Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi guys, anyone can Share price for cement screed for 2 room? HDB doesn’t seem to refer their appointed screed contractor anymore. Previously I saw it’s about $500 or something if booked through HDB, now HDB emailed me back telling me to find my own ID/contractor.   

Edited by rainbow1979

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 7/30/2018 at 9:09 AM, rainbow1979 said:

Hi guys, anyone can Share price for cement screed for 2 room? HDB doesn’t seem to refer their appointed screed contractor anymore. Previously I saw it’s about $500 or something if booked through HDB, now HDB emailed me back telling me to find my own ID/contractor.   

refer back to my previous post, coolbunny did hers at $1200.

an ID friend told me $1600.

Edited by mmoh

Hi All,

I would like to solicit opinions from all those who had done their kitchen cabinets:

1. Do you put in a concrete floor base (say about 1-2 inch) for your lower cabinet to sit on?

2. If you did, do you overlay the concrete base over the HDB kitchen tiled floor (those beautiful tiles) or you hack those tiles off?

3. Same question about concrete base for fridge and washing machine?

Thanks in advance.  

1 hour ago, SuperZ said:

Hi All,

I would like to solicit opinions from all those who had done their kitchen cabinets:

1. Do you put in a concrete floor base (say about 1-2 inch) for your lower cabinet to sit on?

2. If you did, do you overlay the concrete base over the HDB kitchen tiled floor (those beautiful tiles) or you hack those tiles off?

3. Same question about concrete base for fridge and washing machine?

Thanks in advance.  

1. Yes

2. Overlay

3. Did not do

I saw, only after my reno completed, that u can request ur id to seal the gap between ur wooden cabinet and the concrete base. To avoid any unwanted stuff/insects get into the gap.

On 10 August, 2018 at 8:51 PM, mmoh said:

I saw, only after my reno completed, that u can request ur id to seal the gap between ur wooden cabinet and the concrete base. To avoid any unwanted stuff/insects get into the gap.

Hi mmoh,

Thanks for the info. Any idea for its actual term? Definitely doing it .... haha ... 

27 minutes ago, CaseBlue said:

Hi mmoh,

Thanks for the info. Any idea for its actual term? Definitely doing it .... haha ... 

no idea.

i just got my keys....   my contractor suggest me to go for hanging cabinets at the kitchen. He said it will make the small kitchen looks bigger especially if there is led lights below. He assured me as long as the wall can hold, it wont collapse.

I also didnt go base for fridge and washing machine. I dont think i will pour water and washing kitchen floor.

13 hours ago, swatcL said:

i just got my keys....   my contractor suggest me to go for hanging cabinets at the kitchen. He said it will make the small kitchen looks bigger especially if there is led lights below. He assured me as long as the wall can hold, it wont collapse.

I also didnt go base for fridge and washing machine. I dont think i will pour water and washing kitchen floor.

As for your hanging cabinets, how high above the floor your contractor or you have in mind? One of my friends installed "legs" to give stronger support. The previous version of 2-room (47 sqm) at HDB showroom has kitchen cabinet hanging too. 

2 hours ago, SuperZ said:

As for your hanging cabinets, how high above the floor your contractor or you have in mind? One of my friends installed "legs" to give stronger support. The previous version of 2-room (47 sqm) at HDB showroom has kitchen cabinet hanging too. 

i dun know, i leave it to my contractor to decide. I suppose maybe 6 to 8 inch?

Hi all

May I ask how long did it take for you all to sign the agreement after the first appointment of the unit selection? I selected my unit on 27 Feb this year but till now they have not sent me any notifications to go sign the agreement. My HLE has also expired in June. On the last appointment on 27 Feb, I asked the HDB staff who was doing the documentation for me if I need to apply a new HLE, she told me don't have to as they will extend the expiry date of the HLE. Did it work the same for you all as well?

Many thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, Melody2205 said:

Hi all

May I ask how long did it take for you all to sign the agreement after the first appointment of the unit selection? I selected my unit on 27 Feb this year but till now they have not sent me any notifications to go sign the agreement. My HLE has also expired in June. On the last appointment on 27 Feb, I asked the HDB staff who was doing the documentation for me if I need to apply a new HLE, she told me don't have to as they will extend the expiry date of the HLE. Did it work the same for you all as well?

Many thanks in advance.

Mine is 3 months. My selection was on early Oct and signing on early Jan on following year. I did not apply for HLE. You better call HDB to check.

6 hours ago, Melody2205 said:

Hi all

Many thanks in advance.

think HLE not required during the appt but no harm to call HDB and check it out.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:47 PM, Melody2205 said:

Hi all

Many thanks in advance.

Based on this (https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/buying-process/timeline), it seems like you will need a valid HLE on signing the lease agreement. Suggest you write to the HDB officer in charge of your case and get it in writing.

hi guys,

I am about to start my renovation. How do you all handle the toilet usage issue? Do you sealed up the toilet all the way? I am not changing my toilet.

There is no coffeeshop nearby my new place.