Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

@greenbunny come on, dun be shy, show us more pics (non-bathroom) ;) 

how does the original basin location piping looks like now? It is lucky that you got 2 floor traps.

but then your shower head is position away from the bathroom door so should not have water seeping out to kitchen issue?

Many neighbours will throw unwanted tiles away. I do gave away unwanted tiles to neighbours too so dun need to be pai seh. Join your FB BTO group. sharing is caring. <3 

hahaha ok ok i will try to overcome my shyness by sharing more pics of my whole house soon..

20170827Image142122.png.f99dd06202f6ca8243b44b93eef63044.png

Are you refering to the original basin location piping as shown in the above pic?

Well, the small floor trap at the shower area is still no use because most of the water would flow down towards the big floor trap near WC. That's why there is a hole at the shower kerb. When i first saw it, I got excited until I tested pouring water on the floor.. Ouch!

I tend to stand besides shower wall because I don't want water to "slap" on my face if I were to stand in front of shower wall :P *whispering* I sometimes point my shower head at the door to remove soap off the door haha.. I have to stop this habit.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
2 hours ago, Studio45 said:

:wub: Beautiful bathroom @greenbunny, got a peek at the living room sofa plus carpet too.  Please share more photos like what @mmoh mentioned.

:)Thanks.

*shying away* Thank you for your kind words. yes I will take photos during daytime and then share here =)

2 hours ago, swatcL said:

Grenbunny that's a great idea! thanks for sharing... i know where to look for tiles now.  Your bathroom looked really nice and the lighting give it a very cosy feel. The dual door system is a great idea. Where you get that door from?

I saw in your foto, you installed instant water heater. And there are 2 metal pipes running on to of the water heater. Hot / Cold water pipe?

Thank you for your lovely comment on my bathroom. Oh my ID-contractor ordered bathroom doors for me. I will ask him where he ordered from because my friends also want to know. Then I will let you know.

Yes it's instant water heater but actually it is multi-point, not conventional (single-point) type. Hence besides shower, I can have hot/cold water at basin tap mixer as well. It works like storage heater (hot/water piping) but no need to wait for preheating. You may refer to http://www.bennington.com.sg/faq-on-iemwh/ for more information =) So far, it works so fine for me.

2 hours ago, CaseBlue said:

Thank you so much for sharing!

Though the layout is different from mine, but I think the drainage is a totally brilliant idea... extending the pipes and hiding inside the kerb... i didn't even think of it before ... though might not be possible in my toilet but this is a great idea ... 

BTW where does the piping in the fifth photo draining from? Is that from the small hole in the shower kerb?

After looking at your floor plan, you can make concerte box (also can be used as shelf for shampoo, shower gel, etc..) to cover/hide outlet, then extend to the kerb, and then hide inside kerb towards basin on the opposite wall. Something like that. And you are lucky that you don't have to add in extra piping for basin/shower unlike mine.

Which piping in the fifth photo? Are you refering to "hook" pipe on the left side on the accent bathroom wall with black tape? I am told that it is to connect storage heater's drain point to the drain pipe.

The hole in the shower kerb is just to drain water (including soap and even hair) from the wet area to the big floor trap besides WC (dry area) because of the floor slope. That's why small floor trap near shower wall is almost useless.

2 hours ago, CaseBlue said:

Such a cosy bathroom, the water heater pipes look complicated but so long as they work. The dual lock is a great idea .. gonna see if I can copy that too ... XD

Thank you for your kind comment! haha of course you are welcome to copy that too. I copied ideas from others here too! Like what mmoh said, sharing is caring =)

Hi green bunny . 

Your reno also cost 15k ? 

Please share more pics 

Thank you.  

Mine also at bb but still need to wait few more years 

8 hours ago, greenbunny said:

hahaha ok ok i will try to overcome my shyness by sharing more pics of my whole house soon..

20170827Image142122.png.f99dd06202f6ca8243b44b93eef63044.png

Are you refering to the original basin location piping as shown in the above pic?

Well, the small floor trap at the shower area is still no use because most of the water would flow down towards the big floor trap near WC. That's why there is a hole at the shower kerb. When i first saw it, I got excited until I tested pouring water on the floor.. Ouch!

I tend to stand besides shower wall because I don't want water to "slap" on my face if I were to stand in front of shower wall :P *whispering* I sometimes point my shower head at the door to remove soap off the door haha.. I have to stop this habit.

Yes, I am asking for current look.

oh, so shower slanted instead of direct? what is the width from shower wall to the glass door?

Now i after shower hor, 1st use a scrapper to scrap the water from wall and doors, then use a clothe to wipe all wall and doors dry, then use mop to mop floor dry... by the time i finish these, perspire again... >_< never so hard working b4... -_-

10 hours ago, CaseBlue said:

BTW where does the piping in the fifth photo draining from? Is that from the small hole in the shower kerb?

that gray pipe is it? that is from the aircon.

7 hours ago, greenbunny said:

After looking at your floor plan, you can make concerte box (also can be used as shelf for shampoo, shower gel, etc..) to cover/hide outlet, then extend to the kerb, and then hide inside kerb towards basin on the opposite wall. Something like that. And you are lucky that you don't have to add in extra piping for basin/shower unlike mine.

Which piping in the fifth photo? Are you refering to "hook" pipe on the left side on the accent bathroom wall with black tape? I am told that it is to connect storage heater's drain point to the drain pipe.

