Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

11 hours ago, CaseBlue said:

@mmoh i am trying to achieve max space but i was told need a gap bet fridge n stove to be safe. So guess the measurements i got are the norm.

oh, u meant u had left a gap for your fridge so u need to know the size of the fridge?

my fridge is about 60cm. i think your gap need to have 60cm + 10cm + 10cm (10cm on each side) is enough as most 2 door fridge is about this width. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi GreenBunny,

Thanks for sharing what you have gone through, did you self check or your I.D. go through the defects with you?

Edited by MiniBean
hidden?

18 hours ago, Vinz said:

Hi suneeta devi 

Sealing up ,water proofing, tiles ,remove the door =750 ? 

Then you know the hacking price include install the door ?

Install which door? The other side of the bathroom? The other side when they overlaid the floor they gave me a curb so the original door cannot use...so they replace with a new door FOC.

Actually I calculate again ah...to seal up that wall (they must seal up AND tile both sides), I think total is $875.

18 hours ago, mmoh said:

oh, u meant u had left a gap for your fridge so u need to know the size of the fridge?

my fridge is about 60cm. i think your gap need to have 60cm + 10cm + 10cm (10cm on each side) is enough as most 2 door fridge is about this width. 

when you buy the fridge it should come with the gap needed on both sides in the instruction manual. better not to deviate from that.

On 11 June, 2018 at 8:13 PM, mmoh said:

Thanks for the info.

On 12 June, 2018 at 2:30 PM, Suneeta Devi said:

when you buy the fridge it should come with the gap needed on both sides in the instruction manual. better not to deviate from that.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi @greenbunny,

Is the toilet door with 2 locks also a PD door? How much is each? did you narrow the door width?

Sorry if you have answered this before but i seem to lost track of posts lately.

Edited by CaseBlue

On 6/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, greenbunny said:

Yes yes quite a lot.. don't faint at my feedback list lol.. Pardon me for unclear description of some items.

IMG_0237.JPG.d05027a743d5c28c8e6ccbd1f33e14c6.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG.66421f35c06f09c590aa8caef663c385.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG.fc70b7775d5ba07faea0b407b22947c9.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG.8914a29178270482944a7c105157e909.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG.c926b90bbf8c9f64dece8af4cdc7d048.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG.e5a6c4d994cc19d24716062334dd7841.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG.101ea91944557e16f97ae0d9cb2ece59.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG.734e2dfc117316272188094ea1808f8b.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG.617cb8457b0f69649726a8030161b152.JPG

During fabrication/measurement, I "sweet-talked" the carpenter to give me free shelves for DB box and he gave me "OK" sign immediately haha.. Actually, mirror door was added in at the last minute when renovation was about to end :P I reckon that if i were to ask for mirror door in the beginning, shelves would be automatically included.

:D You and @mmoh are well-informed about JRL.. Of course, I was pleased to know there would be MRT station (Tengah Park) nearby but N.I.N.E years to be ready?? oh well..

Hi @greenbunny, I fainted! Your list is long.

Edited by SuperZ
change my mind

On 6/11/2018 at 2:07 PM, Suneeta Devi said:

wow that's a lot of defects! I actually had zero. don't know if i'm lucky or just didn't check properly. probably the latter.

sobs.. so it means i am unlucky lol.. Maybe I kept pushing HDB to hand over keys to me so that's how I got such defects :P

On 6/10/2018 at 5:34 PM, mmoh said:

@greenbunny cos I have been waiting for a new train station in between the existing cck and bt gombak station which was rumoured that there will be one in the future but i think it is a gone case now. but luckily now with the new JRL, i got a cck west station which is about 2 bus stop away and i think walkable distance. btter than nothing.

Oh..  of course, still better than nothing. Two bus stops are really not that bad as long as there are no traffic lights all the way to station. Taking 180 from my place to Chinese Garden MRT station along Bukit Batok Road (3 bus stops away) is still a PITA because it is on main road and each bus stop has main traffic light junction :(

On 6/12/2018 at 2:02 PM, MiniBean said:

Hi GreenBunny,

Thanks for sharing what you have gone through, did you self check or your I.D. go through the defects with you?

My ID did help check some of the things especially if got any hollow tiles in kitchen/bathroom and bathroom doors too. He made a quick scanning of the whole house. Then I did the rest.

17 hours ago, CaseBlue said:

Hi @greenbunny,

Is the toilet door with 2 locks also a PD door? How much is each? did you narrow the door width?

Sorry if you have answered this before but i seem to lost track of posts lately.

I am told that PD is a brand/company name so the general term is actually slide and swing door. My ID obtained such doors from another brand/company but technically yes "PD door" that uses same system. $340 per door. Nope I didn't narrow the door width because if I were to narrow entrance width, it means I would have to pay for partial sealing.

