Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 7/7/2018 at 11:46 AM, MiniBean said:

Hi Ankle

Thanks for sharing the photos!  Very nice :)  May I ask where did you get the chest drawers near the window?  how much it is?

Thanks!

It's bought at country furniture. Couldn't remember how much i paid... probably ard $800-900. You can refer to this link for details. http://www.countryfurniture.com.sg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

@Suneeta Devi, I really like your toilet reno too. Very nice. I would like to install the glass shower screen like yours too. Is it difficult to maintain, meaning wiping off the water droplets off the glass often to prevent stain looking glass?

Hi All,

I would like to ask your opinion about kitchen cabinets. I have seen most of the kitchen cabinets extend right to the floor or some an inch or two above the floor. I am thinking about kitchen cabinets that suspend at least 6 inches above the floor for practical purposes such as floor washing or house pest not hiding (or nesting) in the inch gap above the floor. Please share your thoughts.

1 hour ago, SuperZ said:

@Suneeta Devi, I really like your toilet reno too. Very nice. I would like to install the glass shower screen like yours too. Is it difficult to maintain, meaning wiping off the water droplets off the glass often to prevent stain looking glass?

I wipe dry my glass shower screen every time after shower... >_<

1 hour ago, SuperZ said:

Hi All,

I would like to ask your opinion about kitchen cabinets. I have seen most of the kitchen cabinets extend right to the floor or some an inch or two above the floor. I am thinking about kitchen cabinets that suspend at least 6 inches above the floor for practical purposes such as floor washing or house pest not hiding (or nesting) in the inch gap above the floor. Please share your thoughts.

I think weight will be the issue.

18 hours ago, SuperZ said:

so far not an issue...although to be fair my house is very bright and the water tends to try super fast.

18 hours ago, SuperZ said:

Hi All,

i don't think it's suspended above the floor for those 1-2 inch ones - usually there's a base. however suspended kitchen cabinets are also fine i've seen them before.

10-Scandinavian-Style-Singapore-Homes-You-Must-See-The-Design-Practice-Hougang-Kitchen.jpg

Edited by Suneeta Devi

20 hours ago, SuperZ said:

Hi All,

I think cantilevered/wall mounted cabinets although look nice, will not be as strong as floor standing ones.

Edited by jothm

Hi Ankle, 

May I know where is the trunking for aircon in your bedroom and toilet? Seems to be concealed very well.

And there is space for your wardrobe at the side wall. 

Hi all,

Advise needed. What type of store room rack are you using? All metal or with wood planks? Is centre pole necessary for L-shaped shelf?

18 hours ago, Reality said:

Hi Ankle, 

May I know where is the trunking for aircon in your bedroom and toilet? Seems to be concealed very well.

And there is space for your wardrobe at the side wall. 

The space was there for the aircon trunking to go thru. The trunking isn't really concealed... my id just paint over it so that it'll blend in with the wall. 

My bedroom aircon was on top of bathrm entrance. Trunking goes from the space on top of wardrobe to living rm. Toilet trunking is at basin corner area.

Edited by Ankle

Went to a contractor and got verbal quoted on my designs and makeover would cost around $35-$40k for the 2 room bto.

Is it over quoted even from a contractor?

I am briefly doing the following:

1. Country style kitchen (Overlay tiles, full corner carpentry but most of the space taken away by fridge, oven, washer) Do they still count in material even it's occupied space?

2. Living room - TV console with cabinets (full stretch end to end around 6 meters)

3. Bedroom - 2 Full height cabinets (1meter each)

4. Toilet - Sealed kitchen door, overlay tiles, moving basin to opposite to make way for bath tub. 

Thanks!

Edited by rainbow1979

1 hour ago, rainbow1979 said:

Went to a contractor and got verbal quoted on my designs and makeover would cost around $35-$40k for the 2 room bto.

Is it over quoted even from a contractor?

I am briefly doing the following:

1. Country style kitchen (Overlay tiles, full corner carpentry but most of the space taken away by fridge, oven, washer) Do they still count in material even it's occupied space?

2. Living room - TV console with cabinets (full stretch end to end around 6 meters)

3. Bedroom - 2 Full height cabinets (1meter each)

4. Toilet - Sealed kitchen door, overlay tiles, moving basin to opposite to make way for bath tub. 

Thanks!

ask for breakdown and unit price and compare by unit price cos every one reno differently. 

for carpentry, use an example of $250 per sq ft, your living room 6m = 18ft = $4,500, bedroom 2m = 6ft = $1500.

overlay will depends on what type of tiles you choose, use an example of $4 per sq ft, you can compute yourself.

fridge and washer will not take up the carpentry space but if u need a base, then there will be cost to it.

toilet, you can check with ankle and greenbunny how much are their toilet cost for switching.

I have just started renov, and the whole house is in a dirty mess now. May I know how much do the ID/contractor tidy up for u before painting starts?

Id say will sweep away the debris. But looking at the powdered mess, doubt it will help much. And because of gap in skirting, debris also went in. Sigh. I'm quite an ocd lol.

So during painting all the powdery mess will just get painted over?

On 7/15/2018 at 8:54 PM, Reality said:

I have just started renov, and the whole house is in a dirty mess now. May I know how much do the ID/contractor tidy up for u before painting starts?

Id say will sweep away the debris. But looking at the powdered mess, doubt it will help much. And because of gap in skirting, debris also went in. Sigh. I'm quite an ocd lol.

So during painting all the powdery mess will just get painted over?

better to do cleaning yourself first.  but then professional painter will paint a few coat and patch the wall first.

On 7/15/2018 at 5:56 PM, mmoh said:

ask for breakdown and unit price and compare by unit price cos every one reno differently. 

for carpentry, use an example of $250 per sq ft, your living room 6m = 18ft = $4,500, bedroom 2m = 6ft = $1500.

overlay will depends on what type of tiles you choose, use an example of $4 per sq ft, you can compute yourself.

fridge and washer will not take up the carpentry space but if u need a base, then there will be cost to it.

toilet, you can check with ankle and greenbunny how much are their toilet cost for switching.

thanks bro! just want to be on safe side not to get misleaded into an expensive contract.