Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

@fiqa denny Lim thanks :)

@Ankle hi ankle.. ohh yours the same layout as mine!!  so the sink and the showerhead can be shift!!!! i'm so glad to hear that manz!!! i wanted to create the wet/dry area.. and with the layout and was told i cant shift any of them cos of the waterpipes.. i was dishearted manz... hehehhe... now tat i know it can be shift!! **** glad hahahhaha...

is your house fully done? can share some pic? am new here.. and there's over 100 pages.. missed out most of it... 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

ah... i think many posts other than mine got hidden too... cos I am sure I didnt see other posts when I posted yesterday and now it all can be seen.

congrats for key collection! and ya, why they place everything towards 1 side and leaving the other empty? what is the intention of that big space in the bathroom?

There are member decided to put washing machine in the bathroom and leave more space in the kitchen so this might be 1 alternative that you may consider though it can be quite messy on the drainage.

and then we are lucky to have @Ankle who is already in process of reno and can provide very practical advise.

btw, when will your reno be completed and can we go visit? :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

ah... i think many posts other than mine got hidden too... cos I am sure I didnt see other posts when I posted yesterday and now it all can be seen.

congrats for key collection! and ya, why they place everything towards 1 side and leaving the other empty? what is the intention of that big space in the bathroom?

There are member decided to put washing machine in the bathroom and leave more space in the kitchen so this might be 1 alternative that you may consider though it can be quite messy on the drainage.

and then we are lucky to have @Ankle who is already in process of reno and can provide very practical advise.

btw, when will your reno be completed and can we go visit? :D

There's a questionnaire when signing off defects and i've feedback about the toilet bowl location. The bsc folks gotten quite nervous when they see me writing stuff coz i think they're afraid that i'm complaining them. :P

My reno should be completed by end of march if there's no hiccups. Am targeting to move in by mid april. Feel free to drop by if the gang are interested to visit but most likely have to be May. We'll comm via whatsapp to arrange again after i've moved in can? :)

On 2/20/2018 at 9:01 PM, mmoh said:

as long as you are happy. It is your home. For you to do whatever you want. ;) 

I think Ikea got its good and bad lah. There are some who have only praises and some only criticism, so it also depends on they type of furniture you got. Just do your homework on the type of wood they used and etc. 

If shower screen is not possible, then shower curtain is better than nothing. It does not divide the space and you can change the shower curtain when it gets too dirty or when you feel you want to change a new look. And it is definitely a much cheaper alternative.

Not sure if you have seen my bathroom picture? I also leave the 2 doors untouched and do a shower screen but my basin is inside the wet area.

The benefit of leaving both bathroom doors open is... much better ventilation and wet areas get dry really fast.

thks... maybe i need to spend more time in ikea material. 

For toilet doors, i am considering to change to sliding doors (2 fold), to make it easy to slide open and occupy less space.

@mmoh thanks :) finally after waiting for 4 yrs.... i've no idea why the toilet layout is like tat... don't know what they thinking to design in such a way.. and leave a space at 1 side....haiz...

i've yet to sign off the defects thou.. will get it done soon... my toilet basin stopper.. the stainless steel thingy.. i think is stainless steel.. it cracked with spider webs crawling.. i don't understand how they can ignore it.. and the bomb shuttle door, the rubber linning? it already drop out... and other stuffs too.... will need to report it... 

@Ankle mind telling me how much is your renov cost? did you look for a id or just contractor to do the renov?

@lindatok did u have other defect problems from your new unit aside to u already mentioned on yur earlier post.

@mmoh there is a few post from me that was hidden for at least 2days. Wondering why also?? I tot some words are too sensitive to use Haha then the following day it jus appear. Strange ;)

Guys.. Did anyone here has done this kind of trail lights on the ceilings?? My qns is can I use those white light or day or cool light for this setting. I dun want to use those yellow spot lights. Clueless to this. 

Screenshot_20180128-162401.png

2 hours ago, lindatok said:

@mmoh

@Ankle mind telling me how much is your renov cost? did you look for a id or just contractor to do the renov?

My reno cost me ard 25-30k. 

Had gotten id from qanvas.

22 minutes ago, fiqa denny Lim said:

Guys.. Did anyone here has done this kind of trail lights on the ceilings?? My qns is can I use those white light or day or cool light for this setting. I dun want to use those yellow spot lights. Clueless to this. 

Screenshot_20180128-162401.png

Yes. Cold light is possible. Just need to get cold light bulb

17 hours ago, swatcL said:

For toilet doors, i am considering to change to sliding doors (2 fold), to make it easy to slide open and occupy less space.

You'll have to see whether there's space for sliding door. I original wanted sliding door for kitchen bathroom entrance but had to give up because the storage heater hot/cold water outlet had block the way. Always remember to have a plan b in mind because some of the stuff can only be confirmed after site visit.

19 hours ago, swatcL said:

that is bi-fold door. but your bathroom door not provided? I thought all bathroom doors are provided and all I have seen are bi-fold.

@fiqa denny Lim yes, there’s tons of other defects I found when I just roughly run through.. had not yet done the full checking yet. Other than the 2 I mentioned,  there’s prob wif the finishing at the doors and toilet doors too.. the skirting around the bedroom door, it seems they just anyhow paint it.. it’s so ugly and messy looking... faint.. 

Only just registered to open a utility acct with sp online today.. think I would need to wait for it to be activate before I can check the water right...  

@Ankle wow! 25-30k!! That’s quite a lot right.. 

Edited by lindatok

6 hours ago, Ankle said:

My reno cost me ard 25-30k. 

Had gotten id from qanvas.

Oh my gosh that's a lot for a 2room unit @Ankle I am sure it's going to look really awesome. Dun forget d pics ya :rolleyes: anyway love the shower panel that u install. 

On 2/23/2018 at 12:07 AM, swatcL said:

Are u going to use more of ikea products for yur flat?? Do u intend to use ikea kitchen cabinets too @swatcL 

Does anyone here uses and install the ikea kitchen cabinets???