Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

2 hours ago, swatcL said:

mmoh, I saw you got the glass sliding sitting on the kerb. U asked the contractor to build the kerb and match the tiles? I find the kerb is a good idea to divide wet/dry toilet.

Hdb will give u 5 spare tiles for each of the tiles used in your unit. U can buy the tiles from bsc if you need more.

59 minutes ago, rainbow1979 said:

hi guys, does HDB have standard measurements for BTO 2 room windows (Width x height) on living room and bedroom? I would like to calculate the cost of doing additional frames to my bto flat going to ready in a few mths time.

Thanks!!

No standard. Every bto should be different.

Do you plan to change the window including the frame? This is not allowed for the first 3 or 5 years i cant rmb which.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 hour ago, mmoh said:

Hdb will give u 5 spare tiles for each of the tiles used in your unit. U can buy the tiles from bsc if you need more.

Do you plan to change the window including the frame? This is not allowed for the first 3 or 5 years i cant rmb which.

no bro, i am thinking of adding wooden shutters to the windows.

9 hours ago, rainbow1979 said:

hi guys, does HDB have standard measurements for BTO 2 room windows (Width x height) on living room and bedroom? I would like to calculate the cost of doing additional frames to my bto flat going to ready in a few mths time.

Thanks!!

You can actually measure the width from floorplan. Just print out your floorplan on A4 size paper and use ruler to measure and times 100 to get rough estimate. Learnt this when i was scouting for IDs that the scale is ard 1:100 on A4 size paper.

As for height, living rm is usually 3/4 of wall and bedroom 1/2 of wall excluding beam.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:08 PM, rainbow1979 said:

no bro, i am thinking of adding wooden shutters to the windows.

my guess is the vendor would want to be onsite measure.

On 5/26/2018 at 3:53 PM, mmoh said:

oh ok....thanks. Didnt know can buy tiles. You have given me a great idea. I plan to do a sliding door at the toilet, something like yours.

@Ankle hihi, thanks, will take note of the waterproofing of the consealed wall... 

i saw your shower area, you conseal that thing on the floor, may i know how you run the pipe to your basin? i assume it is on the other side of the wc? 

On 5/25/2018 at 8:58 AM, Ankle said:

Mine was cutoff patched with some white thingy as shown in photo below. You'll need to overlay your bathroom floor if you want to cover that up.

Already installed floor guard thingy as shown in photo below... situation improved by alittle only.

20180525_085221.jpg.ce84e8e3b0bb4f9eecb4afbc4ec6bd7f.jpg

wow good idea for floor guard like this.. I will copycat you :P And of course, if i happen to have another idea, i will share here.

@CaseBlue sure, here are the pictures of original and being-renovated bathroom. Since it prevented me from uploading more pictures, I will upload pics of completed bathroom in the next post.

bathroom01.JPG

bathroom02.JPG

bathroom04.JPG

bathroom05.JPG

bathroom06.JPG

bathroom08.JPG

bathroom10.JPG

bathroom07b.jpg

• Like 1

@CaseBlue Here are the pictures of my completed bathroom. Hope it will help.

Note: My bedroom-side toilet door (slide and swing) has customized dual locks. This way, I can lock from bedroom for privacy whenever i have overnight guests =)

bathroom19.JPG

bathroom20.JPG

bathroom21.JPG

bathroom22.JPG

bathroom25.JPG

bathroom18.JPG

• Like 4

On 5/26/2018 at 1:27 PM, swatcL said:

mmoh, I saw you got the glass sliding sitting on the kerb. U asked the contractor to build the kerb and match the tiles? I find the kerb is a good idea to divide wet/dry toilet.

Actually I happened to pick free bathroom tiles up where my neighbor discarded outside =) And I also collected complimentary tiles from some kind residents via Facebook group of the same precinct (yes I was thickskinned). Actually tiles may look a bit different from original if you were to purchase from BSC office.

@greenbunny come on, dun be shy, show us more pics (non-bathroom) ;) 

1 hour ago, greenbunny said:

@CaseBlue sure, here are the pictures of original and being-renovated bathroom. Since it prevented me from uploading more pictures, I will upload pics of completed bathroom in the next post.

bathroom02.JPG

how does the original basin location piping looks like now? It is lucky that you got 2 floor traps.

wow good idea for floor guard like this.. I will copycat you :P And of course, if i happen to have another idea, i will share here.

but then your shower head is position away from the bathroom door so should not have water seeping out to kitchen issue?

47 minutes ago, greenbunny said:

Actually I happened to pick free bathroom tiles up where my neighbor discarded outside =) And I also collected complimentary tiles from some kind residents via Facebook group of the same precinct (yes I was thickskinned). Actually tiles may look a bit different from original if you were to purchase from BSC office.

Many neighbours will throw unwanted tiles away. I do gave away unwanted tiles to neighbours too so dun need to be pai seh. Join your FB BTO group. sharing is caring. <3 

Edited by mmoh

Note: My bedroom-side toilet door (slide and swing) has customized dual locks. This way, I can lock from bedroom for privacy whenever i have overnight guests =)

bathroom19.JPG

bathroom20.JPG

bathroom21.JPG

bathroom22.JPG

bathroom25.JPG

bathroom18.JPG

:wub: Beautiful bathroom @greenbunny, got a peek at the living room sofa plus carpet too.  Please share more photos like what @mmoh mentioned.

:)Thanks.

Grenbunny that's a great idea! thanks for sharing... i know where to look for tiles now.  Your bathroom looked really nice and the lighting give it a very cosy feel. The dual door system is a great idea. Where you get that door from?

I saw in your foto, you installed instant water heater. And there are 2 metal pipes running on to of the water heater. Hot / Cold water pipe?

2 hours ago, greenbunny said:

bathroom01.JPG

bathroom02.JPG

bathroom04.JPG

bathroom05.JPG

bathroom06.JPG

bathroom08.JPG

bathroom10.JPG

bathroom07b.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing!

Though the layout is different from mine, but I think the drainage is a totally brilliant idea... extending the pipes and hiding inside the kerb... i didn't even think of it before ... though might not be possible in my toilet but this is a great idea ... 

BTW where does the piping in the fifth photo draining from? Is that from the small hole in the shower kerb?

Edited by CaseBlue

2 hours ago, greenbunny said:

bathroom19.JPG

bathroom20.JPG

bathroom21.JPG

bathroom22.JPG

bathroom25.JPG

bathroom18.JPG

Such a cosy bathroom, the water heater pipes look complicated but so long as they work. The dual lock is a great idea .. gonna see if I can copy that too ... XD