Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

16 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Nice. if the tiles are textured thats very good.
Personally I feel grouting issues is not very big issue for me, as long as I disinfect and mop weekly,
i'm not overly concerned if the grout turn black. Eventually i guess it will still turn black due to age anyways.

I like your floor design because it gels well with the wall pattern.
I realize your living room floor rug also got geometric patterns (very nice looking btw) :D
You must be someone who like patterns and variety

I'm not so adventurous as yours lol, as i scare the pattern I choose not nice or too "messy" lol.
So i just chose simple and plain type of tiles.

I told my ID I wanted a colorful house, and she was like "....???" lol but then in the end she came up with a lovely design and I really love my house.

• Like 1

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 12/03/2018 at 2:03 PM, Suneeta Devi said:

Hi everyone! So it's been about two months since I've moved into my new flat, and I have to say that overall I'm quite happy. I do have some regrets, but they are minor. One is my toilet floor - which I really feel in future I will go for function over form, as it looks stylish but I think bigger tiles for the toilet are better? It does look nice though - no regrets for the wall at least!

IMG_6343.jpg.a1af3e4934d3ddc8dc2683e4388f6617.jpg

Someone mentioned they wanted to do a half-wall to divide their room? I would recommend full glass instead of half-glass - the sun really gets blocked by a half-wall! Also your living room becomes tiny...but that's to be expected. I have no TV, but be warned that a couch + coffee table + tv console is near impossible (though I guess you could always build-in your tv console).

IMG_6740.jpg.43b27e8e338fd88361b9d53efa658b06.jpg

Also if I were to do it again I would possibly not make this living room carpentry and put the tv console there instead? So that my couch can face it and then I might have space for a small dining table. But that's...eh. I never eat at the table anyway so it's a small matter. Overall I'm pretty pleased!

IMG_6702.jpg.37c690c6ddd1ed3aa79043df7d38bda2.jpg

Thanks for the advise for the half wall glass. Now I have a better idea of what I want for the tiny room to be. Maybe I could like it to be something like that with curtain. And I really like this kind of wardrobe too 

Screenshot_20180314-142508.png

Screenshot_20180224-214517.png

Edited by Ms Tan

On 3/12/2018 at 5:30 AM, ryanyth said:

Nice flat design you have there Melody.
Your floor plan for toilet is exactly same as mine, yes it will have only 1 door.

DB Box is well placed, can definitely be used as a shoe cabinet since its just next to the main door.
Kitchen is long without any funny corners, easy to plan for your kitchen cabinet.
Do you mind attaching the HDB Proposed Design here too? Because this one will give you a gauge
where the water points are so you will know agar agar where to place your kitchen sink etc.

The bedroom sliding door however, I suspect you may want to replace it.
From my experience of sliding door, HDB sliding door is very terok. Mine was stuck constantly, had a bad rust smell too.
It was the first item I needed to get rid off immediately lol. That said, the sliding door given to me by HDB was old model. Hopefully yours is better.

If you are replacing the sliding door, I can foresee that your reno budget may need to increase quite abit,
because you will also need to hack away the false wall and if that false wall contains any electrical outlets, there is another cost of re-wiring,
and of course if you still want to partition off your bedroom, you may need to re-build another false wall.

There are some new items i noticed circled in red.
Anyone knows what they are?

Item 1: What is this thing in the bedroom?

Item 2: What is this little notch?

Item 3: Is this a blocked off wall? or a raised platform kerb for Washing machine?

IMG_20180310_0003.jpg.1870cefa15e8e329cc8a026bc9d438dc.jpg.70f659ed9880645e96f5ce98832c54d4.jpg

A pic of my layout taken from HDB website. The direction is different from my unit.

layoutideas_BB_N4C22-cropped.jpg

Edited by Melody2205

On 3/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, Ms Tan said:

Thanks for the advise for the half wall glass. Now I have a better idea of what I want for the tiny room to be. Maybe I could like it to be something like that with curtain. And I really like this kind of wardrobe too 

this type of wardrobe must maintain it nice nice inside...

20 hours ago, Melody2205 said:

A pic of my layout taken from HDB website. The direction is different from my unit.

cant see pic.

Edited by mmoh

5 hours ago, Melody2205 said:

I've edited and re-attached the pic. 

Really like how your apartment is laid out. You shouldn't have too much trouble
in your renovation design, as you have plenty of space and clean corners to work around with.

The only thing I see may be an issue is the bedroom sliding door because from my personal
experience, the sliding door I got from HDB was very poor quality. Move move abit get stuck and even
with a bad rust smell. Hopefully yours will be good, so you won't want to change / remove it.

No issues If you want to shift your kitchen sink closer to the Refridgerator,
as they will just need to extend the water pipe. That is if you even want to do that.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, Ms Tan said:

Screenshot_20180314-142508.png

That's a great idea for the wall! I got curtains as well but I barely use them - I find the room so stifling when I draw the curtains because I chose heavier curtains...will replace them with lighter, day curtains when I have the time (also my cat likes to come and go as he pleases haha). The wardrobe idea is great as well (i could not do that as my wardrobe is way too messy, heh. I chose this for my wardrobe - one wardrobe on each side.

IMG_6779.jpg.5feafe6461801cb260dbcb0aacb38c73.jpg

IMG_6780.jpg.877afb5cc669be5e4f0b136a3e40f0ef.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ryanyth said:

Really like how your apartment is laid out. You shouldn't have too much trouble
in your renovation design, as you have plenty of space and clean corners to work around with.

The only thing I see may be an issue is the bedroom sliding door because from my personal
experience, the sliding door I got from HDB was very poor quality. Move move abit get stuck and even
with a bad rust smell. Hopefully yours will be good, so you won't want to change / remove it.

No issues If you want to shift your kitchen sink closer to the Refridgerator,
as they will just need to extend the water pipe. That is if you even want to do that.

Your layout is great! So fortunate that you only  have one toilet door and it's in the living room so you don't have to seal up a door like I did. :)

On 3/14/2018 at 11:49 PM, Melody2205 said:

this layout quite good, already planned for you the L-shaped shower screen, got enough space in bedroom for queen size bed + wardrobe and seems still got ample walking space. only thing is toilet door open to living room but luckily is facing wall.

10 hours ago, mmoh said:

this layout quite good, already planned for you the L-shaped shower screen, got enough space in bedroom for queen size bed + wardrobe and seems still got ample walking space. only thing is toilet door open to living room but luckily is facing wall.

Ya, luckily the toilet door is facing the wall of the bomb shelter. Else I would have to eat facing the toilet at the dining area.:lol:

11 minutes ago, Ankle said:

My kitchen cabinets almost done. Think cooker hood abit too low.. 

20180317_115229.jpg.0c1588236dc50355fea61cdca6b20866.jpg

That is a very nice kitchen cabinet @Ankleespecially the black cabinets and that black sink mixer . I have a super huge thing on dark colors cabinet. Is yur bedroom design done yet?? 

On 3/14/2018 at 11:49 PM, Melody2205 said:

Very nice layout ideas for the new bto design. Many great ideas can be incorporated into this new design. Love the bathroom too. Maybe u can consider install a mini bathtub there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fiqa denny Lim said:

That is a very nice kitchen cabinet @Ankleespecially the black cabinets and that black sink mixer . I have a super huge thing on dark colors cabinet. Is yur bedroom design done yet?? 

My bathroom accessories are also mainly black and brass from taobao.

Bedroom not yet. Probably next week.