The hole in the shower kerb is just to drain water (including soap and even hair) from the wet area to the big floor trap besides WC (dry area) because of the floor slope. That's why small floor trap near shower wall is almost useless.

if u overlay the floor tiles then the slope issue can be resolved right? to angle the floor tiles for the water to flow to the trap at the shower area instead.

Hi @greenbunny, overall, it's very nice and cosy bathroom. I also like your kitchen cabinet design. Also, did you do your own flooring? I take it is vinyl? How much does it cost you for flooring and kitchen cabinet? Cheers.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, fiqa denny Lim said:

Hello guys can u help me on the ID payment method and what's the best percentages, pls comment on the pic attached. Sis @mmoh pls feedback. Thanks uolls in advance 

_20180529_193843.JPG

My Payment Terms:

10% upon commencement of Awarded Jobs

35% progressive payment

40% upon measurement and fabrication of wood-joinery works

15% upon completion ( exclude additional or variation order ) 

19 hours ago, greenbunny said:

Thank you for your lovely comment on my bathroom. Oh my ID-contractor ordered bathroom doors for me. I will ask him where he ordered from because my friends also want to know. Then I will let you know.

Yes it's instant water heater but actually it is multi-point, not conventional (single-point) type. Hence besides shower, I can have hot/cold water at basin tap mixer as well. It works like storage heater (hot/water piping) but no need to wait for preheating. You may refer to http://www.bennington.com.sg/faq-on-iemwh/ for more information =) So far, it works so fine for me.

ohh thanks. never heard of multi point water heater. Is it costly?

On 5/29/2018 at 5:41 AM, vinzho said:

Hi green bunny . 

Your reno also cost 15k ? 

Please share more pics 

Thank you.  

Mine also at bb but still need to wait few more years 

My reno cost $16K.
Yes I will share more pictures soon.
Oh waving hello to my fellow BB resident! Which precinct?

On 5/29/2018 at 9:57 AM, mmoh said:

Yes, I am asking for current look.

oh, so shower slanted instead of direct? what is the width from shower wall to the glass door?

Now i after shower hor, 1st use a scrapper to scrap the water from wall and doors, then use a clothe to wipe all wall and doors dry, then use mop to mop floor dry... by the time i finish these, perspire again... >_< never so hard working b4... -_-

that gray pipe is it? that is from the aircon.

if u overlay the floor tiles then the slope issue can be resolved right? to angle the floor tiles for the water to flow to the trap at the shower area instead.

Yeah shower is slanted to give me more horizontal space. 70cm wide from shower wall to the glass door. haha good for you to be so hardworking - part of exercise.. ouch at your perspiration.. so turn on a/c first before starting to clean? :P 

Oops you right about that gray pipe - i must be lousy at counting which picture (5th).. Yes it is from the aircon.

Exactly! Overlaying of the floor tiles to adjust slope issue is the only way but I chose not because it would be level with kitchen floor (then more more seeping water into kitchen) and I was trying to cut costs. Once waterproofing warranty expires in 3 years, I may do another renovation including hacking only for this bathroom. If only my pocket is too fat and need to shed some "weight".

19 hours ago, SuperZ said:

Hi @greenbunny, overall, it's very nice and cosy bathroom. I also like your kitchen cabinet design. Also, did you do your own flooring? I take it is vinyl? How much does it cost you for flooring and kitchen cabinet? Cheers.

Yes I opted out of Optional Component Scheme so I did my own flooring - correct, it is vinyl. Vinyl flooring is part of my ID-contractor quotation. Vinyl flooring including skirting costs me $1900. The kitchen costs are as below:-

-To supply and install Laminated kitchen cabinet with abs trimming 15ft $ 1,980.00
-To supply and install laminated full ht cabinet cover pipe and dish rack 3ft $ 330.00
-To supply and install kompac plus tabletop single profile 15ft $ 1,425.00

14 hours ago, swatcL said:

ohh thanks. never heard of multi point water heater. Is it costly?

The standard price is $288 but as a kiasu person, I grabbed Lazada voucher to purchase it for $254 =)

16 hours ago, mmoh said:

My Payment Terms:

10% upon commencement of Awarded Jobs

35% progressive payment

40% upon measurement and fabrication of wood-joinery works

15% upon completion ( exclude additional or variation order ) 

Deposit 20%
30% Upon Starting
45% Upon Confirmation of cabinet
5% Upon Handling Over

At first i thought that 20% deposit is kind of too much but luckily my ID-contractor didn't run away till the end :P

Hi @greenbunny, thank you for sharing. Since you opt out OCS and laid vinyl flooring, did you have to do cement screed before laying vinyl? If so, did you have HDB or private contractor doing it? Also, hat is the cost?

1 hour ago, SuperZ said:

Hi @greenbunny, thank you for sharing. Since you opt out OCS and laid vinyl flooring, did you have to do cement screed before laying vinyl? If so, did you have HDB or private contractor doing it? Also, hat is the cost?

Since I had to save $1400 quoted by private contractor, I got HDB contractor to do it instead for free. Well, I waited for O.N.E and H.A.L.F months because many residents also requested for cement screeding! sigh.. luckily I was not in hurry to move in. I collected keys in end Oct 2017 but because of long wait for cement screeding, renovation couldn't start until first week of Dec 2017.. Renovation took about 2 months including end-year holidays and CNY blackout. I moved in officially in mid-March 2018.