Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

If you hired contractor, dun think you could expect much input from them. 

Toilet is a pain for me too when i did my reno. Why not cover up the hot water outlet and use the cold water outlet only? Maybe check with a plumber for advice? My experience is whenever my id told me cannot, i'll start to google for pics and show my id asking him why other ppl can but u cannot. :lol:

• Haha 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 9/26/2018 at 2:27 AM, Ankle said:

If you hired contractor, dun think you could expect much input from them. 

Toilet is a pain for me too when i did my reno. Why not cover up the hot water outlet and use the cold water outlet only? Maybe check with a plumber for advice? My experience is whenever my id told me cannot, i'll start to google for pics and show my id asking him why other ppl can but u cannot. :lol:

i suppose thats part of the renovation journey... .

On 6/29/2018 at 11:42 PM, greenbunny said:

Nope. It didn't obstruct my lights. Maybe the location of my track lights and ceiling fan didn't interfere with one another.

P/S: Pardon me for those grainy/off-color photos due to my old phone which I had to use temporarily while my current phone is being serviced.

IMG_6832.JPG.c31e661e50f4332aaeab9765ef050e96.JPG

IMG_6834.JPG.ee69007ed8901d1818e565fedad214dd.JPG

IMG_6837.JPG.25fdf19d47e0173030edd78c87da775c.JPG

Hi Greenbunny, 

Do you mind PM your ID's Contact to me  ?..

Thank you 

On 9/25/2018 at 5:28 PM, swatcL said:

i am doing my reno now. Its a frustrating process, even though the contractor is my friend. I suppose they all have this mentality " you tell me what you want and I will quickly do it", there is little discussion and I don't even know if it is right or wrong.

Toilet is always a big headache because of the water proofing issue. I looking at a dry/wet ection in the bathroom and uses a curb and glass divider to separate them. Because of this, the original shower area is shifted to another location, and the basin area has moved. This basin now involves hacking of the wall tiles, if I want to use the tap I bought.  I bought a tall sitting on the counter top faceut. My contractor ask me to get a shower mixer, that can use fit into the 2 holes nicely and no hacking involved. It is safe, but it will look ugly on top of my basin. Instead of a nice single tap, I will have a shower mixer whenever I brush my teeth.

I changed my toilet basin and shower position too. Initially, I was shocked that my contractor told me it will cost additional few hundred dollars to build a false wall in order to install a counter top and a tap on it.

I was not willing to spend additional money for that considering that I have already spend thousands to overlay my toilet walls.

So I crack my head and finally found a wall mounted basin tap that looks quite cool that also goes well with my counter top basin. 

On 9/25/2018 at 5:28 PM, swatcL said:

20180227_160808.jpg.d5b22df3125f7899cf4ab3131395e0d4.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 11:48 PM, spikeling said:

I changed my toilet basin and shower position too. Initially, I was shocked that my contractor told me it will cost additional few hundred dollars to build a false wall in order to install a counter top and a tap on it.

I was not willing to spend additional money for that considering that I have already spend thousands to overlay my toilet walls.

So I crack my head and finally found a wall mounted basin tap that looks quite cool that also goes well with my counter top basin. 

Nice! Does the water splash alot? Cos tap height seems abit high.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:48 PM, spikeling said:

Your tap and counter basin look matching, its nice.

I see your shower area, you have managed to install shower mixer. Did You hacked that part of the wall in order to get shower head and shower mixed installed? Becos i dun see any pipes exposed.

For my case, i will have exposed pipes to connect to my instant water heater shower. I am not using storage tank. 

Edited by swatcL
Add lines

21 hours ago, swatcL said:

For my case, i will have exposed pipes to connect to my instant water heater shower. I am not using storage tank. 

show pics!

22 hours ago, swatcL said:

Your tap and counter basin look matching, its nice.

I see your shower area, you have managed to install shower mixer. Did You hacked that part of the wall in order to get shower head and shower mixed installed? Becos i dun see any pipes exposed.

I did not hack my wall. I build a false wall to cover up the pipes.  I think it's necessary if you don't want exposed pipings.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:28 PM, mmoh said:

Nice! Does the water splash alot? Cos tap height seems abit high.

Not at all! Purposely did that height so that I can wash my hair in the basin! 

• Haha 1

The black circle is where I will install my instant shower heater. It looks like they have to install extension pipes leading up to the heater.

Does anyone has any ideas how to best manage this? thks.

bathroom1.jpg.2f1a512cc05e07f725ec60603945be86.jpgbathroom2.jpg.9c14650b80f7dd9afa082d19eb2957b8.jpg

9 hours ago, swatcL said:

The black circle is where I will install my instant shower heater. It looks like they have to install extension pipes leading up to the heater.

Does anyone has any ideas how to best manage this? thks.

For your reference

Instant Heater.jpg