2 hours ago, greenbunny said:

Nope I didn't narrow the door width because if I were to narrow entrance width, it means I would have to pay for partial sealing.

It's actually doable without partial sealing... i've done frame within frame as the original entrance width is too wide to fit in bi-fold frosted glass door. My id just installed some wooden sticks to patch the unevenness and paint black over the original door frame. 

As for the fridge space... i was told the gap is necessary on right hand side of the fridge only as you'll need the extra space to open the fridge. My fridge is 60cm width and the space i've reserved for fridge is 70cm. I think it's good enuff to accommodate most of the 2doors fridge. 

On 6/14/2018 at 9:40 PM, greenbunny said:

I am told that PD is a brand/company name so the general term is actually slide and swing door. My ID obtained such doors from another brand/company but technically yes "PD door" that uses same system. $340 per door. Nope I didn't narrow the door width because if I were to narrow entrance width, it means I would have to pay for partial sealing.

@greenbunny That is great... otherwise sealing is another cost. Most likely i need to source for cheaper door alternatives since my contractor says the PD brand can easily go up to $1k for such a wide door... 

does the supplier also do the installation? Is the installation cost included in the $340?

On 6/15/2018 at 12:31 AM, Ankle said:

As for the fridge space... i was told the gap is necessary on right hand side of the fridge only as you'll need the extra space to open the fridge. My fridge is 60cm width and the space i've reserved for fridge is 70cm. I think it's good enuff to accommodate most of the 2doors fridge. 

@Ankle thanks for the info. What is the distance between your fridge and stove if we take that your fridge is 70cm? 

Edited by CaseBlue

On 6/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, greenbunny said:

Yes yes quite a lot.. don't faint at my feedback list lol.. Pardon me for unclear description of some items.

IMG_0237.JPG.d05027a743d5c28c8e6ccbd1f33e14c6.JPG

IMG_0242.JPG.66421f35c06f09c590aa8caef663c385.JPG

IMG_0199.JPG.fc70b7775d5ba07faea0b407b22947c9.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG.8914a29178270482944a7c105157e909.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG.c926b90bbf8c9f64dece8af4cdc7d048.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG.e5a6c4d994cc19d24716062334dd7841.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG.101ea91944557e16f97ae0d9cb2ece59.JPG

IMG_0226.JPG.734e2dfc117316272188094ea1808f8b.JPG

IMG_0232.JPG.617cb8457b0f69649726a8030161b152.JPG

During fabrication/measurement, I "sweet-talked" the carpenter to give me free shelves for DB box and he gave me "OK" sign immediately haha.. Actually, mirror door was added in at the last minute when renovation was about to end :P I reckon that if i were to ask for mirror door in the beginning, shelves would be automatically included.

:D You and @mmoh are well-informed about JRL.. Of course, I was pleased to know there would be MRT station (Tengah Park) nearby but N.I.N.E years to be ready?? oh well..

:huh: Wow!!! So many defects spotted, guess you must have applied much medicated oil :P upon checking all these.  

Hope future projects will have much improvements.  :bow: Po bi Po bi Arh ... (HDB contractors please take note) ... rush keys collection also must do swee swee. (BCA approval also can steady poon pipi)*

:) Thanks @greenbunny , I would also like to add shelves to the DB-Box cabinet with some modifications.

Hi all

I visit condo showflats to get ideas for reno, and their shower floor is just gently sloping upwards by 2-3cm from the wet to the dry area. Shower is partitioned from the rest of bathroom with glass door in a tiny space same as BTO squeezy size. It is barely perceptible, but the property agents confirm no kerb is needed to keep the water out completely and explain a gentle slope looks better and is also wheelchair friendly. 

I would also like the gently slope to separate the wet and dry area, but it seems IDs insist a 5cm curb is necessary? Or have I been talking to the wrong IDs?

How come HDB needs 5cm kerb but condo can have gentle 2-3cm slope? Isn't it possible to overlay the dry area 3cm higher and slope down to the original HDB tiling to get the gentle slope with no kerb?

9 hours ago, studioflatter said:

How come HDB needs 5cm kerb but condo can have gentle 2-3cm slope? Isn't it possible to overlay the dry area 3cm higher and slope down to the original HDB tiling to get the gentle slope with no kerb?

existing hdb bathroom shd have slight slope towards the floor trap too. but ya, i think u can overlay to get a steeper slope. 

but the kerb is also where the glass screen sits. so if the glass screen sits directly on the floor and use silicon to seal it, i am not sure any issue over long run or not. you might want to research more or talk to the expert.

• Like 1