happy Chinese new year to u 

hi,

Happy Chinese New Year! I am getting my 2 room next month @ buangkok. Its a 47 sqm. I have been reading this forum for the past couple of months. For the past 2-3 yrs, I didnt plan for anything, didnt look around for ideas because I know I will get super excited. Its only since 2-3 months, then I start to look around for ideas, went to Ikea, Courts to see what kind of furnishing I am interested. 

I haven not approached any ID, i am asking my friend (a contractor) to do the reno for me, I trust him to get the job done. Looking through all your contributions in the forum for the past 80 pages, I am impressed by all of you. I went to HDB gallery in Nov 2017 and saw the 47sqm 2 room layout, they used Ikea as designer and everything is ikea (before they change the layout in Dec17). I liked the layout and felt that I wanted to do a copy & paste. I went to Ikea online and did a computation and found that it would probably cost about 2.4K to furnish the living room & another 2K to furnish the bedroom.

My friend told me Ikea stuff is not durable, but I dun really agree on that because for their sofa, they give a 10yr warranty. I cannot find another furniture shop that give warranty more than 1-3 yrs. I loaded the HDB gallery fotos for all to see.

Please give me your views, what do you think if I do a copy & paste (living room & bedroom)? My layout is same as the HDB one. My flooring will be by HDB, dun intend to change it.

as long as you are happy. It is your home. For you to do whatever you want. ;) 

I think Ikea got its good and bad lah. There are some who have only praises and some only criticism, so it also depends on they type of furniture you got. Just do your homework on the type of wood they used and etc. 

On 2/17/2018 at 2:10 PM, FrancisTay said:

Hi guys and gals, 

Happy New Year to all,

Due to the design of the toilet and the 2 doors, I was thinking of installing shower curtains in the shower area,

What u all think? 

If shower screen is not possible, then shower curtain is better than nothing. It does not divide the space and you can change the shower curtain when it gets too dirty or when you feel you want to change a new look. And it is definitely a much cheaper alternative.

Not sure if you have seen my bathroom picture? I also leave the 2 doors untouched and do a shower screen but my basin is inside the wet area.

The benefit of leaving both bathroom doors open is... much better ventilation and wet areas get dry really fast.

Edited by mmoh

On 17/02/2018 at 2:10 PM, FrancisTay said:

Hi guys and gals, 

Happy New Year to all,

What u all think? 

Actually, your toilet layout looks okay. At least your toilet bowl is at the corner. Unlike mine, which is right in the middle. You'll just need to figure out where to place your bathroom sink and shower area to create wet/dry.

Also, not sure whether u have collected key. Actual site visit will also affect your planning. For my case, my wet area is really narrow because of the floor trap. My id told me the floor trap could be moved but it'll void hdb 5yrs warranty. So i have decided to bear with it for at least 5yrs first.

IMG-20180126-WA0036.jpg.e1fc368cdc5e70bf11f33e65c5acdb48.jpg

My bathroom. If build shower kerb at blue line area, it'll hit the window. So have to build at red line area.

Hi All, 

finally collected my keys to my 2 room flat... just started trying to get ideas on design renov... any gd advise? not going to do renov immed.. but trying to see designs and also getting quote first..
any gd id to recomm?

the layout of the toilet is so weird... shower area directly infront of the toilet bowl and both are in the middle of the toilet... :( wanna go a wet/dry area..
but unless i shift the showerhead but can i shift it to the side? heard that because of all the piping enclosed, will be a prob to shift it..

also thinking of closing off 1 toilet door...  the most prob is the toilet.. giving me headache...

Layout.png

• Like 1

hi,

20171209_134744.jpg

20171209_134737 - Copy.jpg

20171104_111013.jpg

20171104_111025.jpg

20171209_134943.jpg

Like you, I really like the HDB 2 room  47 sqm interior design. I might do the same as well. Please keep us posted on your progress.

hi,

Strange, I replied yesterday night but it is hidden, think only I can see it... anyone knows why?

Posted 23 hours ago (edited) · Hidden

as long as you are happy. It is your home. For you to do whatever you want. ;) 

I think Ikea got its good and bad lah. There are some who have only praises and some only criticism, so it also depends on they type of furniture you got. Just do your homework on the type of wood they used and etc. 

On 2/17/2018 at 2:10 PM, FrancisTay said:

Hi guys and gals, 

Happy New Year to all,

What u all think? 

• If shower screen is not possible, then shower curtain is better than nothing. It does not divide the space and you can change the shower curtain when it gets too dirty or when you feel you want to change a new look. And it is definitely a much cheaper alternative.

Not sure if you have seen my bathroom picture? I also leave the 2 doors untouched and do a shower screen but my basin is inside the wet area.

The benefit of leaving both bathroom doors open is... much better ventilation and wet areas get dry really fast.

Edited by mmoh

test test

I posted 2 replies and yet both were hidden... what happened?

oh, now can post, but previous 2 posts still hidden...

anyway, replying to swatcL:

as long as you are happy. It is your home. For you to do whatever you want. ;) 

replying to francis:

If shower screen is not possible, then shower curtain is better than nothing. It does not divide the space and you can change the shower curtain when it gets too dirty or when you feel you want to change a new look. And it is definitely a much cheaper alternative.

Edited by mmoh

8 hours ago, lindatok said:

Hi All, 

finally collected my keys to my 2 room flat... just started trying to get ideas on design renov... any gd advise? not going to do renov immed.. but trying to see designs and also getting quote first..
any gd id to recomm?

the layout of the toilet is so weird... shower area directly infront of the toilet bowl and both are in the middle of the toilet... :( wanna go a wet/dry area..
but unless i shift the showerhead but can i shift it to the side? heard that because of all the piping enclosed, will be a prob to shift it..

also thinking of closing off 1 toilet door...  the most prob is the toilet.. giving me headache...

Layout.png

Congratulations babe to getting d keys 

18 hours ago, lindatok said:

Hi All, 

any gd id to recomm?

Layout.png

Hi linda,

Congrates on getting your keys. My floorplan is exactly the same as yours and i have the same toilet problem. However, I've managed to create wet/dry by shifting wet area to original sink area coz there's hot/cold water outlet at that area. And i've shifted the sink to the other side without doing much re-piping as i do not need hot water for sink. However my wet area is really narrow due to floor trap location and i need to overlay the original shower area wall to cover up the hot/cold water outlet and hdb special design tiles.

Regarding reno design, you've gotta pick a theme, colors and/or design elements of your preference. And once you have a direction, it'll be easy when you need to make decision on stuffs like furniture shopping, picking laminates, decorating your house and etc.