Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

10 hours ago, mmoh said:

better to do cleaning yourself first.  but then professional painter will paint a few coat and patch the wall first.

Thanks. I will get Id to free up one day before painting, for my cleaning.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 7/15/2018 at 4:31 PM, rainbow1979 said:

Went to a contractor and got verbal quoted on my designs and makeover would cost around $35-$40k for the 2 room bto.

Is it over quoted even from a contractor?

I am briefly doing the following:

1. Country style kitchen (Overlay tiles, full corner carpentry but most of the space taken away by fridge, oven, washer) Do they still count in material even it's occupied space?

2. Living room - TV console with cabinets (full stretch end to end around 6 meters)

3. Bedroom - 2 Full height cabinets (1meter each)

4. Toilet - Sealed kitchen door, overlay tiles, moving basin to opposite to make way for bath tub. 

Thanks!

You didn't mention how much of overlaying tiles you're doing but think it'll cost alot. Cost me ard 1k just to overlay 1 side of bathroom wall. Overlay tile usually cost ard $7-10 p/sqft including material + labour.

Also, if you want to seal kitchen entrance, id will usually charge a couple of hundreds to remove original door and patching of door will probably cost ard 1k. 

As what mm had mentioned, u'll need to look into detail breakdown to see whether u're being over quote.

10 hours ago, Reality said:

Thanks. I will get Id to free up one day before painting, for my cleaning.

My id done the cleaning for me. Think usually 1st painting is done after dirty work and 2nd painting after carpentry.

22 hours ago, Ankle said:

You didn't mention how much of overlaying tiles you're doing but think it'll cost alot. Cost me ard 1k just to overlay 1 side of bathroom wall. Overlay tile usually cost ard $7-10 p/sqft including material + labour.

Also, if you want to seal kitchen entrance, id will usually charge a couple of hundreds to remove original door and patching of door will probably cost ard 1k. 

As what mm had mentioned, u'll need to look into detail breakdown to see whether u're being over quote.

ya...sealing of the kitchen door, they must overlay tiles on both sides, re-route pipes, etc. expensive!

On 7/18/2018 at 4:32 PM, Suneeta Devi said:

ya...sealing of the kitchen door, they must overlay tiles on both sides, re-route pipes, etc. expensive!

wow didnt know it is expensive t seal up a door.

I installed a glass door for $350 instead. Cheaper than building a concrete wall. Hope this help.

20180726_133351[1].jpg

Edited by spikeling
typo

6 hours ago, spikeling said:

I installed a glass door for $350 instead. Cheaper than building a concrete wall. Hope this help.

20180726_133351[1].jpg

wow wow wow! show more pics please! <3 

10 hours ago, spikeling said:

20180726_133351[1].jpg

This is really awesome idea!

Edited by CaseBlue

20 hours ago, swatcL said:

Oh.... ok. So you use it to kind of sealed up that doorway. So you removed the door and use a glass panel to seal it up.

yeah. smart right?