Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 20/05/2018 at 7:16 PM, CaseBlue said:

Hi Ankle, 

I have the toilet layout with 2 doors and am having great headache, look like you have changed the basin area into shower area? Do you have more photos to share please? Can we get rid of the false ceiling? 

Yes, i have replaced original basin area wif shower and move basin to the other side in order to create wet/dry. And i have overlay original shower wall tile to cover up hot/cold water outlet.

Also, my wet area is abit narrow (70cm width) due to the position of the floor trap. As shown in the photo, my shower kerb can only be built at red line area. Blue line area would overlap with windows. Floor trap cannot be moved unless u want to void hdb 5yrs warranty.

IMG-20180126-WA0036.jpg.2ac53f8364baff003fb8f0053ada9ea6.jpg

Dun think it's advisable to remove false ceiling as i think the pipes are conceal inside the false ceilings.  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

@lindatok and @CaseBlue,

As you have moved the shower area next to kitchen bathroom entrance, you may need to consider about water leakage from that entrance when you shower.

When i first moved in, my kitchen is always flooded after i've showered. Not sure whether hdb bathroom door is diff as i have changed the bathroom doors to frosted glass bi-folding. The situation had improved after the door ppl to fix it but my kitchen floor is still wet sometimes if i'm not careful when showering... :(

Water leakage as shown in pic before fixing. Red circle is source of water leakage.

20180419_094028.jpg.9f6641aafd4ff56ee3978ec33fc9ab06.jpg

Edited by Ankle

12 hours ago, mmoh said:

hmm... this direction... there will be water seep in between the gap of the 2 green lines... I cant think of a solution for this... Cos if reverse (right green line is fixed and sliding left green line is on the other side of the kerb, water will seep into the dry area and it is not practical to fixed the left green line and make the right green line the sliding one... if u all understand what i mean... -_-"

Not true leh..  my bathroom sliding is the same as shown in the pic with fixed panel on right side and sliding on left side. I don't have any water leakage problem on that side.

Hi ankle . 

May I know is it only basin can relocation cos my toilet bowl is facing the door . If toilet bowl and basin exchange will be great . But if relocation not cheap right ? Thank you 

20180512_143747_146_mh1526107659919.jpg

Edited by vinzho

12 hours ago, vinzho said:

Morning . 

Just to ask . cos I didn't opt in that mean no flooring for living room and bed room so will the room sliding door be install ? 

If still install then should I keep it or is it better to change to swing door ?

you can write in to hdb providing your IC no. and check with them. I did that.

If there is, you may want to see the actual item before deciding.

8 hours ago, Ankle said:

Not true leh..  my bathroom sliding is the same as shown in the pic with fixed panel on right side and sliding on left side. I don't have any water leakage problem on that side.

If so then that will be good.

3 hours ago, vinzho said:

Hi ankle . 

May I know is it only basin can relocation cos my toilet bowl is facing the door . If toilet bowl and basin exchange will be great . But if relocation not cheap right ? Thank you 

toilet bowl... I think different leh, cos the outlet is to different sewerage pipe leh.

Hi ankle . 

As what mm had replied, toilet bowl position cannot move.

12 hours ago, vinzho said:

Morning . 

Just to ask . cos I didn't opt in that mean no flooring for living room and bed room so will the room sliding door be install ? 

If still install then should I keep it or is it better to change to swing door ?

Hi @vinzho, for 2-Room Flexi (Type 2), sliding door will be install with or without OCS.  Only different are those "Type 1" either 2 panels door with wall or 3 panels door without wall. As for swing door, older BTO have it, nowadays mostly sliding unless upon key collection then we can find out because HDB have the options* as stated in most brochures.

Hi ankle . 

Sewage pipe is different from normal water drainage pipe, mine also toilet bowl facing toilet door, just too bad it was designed as such.:(

11 minutes ago, Studio45 said:

Sewage pipe is different from normal water drainage pipe, mine also toilet bowl facing toilet door, just too bad it was designed as such.:(

really stupid design from the HDB designer. who would want to have a dining area facing the toilet bowl... -_-

if the door need to face living room dining area, at least change it to basin still not that bad. guess gonna close the bathroom door most of the time liao, which does not help on the ventilation.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ankle said:

@lindatok and @CaseBlue,

As you have moved the shower area next to kitchen bathroom entrance, you may need to consider about water leakage from that entrance when you shower.

When i first moved in, my kitchen is always flooded after i've showered. Not sure whether hdb bathroom door is diff as i have changed the bathroom doors to frosted glass bi-folding. The situation had improved after the door ppl to fix it but my kitchen floor is still wet sometimes if i'm not careful when showering... :(

Water leakage as shown in pic before fixing. Red circle is source of water leakage.

20180419_094028.jpg.9f6641aafd4ff56ee3978ec33fc9ab06.jpg

Thanks @Ankle for the info.

Is the leak because your kerb too low? cos I can't really see the kerb from the photo...

58 minutes ago, CaseBlue said:

Is the leak because your kerb too low? cos I can't really see the kerb from the photo...

Mine also got water seep to the kitchen every time... >_<

52 minutes ago, vinzho said:

Ok . Thanks for all the replys . 

Then the bedroom door can change to swing door ?

can. but then bi-fold door save more space compare to swing door.

1 hour ago, CaseBlue said:

I didn't built shower kerb at the entrance. Dun think there's space coz wet area quite narrow.

It has been a long time since I last participated here... Based on posts, it seems that most of you would like to have wet/dry areas. And I managed to achieve it, thanks to lots of fabulous ideas from here. Mine is not a perfect wet/dry area but better than nothing as long as my fussy feet don't have to feel too soapy or wet when stepping into bathroom for brushing teeth or doing business =)

1) Relocated basin to the opposite wall just in front of toilet bowl (WC). Basin outlet is inside the shower kerb. Basin hot/cold water inlet pipes are connected to the water heater hot/cold inlet where shower is located at. Lots of pipes over there. Unsightly i know..

2) Installed sliding shower screen. Shower area is about 70cm wide. Acceptable for me until I put on weight (touchwood)

3) Small hole in the shower kerb to let water from wet area into the main floor trap (dry area). Actually there is a small floor trap near shower but too bad that it is mainly for water heater drainage and the floor slope is inclined towards main floor trap near toilet bowl (WC). That's why a hole had to be made on the shower kerb.

Note: I retained both two toilet entrances instead of sealing one, for some reasons. Yes water sometimes seeped into kitchen floor during shower. Not often though.

2RmBTO.jpg

Edited by greenbunny