Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I am wondering if it is possible to semi DIY.
As in get a contractor to dismantle the bedroom wall, do cement screeding,, prepare the light points.

Then I proceed to DIY the flooring, do my own cabinets from DIY systems. fix my own lights and fans to the prepared points.
Then arrange for plumber to connect the prepared parts for me.

As in I would like to get most of my items from Tmall and do my own DIY (those part which I can manage). As in I am confident of assembling the kitchen cabinet with faucet top but would need to leave the actual plumbing to a plumber (who I would engage to do all the plumbing when my part have been done)?

Anyone been here done that?

Thanks in advance for any advice as I am probably getting my keys around June and would like to be prepared.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am exactly not "ban dang", but for those who had collected keys and start renovating or move in, 

do u guys and gals do any so call door opening ritual?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mmoh said:

$158 B4 GST

that is solid surface.

Thankiu sis @mmohmaybe I am going to get something like yurs too. With darker grey for the  cabinet top 

Edited by fiqa denny Lim

4 minutes ago, FrancisTay said:

I am exactly not "ban dang", but for those who had collected keys and start renovating or move in, 

No 

Edited by fiqa denny Lim

thanks for the advice.

Today is key collection date and my mun is passing some stuff for the door opening.

Like what i say, not ban dang but just listen to my mum and perform some simple ones

@Francis Tay.. i did.. my mom got the help from the master to help pray....was told not to open the house when sun had set.. so is best always when the sun is bright like in the morning or early afternoon.. FYI..

On 3/8/2018 at 12:47 PM, FrancisTay said:

thanks for the advice.

Today is key collection date and my mun is passing some stuff for the door opening.

Like what i say, not ban dang but just listen to my mum and perform some simple one

@FrancisTay

Edited by fiqa denny Lim

Didn't perform any ritual coz i think these rituals are more appropriate to do during move in day. I did pick auspicious date to start reno and moving in tho. 

14 hours ago, FrancisTay said:

Nice,

Which place did u went to look for sinks?

I was lazy. My ID package comes with $1k voucher from Lights and Bathroom Solutions Pte Ltd so I chose most of my fittings from this company.

10 hours ago, FrancisTay said:

I did nothing for door opening and reno.

Hi All,

I'm new here. Have been reading the forum till page 50 until I decided to skip all the way back. Lol! I have just selected my unit last month. I noticed the floor plan for the toilet for some of you is a little different from mine. Does that mean that my toilet will only have one door? Mine is 45 sq mtrs 2-room unit at Bukit Batok. Estimated delivery possession date is Nov 2022. Still a long way to go!

IMG_20180310_0003.jpg

Edited by Melody2205
Rescan floor plan

2 hours ago, fiqa denny Lim said:

Wanna ask u guys what is this black  bold on some parts of the floor plan means?? 

_20180311_122601.JPG

Those thick bold lines indicate critical structural walls which cannot be hacked.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 1:16 AM, Melody2205 said:

Hi All,

I'm new here. Have been reading the forum till page 50 until I decided to skip all the way back. Lol! I have just selected my unit last month. I noticed the floor plan for the toilet for some of you is a little different from mine. Does that mean that my toilet will only have one door? Mine is 45 sq mtrs 2-room unit at Bukit Batok. Estimated delivery possession date is Nov 2022. Still a long way to go!

IMG_20180310_0003.jpg

Hello babe hi hi and welcome to this forum. Regarding yur washroom door Its seems like there is only one door to it as u mentioned. I guess hdb have design another new  layout of the new batch of flats. Anyway many 2roomers here have decided to seal one door of their unit so u kind of lucky to have only one door to the washroom. 

2022 wow u can save enough money babe for your renovation of the flat. 

Edited by fiqa denny Lim

• Haha 1